What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

I don't think it happens this offseason, but I could see Kirby Smart retiring (if only for 2-3 years) after next season.
At only 47 though? What’s the general gist of the interviews you’re talking about? Doesn’t like the stress? The lack of work life balance?

Just several along the way. The lack of work life balance is the big one. There is no real "offseason" and that only gets crazier with a tougher SEC on the horizon.

Interesting, I've never picked up on this and/or haven't watched enough of his interviews

Just several along the way. The lack of work life balance is the big one. There is no real "offseason" and that only gets crazier with a tougher SEC on the horizon.
Also have to wonder if he wins it this year for three in a row how much more is there to drive him. Yes there is 4 in a row and 5 in a row but he willhave already put himself in the record books, he will already be with the all-time greats.

He will also have a boatload of money that he has never had time to enjoy and he could easily keep it flowing in being a TV analyst without the year around stress.

Also have to wonder if he wins it this year for three in a row how much more is there to drive him. Yes there is 4 in a row and 5 in a row but he willhave already put himself in the record books, he will already be with the all-time greats.

He will also have a boatload of money that he has never had time to enjoy and he could easily keep it flowing in being a TV analyst without the year around stress.
You are B_walking Kirby right now as old Nick is trying to muddy up the SEC and CFP

And then the massive amount of whining will commence and I could see the SEC throwing Texas under the bus
There’s no doubt in my mind.

And while we’re at it, I’m actually hoping for UT to win the Natty (son wants to go there), but what I’d like to see even more just to prove the farcity of this playoff **** - Bama crush UGA, FSU lose, and the committee put Mich, UDub, Bama…and UGA in and try to justify that Bama’s win over UGA was better than UT’s win over Bama, but that UGA’s loss to Bama was less bad than Bama’s loss to UT or UT’s loss to OU.

And while we’re at it, I’m actually hoping for UT to win the Natty (son wants to go there), but what I’d like to see even more just to prove the farcity of this playoff **** - Bama crush UGA, FSU lose, and the committee put Mich, UDub, Bama…and UGA in and try to justify that Bama’s win over UGA was better than UT’s win over Bama, but that UGA’s loss to Bama was less bad than Bama’s loss to UT or UT’s loss to OU.
Exactly what I am thinking as well
Texas is in a precarious position with the powers that be

Could he take a shot at the NFL? What's there to lose if you're him-you flop and you have a TV gig or a college gig waiting for you.

Farcity is not a word.

There are rumblings on Twitterville that Nick Williams is leaving CU.
Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

Boise State wins the MWC title at 8-5. That's 3-0 for Spencer Danielson, who became the first interim to win a conference title. They've gotta hire him, don't they?

Back