What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
See? Yet another case of a P5 guy thinking the grass is always greener and ending up taking a scholly at an FCS level school.
Nebraska has a slush fund where all donors are being asked to contribute to. Slush fund is to pay for players.

They pay for spring football game, they will pay for wins.

QB Casey Thompson to Nebraska :sick:

Dude must be getting paid.

Charles Thompson, one of the great Oklahoma QB's, son Casey, that played at hated Texas is now transferring to BIG10 Nebraska, which has a home game in 2022 versus Oklahoma that lost their coach and is preparing to leave the BIG12 to go to the SEC in a year or two? Do I have all that right? Cats and Dogs are living together for sure.

Charles Thompson, one of the great Oklahoma QB's, son Casey, that played at hated Texas is now transferring to BIG10 Nebraska, which has a home game in 2022 versus Oklahoma that lost their coach and is preparing to leave the BIG12 to go to the SEC in a year or two? Do I have all that right? Cats and Dogs are living together for sure.

Charles was one of the last great option QBs at Oklahoma.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs
Try to keep up, Judy!

Charles was one of the last great option QBs at Oklahoma.
Heck yeah, he was sweet, but I am old enough to remember the simplicity of the Big 12 with Colorado and Nebraska in the North, and Oklahoma and Texas in the South, and a lot of exciting and good football being played. Now, all FOUR will be in Different Conferences than the Big 12 and with NIL Free Agency run amok, things will just not be anywhere like it used to be, and more likely even more crazy

All this will start trickling down to high school ball next. Archie is kinda getting the ball rolling already

fify

Money isn't enough to make going to Stinkoln worth it.

Frosty going to get him killed like he tried to do with Martinez.
And still players would rather go there than here. Fvck this **** a$$ program.

Jesus, are there really still people on this site believing we won’t be standing alone and sad at the end of the day begging for the dregs and scraps of this year’s transfer portal? People keep posting news of so and so entering the portal and there is no way 99% of these dudes are coming here.

Jesus, are there really still people on this site believing we won’t be standing alone and sad at the end of the day begging for the dregs and scraps of this year’s transfer portal? People keep posting news of so and so entering the portal and there is no way 99% of these dudes are coming here.
Yeah they will. Maybe not the top transfer prospects, but worthy starters. End of the day, the NFL goal >>>>> NIL money and CU offers a lot of day one starting potential at a lot of positions.

Yeah they will. Maybe not the top transfer prospects, but worthy starters. End of the day, the NFL goal >>>>> NIL money and CU offers a lot of day one starting potential at a lot of positions.

Right? Arlington Hambright needed a guaranteed starting spot to showcase himself for the NFL so he came to CU, nearly went to a bowl, got drafted and has been in the NFL (albeit mostly as a PS guy) ever since.

And still players would rather go there than here. Fvck this **** a$$ program.

There is a lot of gallows humor on this board these days. You on the other hand have become an absolute nasty, bitter, prick as of late. For your mental health and for the health of those in your real life maybe it would benefit you to step away for awhile.

There is a lot of gallows humor on this board these days. You on the other hand have become an absolute nasty, bitter, prick as of late. For your mental health and for the health of those in your real life maybe it would benefit you to step away for awhile.
Coming from anyone else on this board, I might consider it. Coming from Prick #1 around here, nah we’re cool. I’ll stay.

A good chunk of top level players are going to get sums nearing or more than $1 million during their college careers, more than I make in 20 years. If I were a young lower to middle class man I think I’d go all-in on football, to hell with academics. Even if you “fail” and ride the bench at a D3 school you could still earn yourself a free degree, which frankly sets you up better than sitting in the library. This is only the beginning. College players are eventually going to be paid big time since the South and some of the Midwest is rabid. Buckle up. Don’t like how it’s changing the sport but good for these young men (many of whom come from modest means). Get all that you can fellas!

A good chunk of top level players are going to get sums nearing or more than $1 million during their college careers, more than I make in 20 years. If I were a young lower to middle class man I think I’d go all-in on football, to hell with academics. Even if you “fail” and ride the bench at a D3 school you could still earn yourself a free degree, which frankly sets you up better than sitting in the library. This is only the beginning. College players are eventually going to be paid big time since the South and some of the Midwest is rabid. Buckle up. Don’t like how it’s changing the sport but good for these young men (many of whom come from modest means). Get all that you can fellas!
…and most of them will leave college broke, but they’ll have a $100k car and every pair of Jordans known to man.

David Ubben at the Athletic had a novel idea on how to stop the anarchy and chaos - schools pay the players. They have contracts. You can’t leave for X years while we pay you Y a year. Kids get paid, colleges get control, everyone is happy except for the yelling at clouds crew.

David Ubben at the Athletic had a novel idea on how to stop the anarchy and chaos - schools pay the players. They have contracts. You can’t leave for X years while we pay you Y a year. Kids get paid, colleges get control, everyone is happy except for the yelling at clouds crew.

This idea has been kicking around here too. Talk of collective bargaining too as it will be just as crazy if the wage scales are different from school to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back