What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Myrtle Beach Invitational Tourney thread- (RV) MEN'S basketball (Conway, SC; 3rd CU game vs. Boise State, Sunday, 11/20,5:00 PM MT, ESPNNEWS)

Colorado scored 103 today.
  • Last time they scored more than 100: 2018 at home vs. Drake
  • Last time they scored 103 or more: 2017 at home vs. South Dakota State (2OT)
  • Last time they scored more than 100 against a ranked team: 2014 at home vs. #10 Oregon
  • Last time they scored 103 or more in regulation: 2010 at home against something called the Longwood Lancers
  • Last time they scored more than 100 outside of Boulder: ????
EDIT: Found it. Last time they scored more than 100 outside of Boulder was a true road game against Saint Mary's in 2000.

SECOND EDIT: Last time they scored more than 100 outside of Boulder against a ranked team was a 101-106 loss to UNC on a neutral court in 1989. UNC was also ranked #24 at the time.

FINAL EDIT: Went back to '48-49 on College Basketball Ref (earliest year they have scores for CU contests). So far as I can tell, the Buffs have NEVER scored 103 or more outside of Boulder against a ranked team.

Last edited:
From what I saw of the Grambling and UMass games--both seemed like they were being played on a playground. Basically just run up and down the court and jack up the first decent shot that arises. I'm confused as to whether the nature of those games turned on what Grambling and UMass were doing on defense or on what the Buffs were failing to do on offense.

Any insight?

KJ goes 30p, 7r, 3a, 6s with only 2to. That's elite. He's such a big game player.

Ruffin with a bit of a breakout game with 14p, 6r, 3a.

Ethan broke out of his shooting slump and gave us everything we'd hoped for (and more) with 5/6 from 3.

LOB, LL and TDS all played winning basketball despite foul trouble.

Gabbidon is a difference maker. Energy while contributing in all aspects.

Maybe the big story is Clifford, though. 11p (on only 8 shots) with 4r, 4a. We get real good if he can consistently give us around 10/4/4 the rest of the way. He is fully capable of that.

So, uhh, I just watched the game. WTF was that? Zone for most of the game? hot from 3? The hell?

Lawson has stretches of WTF, but holy **** what a game he had. Some amazing passing.

My prediction for the end of the season is that no one would want to play us. That is now.

Edit: I love what Ruffin is bringing. He's got it.

Last edited:
Much appreciated if someone is able to post a link to a condensed version of the game like was done with the TN game. I wasn't able to watch the game live.

So does anyone who understands the tournament selection process better than me have any thoughts on how our two strong wins may balance out the two bad losses?

So does anyone who understands the tournament selection process better than me have any thoughts on how our two strong wins may balance out the two bad losses?
It is way way way too early to adequately answer this question. You need the context of the resumes of dozens of other teams closer to the end of the season. And even with all of that, it is still up to the whims of the committee.

It is way way way too early to adequately answer this question. You need the context of the resumes of dozens of other teams closer to the end of the season. And even with all of that, it is still up to the whims of the committee.
Yea, we don't know how bad Umass is going to be. Grambling is the one OH **** loss that will always be a wart.

Who you've shown you can beat (especially away from home) is given more weight by the selection committee that who you have lost to. Quality wins are going to be the tiebreaker among bubble teams. But we can't be losing any more games which keep us off the bubble.

P.S. UMass might not end up being a bad loss, but a missed opportunity

#48 on kenpom now. And wow. Check that tempo. Also, we are one of the least lucky teams in the nation so far, although I'm not familiar with how kenpom figures that out and can't look it up at the moment.

1668807652702.png

Edit: I had to know. Luck – A measure of the deviation between a team’s actual winning percentage and what one would expect from its game-by-game efficiencies. It’s a Dean Oliver invention. Essentially, a team involved in a lot of close games should not win (or lose) all of them. Those that do will be viewed as lucky (or unlucky).

If you mapped best matchups this tourney I would have 100% gone with UMASS, A&M, and then either Boise/Loyola. Crazy its working out like that despite losing to UMASS. Was painful last year with the first round L and then two cupcakes thereafter as a result.

Wow. Where was this team yesterday?

Also, how does Ruffin look (all I see is an impressive stat line)? Seems like a guy who could be playing starter minutes at the end of the season.
Ruffin played pretty damn well today, hell, everybody that got minutes did. I didn't see the UMass game, but this is what I saw this morning. Playing D and rebounding was definitely discussed I'm guessing, they were doing both. The effort was there in pretty much everything. What I really liked was how they were getting shots, moving the ball and themselves. When they got looks, they didn't hesitate, very good sign. I think it was Simpson that got a T over much ado about nothing except playing with some attitude and edge. I wanna see more of it. Last thing, your question about where was this team yesterday, it won't be the last time you ask that probably. Learning on the fly is what I see and it will make them better later on.

Ruffin played pretty damn well today, hell, everybody that got minutes did. I didn't see the UMass game, but this is what I saw this morning. Playing D and rebounding was definitely discussed I'm guessing, they were doing both. The effort was there in pretty much everything. What I really liked was how they were getting shots, moving the ball and themselves. When they got looks, they didn't hesitate, very good sign. I think it was Simpson that got a T over much ado about nothing except playing with some attitude and edge. I wanna see more of it. Last thing, your question about where was this team yesterday, it won't be the last time you ask that probably. Learning on the fly is what I see and it will make them better later on.
He's got slow mo game. Good feel for movement off the ball. Confident in his shot but plays for the best team shot. Strong. Does this weird hook pass thing. Love what he brings

Back