What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Buffsbball

Brother is Jordyn Tyson a '22 Buffs football receiver signee. Wonder if Tad explores interest. 37th nationally in 247 in 21 class. Love scoring wings. If we pair someone like him with Quincy Allen watch out.

Brother is Jordyn Tyson a '22 Buffs football receiver signee. Wonder if Tad explores interest. 37th nationally in 247 in 21 class. Love scoring wings. If we pair someone like him with Quincy Allen watch out.
Especially interesting since the type of players Beard recruits perfectly aligns with what Tad looks for.

Curious how this would work.

There prolly aren't many teams with open 'ships this soon after the Nov. signing period. Would he take a walk-on spot for 1 semester?

If he transfers for the spring semester I presume he would not be immediately eligible. Or is that wrong?

The timing is kinda weird to me.

Curious how this would work.

There prolly aren't many teams with open 'ships this soon after the Nov. signing period. Would he take a walk-on spot for 1 semester?

If he transfers for the spring semester I presume he would not be immediately eligible. Or is that wrong?

The timing is kinda weird to me.
He wasn’t getting any playing time. So he decided not to wait. The buffs should have an open a scholly with Faulkner leaving. The interesting thing will be if he’s eligible for fall or have to wait until next spring.

He wasn’t getting any playing time. So he decided not to wait. The buffs should have an open a scholly with Faulkner leaving. The interesting thing will be if he’s eligible for fall or have to wait until next spring.

I forgot about Faulkner, however he could be looking at a school that doesn't have a schollie available. I guess he would have to take a walk on spot just to practice.

And yes, the eligibility question is huge. If players are allowed to transfer in-season and be eligible to play immediately this could get ugly.

I wonder if he would be eligible immediately. Anyone know?

As in play for two different teams in the same season?

I'm not familiar with that happening in the past. If it is possible, then I would expect we would be seeing all sorts of in-season transfers. At least at the semester break.

Jalen Graham at ASU is an interesting one, Phoenix native really got better last year. Bobby can't retain anyone.
Jaiden Delaire looking to play elsewhere for his COVID year from Stanford.
Riley Battin at Utah whose had a varied role throughout his career.

These are the early PAC-12 transfer portal entrants.

Slim to no chance we offer someone in Transfer Portal, until we hear if '22 Avery Brown commits to CU in the next month or two. The true point guard (with elite passing, scoring & D) is our only current offer. See my 3/20/22 post on "22-23 Roster, how do we finish class" for more on CU's minimal roster needs, ie: hold spot until '23!

I prefer Utah State's Fardaws Aimaq over any of the PAC-12 bigs above. But a point guard like Antonio Daye, Zeb Jackson or
Cam Hayes seems more likely, unless we lose someone on roster (which I doubt). Though pass-first Cam has multiple years left, & I think 1 year rental is enough (so we keep open-spot for deep '23 recruits!).

Someone we have a prior relationship w/ like San Jose's Josh O'Garro is most likely. Or I like a Michael Ofoegbu Jr combo-forward-type vs. a true wing like Gerald Liddell.

A 6'4" guard; assume he'd be a grad transfer since he's listed as a senior on the Princeton roster.

A 6'4" guard; assume he'd be a grad transfer since he's listed as a senior on the Princeton roster.

Wonder what we can read into that. Does that mean we have another combo guard leaving like a Ruffin. RJ is similar size but don't think Tad wants to play him right away.

Wonder what we can read into that. Does that mean we have another combo guard leaving like a Ruffin. RJ is similar size but don't think Tad wants to play him right away.
I think you can read into it that if you can shoot the 3 and defend, we'll find playing time. 39.5% shooter on almost 6 attempts a game. The defend part is just an assumption on my part.

They don't have a single PG on their roster now. 😳
Jerry Seinfeld GIF

I think you can read into it that if you can shoot the 3 and defend, we'll find playing time. 39.5% shooter on almost 6 attempts a game. The defend part is just an assumption on my part.
It is tough because a bunch of the competition is vs Ivy league, so offensive efficiency could be inflated. A couple concerning items - likes to foul, likes to turn the ball over, low assist rate.

He's gotten appreciably better in just about every statistical category every year.

It is tough because a bunch of the competition is vs Ivy league, so offensive efficiency could be inflated. A couple concerning items - likes to foul, likes to turn the ball over, low assist rate.

He's gotten appreciably better in just about every statistical category every year.
I'd expect him to be a situational guy, not a starter. Looks like he'd be someone who might play the last couple minutes of most games when you need an extra ball handler & perimeter defender who can make 3s & FTs. Otherwise, I think total minutes are in the 10-15 minutes range.

I'm wondering if we look at Devin Carter (dad Anthony Carter) played for the nuggets for 5 years. I think Devin even attended Creek for a year or so if I remember correctly. We did offer out of high school. Averaged 9 ,4, and 1 as a freshman at South Carolina on his way to All SEC freshman team. At 6'3 and with Kee hitting the portal this could be a perfect fit. I'm sure we will have plenty of competition.

Back