What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #4 seed MEN'S bball (Las Vegas, 2nd CU game vs. #2 ranked/ #1 seed Arizona, Fri., 3/11, 7:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

You kind of made my point. Best basketball of his career he was a 14/5 guy. It's not disrespectful to say he was an average P5 player.
That’s a bad take. 14/5 is first team all conference, so that is certainly superb numbers. He’s also a career 10 ppg player, which is above average for a career, especially at a school that has been above average like we have the past 4 seasons.

But apart from your slight towards Evan, you lose all credibility for saying P5. Apparently the Pac12 is no longer a P5 conference…

That’s a bad take. 14/5 is first team all conference, so that is certainly superb numbers. He’s also a career 10 ppg player, which is above average for a career, especially at a school that has been above average like we have the past 4 seasons.

But apart from your slight towards Evan, you lose all credibility for saying P5. Apparently the Pac12 is no longer a P5 conference…
It's not a slight, but... Solid player. His presence will be missed more than his on court production. Again...not a slight.

I thought there was one total bs call on walker and some non calls on the chards but the officiating was fine. That is something I expect in any game. Evan picked up some dumb fouls that he should have known better.

I thought there was one total bs call on walker and some non calls on the chards but the officiating was fine. That is something I expect in any game. Evan picked up some dumb fouls that he should have known better.

I don't think that refereeing cost us the game, but the moving screens on our guards could've been called all game. I mean if you're gonna call the kind of fouls they did on our fronting defenders, then you should call those screens as well.

RG should complain about the Oregon game, not the AZ game. The our fouls came trying to overcome their size advantage and were mostly legit. Except for a few on Jabari that were bogus. But I’ve seen much worse officiating.

I can’t think of a lot of calls where I thought, “WTF?” But I did think there were some sort of ticky tack calls. The FT disparity was huge. But that’s probably because we were trying to “out physical” a really physical team.

I only watched the beginning of SC vs UCLA but it seemed like those officials were allowing a lot more physical play. Curious how anyone who watched that game compare officiating in the two games.

Rick didn’t say officiating was below average and cost us the game (although definitely implied), but actually made a point to say we “need to fix it”. I take that as a collective comment that Pac12 officiating is subpar and needs to be addressed and improved in the offseason. Which is the only thing we’ve all agreed on in life, so hopefully a step in the right direction. New commish, there’s always hope.

I don't understand bitching about the officiating after the UA game. I thought that the refs allowed UA to reach in a bit too much and also that moving screen of having their bigs just walk through our defending guard to push him several feet off their cover was b.s., but we adjusted to all that as a team is supposed to. We lost despite matching them in offensive rebounds, winning the turnover battle and making 16 3s while shooting 50% from deep. They overwhelmed us with their size on the interior (disrupting our shots & getting easy points in the paint), shot 40% from 3, and got to the line 25 times while only missing 1. They brought their A Game and we had to play nearly perfect basketball last night to win against them playing at that level. Almost did for most of the night.

I don't understand bitching about the officiating after the UA game. I thought that the refs allowed UA to reach in a bit too much and also that moving screen of having their bigs just walk through our defending guard to push him several feet off their cover was b.s., but we adjusted to all that as a team is supposed to. We lost despite matching them in offensive rebounds, winning the turnover battle and making 16 3s while shooting 50% from deep. They overwhelmed us with their size on the interior (disrupting our shots & getting easy points in the paint), shot 40% from 3, and got to the line 25 times while only missing 1. They brought their A Game and we had to play nearly perfect basketball last night to win against them playing at that level. Almost did for most of the night.
And AZ played without one of their key guards. CU would have had to have played a perfect game. Didn’t. Lost to a much better team.

Quincy Allen. Just wait.

Also, Hurlburt will be fine in the paint. He'll be probably 225-230, and he's got above average athleticism.
Absolutely LOVE Allen’s game, but to say he would’ve been the best player on the team this year is just…weird.

Yea, if we only had a highly regarded bluechip player who had to sit the year out on the bench. Maybe then things would be ok, but it looks like we're set to win 9 games.
Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

I didn't have a problem with them, other than what you mentioned above. Imho, all you can ask is for it be called the same way all game long. Physical, fine. Tight, fine. If officials do that, the good ones do, it's on the players to adjust. If they call it two different ways during the course of a game, it's hard as hell to adjust. Other words, you can't. I know that's what always pissed me off about some officials. To be clear, officials were the least of my concern against Arizona. To be honest, I'd rather see the game be called more on the physical side as opposed to weak ass touch fouls.

Last edited:
I was listening to the KOA broadcast and during the course of the game they made a number of comments about fouls not really being called evenly.

Back