What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you have too much talent and depth?
I'm trying to figure out the formula now. I always thought about class balance across the roster & within position groups. Is that still a consideration or is it just about loading up for each season without worrying about class balance?

A veteran QB to look at is Zack Annexstad from Minnesota. Prepped in Mankato, MN and transferred to IMG his SO year. Was the starting QB for the Gophers in the first 8 games or so in 2018, beating out Tanner Morgan. Annexstad was injured late in the season, Morgan replaced him, the rest is history. Axxestad has been the 2nd string QB at U of M since. 6' 3", 220, big arm. He's had all the meaning full 2nd string reps the past 3 seasons. Looks like a guy with 2 years of eligibility left.

Annexstad isn't too exciting but for the fact that he has two years being coached in the Sanford system. I see him as a potential starter/depth veteran player that CU currently lacks at QB. There is no way he was going to get any meaningful PT behind Morgan and Morgan has committed to playing his 6th season at Minnesota in 2022.
I agree, Annexstad would be a good pick up. That said, there would be some work to do. The kid believes he's big time and will be looking for more legit contenders for his services. But hey, maybe no one of value bites and he drops his search to his 2nd tier options.

I agree, Annexstad would be a good pick up. That said, there would be some work to do. The kid believes he's big time and will be looking for more legit contenders for his services. But hey, maybe no one of value bites and he drops his search to his 2nd tier options.
And if those 2nd tier options don't materialize, KD needs to be ready to pounce!

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

I'm thinking he goes to South Carolina just to **** over Rattler again

I'm trying to figure out the formula now. I always thought about class balance across the roster & within position groups. Is that still a consideration or is it just about loading up for each season without worrying about class balance?

I used to think it was all about balance within the position groups, having a good balance of freshmen & sophomores to go with experienced players. But college football as I knew it is dead.

Now with the transfer portal you recruit what you can from HS, mainly because I believe there is a limit to the number of players you can get from the portal every year, and with players transferring out you need to maintain some semblance of depth.

Work the portal, and when you can replace someone with better talent you do it. regardless of class and even If you end up overloaded in a group. At the end of the season you tell backup players in the overloaded group it is their best interest to look somewhere else for playing time.

I am still trying to understand this portal crap.
So,when is the deadline and the portal closes? In other words, season starts and kids are still sitting in the portal, are they then forced to sit out? till the next season?

can schools throw out a bunch of offers then pick their favorite by pulling offers?

I am still trying to understand this portal crap.
So,when is the deadline and the portal closes? In other words, season starts and kids are still sitting in the portal, are they then forced to sit out? till the next season?

The portal is always open.

This is the wild west right now. I’m all in favor of giving athletes more autonomy over their careers but this is chaotic and getting ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back