What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Offseason Thread

Now that the Avs have won the Stanley Cup, we are in the doldrums until CFB kicks off again (minus the British Open).

For me, the countdown has begun for CFB. I may not be looking forward to the Buffs season, but I still do love CFB in general, NIL or not.
I think this year my interest skews toward the mid-resource P5s which are running great operations versus watching the rent-a-team money train programs.

In other words, I'm more interested in WVU-Pitt than I am Miami-aTm.

I think this year my interest skews toward the mid-resource P5s which are running great operations versus watching the rent-a-team money train programs.

In other words, I'm more interested in WVU-Pitt than I am Miami-aTm.
I totally respect that.

For myself, I was thinking "What other team that may modestly relevant could I see myself rooting for if not the Buffs?" I did come to a conclusion based on the following:

1) Accepted but did not attend
2) CU has played at least one epic game against them
3) My parents moved to that area for a bit
4) I did a campus visit as a part of their move
5) I saw them multiple times in person growing up as a part of my dad's efforts to acquaint me to spectator sports
6) My now ex-brother in law was a grad and huge fan, so I watched a number of games with him

The answer is Michigan. I know some will hate that, but I really don't give a ****. They are right outside the inner bubble, so I don't feel like I'm bandwagoning, and I've got enough ties to make it modestly personally meaningful. For comparison, I knew a guy who went to Kent State and was a huge Buckeyes fan and then rooted for the Cowboys because his estranged father rooted for them. Yeah, whatever.

Plus, Coach Khaki is always good for a few laughs each year.

I'm looking forward to it!

I think I'd rather play more golf. I'll probably watch a game here and there. But my interest is at an all-time low.

I totally respect that.

For myself, I was thinking "What other team that may modestly relevant could I see myself rooting for if not the Buffs?" I did come to a conclusion based on the following:

5) I saw them multiple times in person growing up as a part of my dad's efforts to acquaint me to spectator sports
6) My now ex-brother in law was a grad and huge fan, so I watched a number of games with him

The answer is Michigan. I know some will hate that, but I really don't give a ****. They are right outside the inner bubble, so I don't feel like I'm bandwagoning, and I've got enough ties to make it modestly personally meaningful. For comparison, I knew a guy who went to Kent State and was a huge Buckeyes fan and then rooted for the Cowboys because his estranged father rooted for them. Yeah, whatever.

College World Series Baseball GIF by Arkansas Razorbacks

For me it is easy. I grew up an Arky fan, and I was born in Bama. So Arky and Bama, in that order. If I can squeeze in the Buffs on TV, I'll do that too.

Things must be good for Arky fans with not only their football team doing good of late but the addition of OU & UT would add more rivalry games. UT is based on history and based on the last bowl game Arky & OU played, I can imagine that developing into a new border state rivalry. Wouldn't that be in addition to the Missouri & LSU ones and others if I'm overlooking those?

I'm curious how the SEC is going to do scheduling once OU & UT join the conference. I'm also intrigued by Florida with Richardson at QB under Napier.

Things must be good for Arky fans with not only their football team doing good of late but the addition of OU & UT would add more rivalry games. UT is based on history and based on the last bowl game Arky & OU played, I can imagine that developing into a new border state rivalry. Wouldn't that be in addition to the Missouri & LSU ones and others if I'm overlooking those?

I'm curious how the SEC is going to do scheduling once OU & UT join the conference. I'm also intrigued by Florida with Richardson at QB under Napier.
Most of the Arky fans I know don't think too much about the Mizzou game. It was an add-on rivalry game like CU-Utah. But you are right, most are pretty excited about getting a crack at the shorthorns in conference, Okie too. The LSU game is always a big one.

-Yes it is - only school to finish in Top 25 of all three major men’s sports (and only team to make Elite 8 and Final 8 for baseball)
-Their AD, Yurichek just won AD of the year.
-Softball made it to the WCWS and lost to none other than Texas
- Fayetteville was named 4th best city to live in in the US
- Their facilities are otherworldly (just checked them out first hand at my daughters orientation)
- and watching their recruiting for FB, Basketball, and Baseball is insane.

According to long time Arky fans
- A&M (there’s a trophy for that game dating back to the SWC
- Tennessee
- and to a lesser extent - Ole Miss…I think stemming from baseball
- also what I’m gathering is EEEEVERYONE in the SEC hates Auburn as well as Tennessee

Last edited:
So Kelli got us into the Big 10?
That would seem counterintuitive to her statement that CU is going to be winning championships (if going to the BIG is what she meant…unless is BIG ski championships).
Honestly, I’m dumbfounded by what her and Jeremy’s statements were supposed to mean. Also, do they read this board?

From a coaches perspective, that's fair.

CU has few compromises on admissions standards for football players, expects them to go to class, does not have "athlete path" degrees, and expects the football program to accommodate class schedules instead of restricting what major a player can choose.

This isn't about academic ranks. Coaches are saying that these competitive disadvantages make it so hard to achieve or sustain any success at CU that it's a career killer job.

I totally respect that.

I'm going with Michigan, too. No connection whatsoever. Just hate OSU and MSU. Plus cool stadium, fight song, and helmets. Go Blue!

They were my Big Ten team growing up and I hate Ohio State.
If I’m going with B1G - it’d be a) Wisc, there’s nothing I really hate about them and 2) Penn State, wife is from PA, best unis in all of college football, and I feel like they’re past the Paterno deal (as much as we like to **** on them for it)

If I’m going with B1G - it’d be a) Wisc, there’s nothing I really hate about them and 2) Penn State, wife is from PA, best unis in all of college football, and I feel like they’re past the Paterno deal (as much as we like to **** on them for it)

I can get behind Wisconsin & Iowa…they do a good job of corn creaming.

I'm going with Michigan, too. No connection whatsoever. Just hate OSU and MSU. Plus cool stadium, fight song, and helmets. Go Blue!
I loved the fab five team growing up, and I had a buddy that played DB from 99-02 or 03? Those are my ties to Michigan…sadly I think I threw out/donated all of the Michigan gear that I had from the mid-90’s, including a Nike authentic Chris Webber jersey…

Back