What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Offseason Thread

Their schedule

2022 Nebraska Football Schedule​

DateOpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Aug. 27
Northwestern Wildcats Football Schedulevs Northwestern WildcatsAviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland12:30pm ETFOX
Saturday
Sep. 3
North Dakota Fighting Hawks Football ScheduleNorth Dakota Fighting HawksMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE3:30pm ETBTNBuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 10
Georgia Southern Football ScheduleGeorgia Southern EaglesMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE7:30pm ETFS1Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 17
Oklahoma Football ScheduleOklahoma SoonersMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE12:00pm ETFOXBuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 24
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 1
Indiana Football ScheduleIndiana Hoosiers (HC)Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE7 or 7:30pm ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Friday
Oct. 7
Rutgers Football Scheduleat Rutgers Scarlet KnightsSHI Stadium, Piscataway, NJ7:00pm ETFS1Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 15
Purdue Boilermakers Football Scheduleat Purdue BoilermakersRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 22
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 29
Illinois Fighting Illini Football ScheduleIllinois Fighting IlliniMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NETime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 5
Minnesota Golden Gophers Football ScheduleMinnesota Golden GophersMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NETime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 12
Michigan Football Scheduleat Michigan WolverinesMichigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MITime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 19
Wisconsin Badgers Football ScheduleWisconsin BadgersMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NETime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Friday
Nov. 25
Iowa Football Scheduleat Iowa HawkeyesKinnick Stadium, Iowa City, IA4:00pm ETBTNBuy Tickets
Saturday
Dec. 3
Big Ten Football Schedule
Big Ten ChampionshipLucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN8:00pm ETFOX
Northwestern in Ireland they will start the season with a loss.
The next two against North Dakota and Georgia Southern should be wins, should be but with Frosty's record it's probably 50/50 that they lose one of them, and at that point the fans who haven't already will be turning on the Savior and his team.
Then they get Oklahoma at home. Sooners will want to prove they can win without Riley. Nebraska can hope that the Sooners plane gets lost on the way.
Bye week then Indiana at home which would be another bye week for most B1G programs but not Nebraska. Probable win though.
Rutgers on the road. Rutgers is pathetic but they will see the fuskers as their chance to get a B1G win. Another probable loss.
Purdue at Purdue. Purdue has been steadily improving and also consistently beating Nebraska. That will continue.
Another bye week followed by Illinois at home. Should be a win. Fans will start to believe they have turned a corner.
They do turn a corner, right into a railroad tunnel and here comes the freight train.
If they keep the margin of losing under 20 for any of their final four against Minnesota at home, Michigan away, Wisconsin home, and Iowa away it will be an accomplishment.

Net result could be a 2 win season, more likely they win 3-4, best case would be 5.

I don't want to do the same for us because it would only make me sad.
Unlike us they have 6 winnable games on their schedule. Their schedule breaks better than ours. They just need to collect wins early. It kills me to say it, but they're gonna win more games than us this year.

Their schedule

2022 Nebraska Football Schedule​

DateOpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Aug. 27
Northwestern Wildcats Football Schedulevs Northwestern WildcatsAviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland12:30pm ETFOX
Saturday
Sep. 3
North Dakota Fighting Hawks Football ScheduleNorth Dakota Fighting HawksMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE3:30pm ETBTNBuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 10
Georgia Southern Football ScheduleGeorgia Southern EaglesMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE7:30pm ETFS1Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 17
Oklahoma Football ScheduleOklahoma SoonersMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE12:00pm ETFOXBuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 24
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 1
Indiana Football ScheduleIndiana Hoosiers (HC)Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE7 or 7:30pm ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Friday
Oct. 7
Rutgers Football Scheduleat Rutgers Scarlet KnightsSHI Stadium, Piscataway, NJ7:00pm ETFS1Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 15
Purdue Boilermakers Football Scheduleat Purdue BoilermakersRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 22
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 29
Illinois Fighting Illini Football ScheduleIllinois Fighting IlliniMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NETime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 5
Minnesota Golden Gophers Football ScheduleMinnesota Golden GophersMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NETime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 12
Michigan Football Scheduleat Michigan WolverinesMichigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MITime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 19
Wisconsin Badgers Football ScheduleWisconsin BadgersMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NETime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Friday
Nov. 25
Iowa Football Scheduleat Iowa HawkeyesKinnick Stadium, Iowa City, IA4:00pm ETBTNBuy Tickets
Saturday
Dec. 3
Big Ten Football Schedule
Big Ten ChampionshipLucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN8:00pm ETFOX
Northwestern in Ireland they will start the season with a loss.
The next two against North Dakota and Georgia Southern should be wins, should be but with Frosty's record it's probably 50/50 that they lose one of them, and at that point the fans who haven't already will be turning on the Savior and his team.
Then they get Oklahoma at home. Sooners will want to prove they can win without Riley. Nebraska can hope that the Sooners plane gets lost on the way.
Bye week then Indiana at home which would be another bye week for most B1G programs but not Nebraska. Probable win though.
Rutgers on the road. Rutgers is pathetic but they will see the fuskers as their chance to get a B1G win. Another probable loss.
Purdue at Purdue. Purdue has been steadily improving and also consistently beating Nebraska. That will continue.
Another bye week followed by Illinois at home. Should be a win. Fans will start to believe they have turned a corner.
They do turn a corner, right into a railroad tunnel and here comes the freight train.
If they keep the margin of losing under 20 for any of their final four against Minnesota at home, Michigan away, Wisconsin home, and Iowa away it will be an accomplishment.

Net result could be a 2 win season, more likely they win 3-4, best case would be 5.

I don't want to do the same for us because it would only make me sad.
I look at that schedule and one question comes to mind. Has Wiscy scored a TD yet?

Unlike us they have 6 winnable games on their schedule. Their schedule breaks better than ours. They just need to collect wins early. It kills me to say it, but they're gonna win more games than us this year.
They have six winnable games. That has no relation to a Scott Frost coached team actually winning six games.

As I said looking at our schedule makes me sad, The difference between us and fusker fans is that we actually know we are going to lose. They somehow still think they are going to win.

They have six winnable games. That has no relation to a Scott Frost coached team actually winning six games.

As I said looking at our schedule makes me sad, The difference between us and fusker fans is that we actually know we are going to lose. They somehow still think they are going to win.
True. They have six wins, while we probably have 2 with another 2 games at 50/50. 4 wins is our ceiling. Fvck me.

True. They have six wins, while we probably have 2 with another 2 games at 50/50. 4 wins is our ceiling. Fvck me.
I put their top at about 4. They will figure out how to lose at least a couple of games they are counting on winning.

Cuckoo I Feel Crazy GIF by arbeiterkammer

Can you imagine the amount of crow we are are going to be eating if they actually have a good season

=6 wins or better….

In my nature I’m a contrarian and while I completely agree with those that think that CU football is a ****show,I am struck by how many times the prevailing zeitgeist is wrong, especially when it is so heavily in favor of one side of an argument.

Some part of me just can’t help but think, that maybe HCKD and RG and the staff might just shock us all.

That crow would be tasty but I am pretty damn sure I will go hungry if waiting for roasted crow to feast upon.

Given the sloppy style this team will employ to keep games close, variance dictates that the team’s upside is more like 4-5 wins. Four wins means that they beat all teams with roughly equivalent talent. Five wins means they pull one big (2+ TD) upset.

Six wins requires the team to get lucky in two of several games in which they’ll be 2+TD underdogs.

The issue with this team is that its quality depth in the defensive front 7 is again dreadful. Against the physical schedule of opponents, that does not bode well.

Remember, there’s a significant portion of this Colorado roster who are not Power-5 quality players. If/when injuries to starters occur, these below par players will be on the field against opponents who are up to snuff.
No disagreement here...but.

I am hopeful that two unexpected strengths arise that we aren't accounting for.

1. Strength and conditioning under Turley has us playing above our talents. There is no question that he helped Stanford play some really good football when he was there. Maybe, just maybe, he takes our G5 talent and makes them P5

2. I was a big fan of what I saw out of CU during the 2020 season. I thought they were disciplined, well coached and played above their talents. I get that our competition was hamstrung by COVID, but I did think that the staff did a nice job with that team. Maybe, just maybe, the problems on the field last year were due in large part to disfunction caused by a Chiv/Dorrell rift and that if that gets smoothed over, along with having more experience at the QB position, we might be competitive and figure out a way to win some games.

I don't think any of this is going to occur, but I will be the happiest crow eating SOB on Allbuffs if it does.

I am moderately excited about this year.
Lots of new coaches, new offense, Turley had another year.
I will know by half time of the TCU game if the excitement increases or decreases.

I'm trying to work out the over/under on my attention span this season. Last season I was out after 2.5 games. Being an optimist, I'm setting the number at 3 this season!

1. Strength and conditioning under Turley has us playing above our talents. There is no question that he helped Stanford play some really good football when he was there. Maybe, just maybe, he takes our G5 talent and makes them P5

2. I was a big fan of what I saw out of CU during the 2020 season. I thought they were disciplined, well coached and played above their talents. I get that our competition was hamstrung by COVID, but I did think that the staff did a nice job with that team. Maybe, just maybe, the problems on the field last year were due in large part to disfunction caused by a Chiv/Dorrell rift and that if that gets smoothed over, along with having more experience at the QB position, we might be competitive and figure out a way to win some games.

I don't think any of this is going to occur, but I will be the happiest crow eating SOB on Allbuffs if it does.
1659461431362.gif

I'm trying to work out the over/under on my attention span this season. Last season I was out after 2.5 games. Being an optimist, I'm setting the number at 3 this season!
Lost my attention span early last year. It will not survive very long this year, if I see more of the same. Half of the 1st game will tell me all I need to know.

That headfake with the Texas A&M game gave me hope the whole dam season
I missed that game, it was hunting season. I watched UNC and was done by the 3rd qtr of the Minni game. Only got tiny bits and pieces the rest of the year.
I will watch the TCU game, I will listen to Air Force (Once again hunting) those 2 games will define my efforts put into CU football for the rest of the year

AFA is going to determine how much more CU games I'm going to watch this season.

I was reading about how much bigger LB Barnes was and that must be Turley doing his work. We haven't seen the fruits of Turley's off-season conditioning work just yet. Perhaps CU will do better than what everyone including myself have expected this year.

1) the player talent baseline at Stanford while Turley worked there was far superior to the current talent level at Colorado. He is a trainer with limited contact to talent deficient players. He is not a miracle worker.

2) the 2020 team got lucky for four games against opponents who weren’t as well disciplined. Once reality set in, Colorado got their brains bashed in by Utah and Texas. Last season was a back to reality moment.

3) This season’s schedule setup makes this year FAR more difficult than last year’s schedule. The “easiest” non conference foe is a USAFA team who will be at home after Colorado’s track meet game against TCU.

4) Right now, it seems like the number Vegas thinks Colorado will win is 3 games. Over 2.5 is minus money and under 3.5 is minus money. 3 wins will be a success. 4 is even better and not outside of possibility. 5-6 is incredibly unlikely and would represent a true miracle. 7+ and Karl Dorrell should be paid Nick Saban money.

Back