What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Serious question: Is this hire any better in Buff fan’s eyes than Pat Shurmur?
I think worse from the standpoint that I've heard that BOB is a very difficult personality who doesn't relate well with players. And tOSU didn't need that type of resume for its OC - they've got friggin' Ryan Day as HC running the offense.

I mean, it's still gonna be Day's offense. We're stuck with Shurmur's.
What is “Day’s offense”? The spread offense that everyone runs? I also don’t really see BOB going there just to call someone else’s plays. I’m sure base concepts and some verbiage will be the same or similar, but they’re not demoting (??) Hartline just to bring in a new playcaller of the same ****.

Deboer was brilliant in taking the Bammer job right now. I just saw a UW championship game depth chart with lines through the players that are not returning to the team this fall. UW has zero starters on offense returning and two starters on defense returning. There are some transfers, but most of them are from tapped out eligibility or declaring for the NFL draft.

Yeah, following Saban is tough but following himself at UW this season looks worse.
Hard to turn down Bama money and getting a chance to work with those resources.

At the same time a 3 loss season is unacceptable to Bama fans and those people aren't exactly rational in looking at the why's. Hard to imagine anyone being considered a success following Sabin.

Hard to turn down Bama money and getting a chance to work with those resources.

At the same time a 3 loss season is unacceptable to Bama fans and those people aren't exactly rational in looking at the why's. Hard to imagine anyone being considered a success following Sabin.
Dude. 3 straight close wins is unacceptable to Bama fans.

Michigan winning the title broke their brains.
Yep. I think the main criticism of Day, even going back to when he was OC, was that as much as he took Urban's offense and modernized the passing attack to make it even more high powered as a QB & WR wet dream - it also gets pass happy and tOSU was losing its identity as a bully to become a finesse team. My suspicion is that BOB and more run game focus may have been strongly encouraged.

Yes. He’s had success in CFB.
Mediocre success for 2 seasons at PSU and then he got to coordinate Bama for a couple seasons, likely as a favor to Saban’s best friend, Bill Belichick.

So yes, you are accurate in your assessment that he’s had success in CFB, although I think that fails to apply context. Pat Shurmur has had success in the NFL.

Point is, I don’t really see the two as significantly different. I also look around at some top programs and their OC choices, and I see more Mike Bobo, Pat Shurmur, Bill O’Brien, and Tommy Rees types than I do Brennan Marion or Sean Lewis types.

Mediocre success for 2 seasons at PSU and then he got to coordinate Bama for a couple seasons, likely as a favor to Saban’s best friend, Bill Belichick.

So yes, you are accurate in your assessment that he’s had success in CFB, although I think that fails to apply context. Pat Shurmur has had success in the NFL.

Point is, I don’t really see the two as significantly different. I also look around at some top programs and their OC choices, and I see more Mike Bobo, Pat Shurmur, Bill O’Brien, and Tommy Rees types than I do Brennan Marion or Sean Lewis types.
PSU was coming off of sanctions, so I think he did a good job there. But that was his peak. He has gotten progressively worse at each stop since then.

PSU was coming off of sanctions, so I think he did a good job there. But that was his peak. He has gotten progressively worse at each stop since then.
The job he did at PSU was amazing. Nothing short of that.
Alabama had a very good offense while he was there as well.
Shurmur has had no success whatsoever in CFB and to me, that's by far the biggest risk.

Yep. I think the main criticism of Day, even going back to when he was OC, was that as much as he took Urban's offense and modernized the passing attack to make it even more high powered as a QB & WR wet dream - it also gets pass happy and tOSU was losing its identity as a bully to become a finesse team. My suspicion is that BOB and more run game focus may have been strongly encouraged.
All checks out. But I’m more specifically referring to their new president that came from Nebraska, their new AD that came from aTm, and now this. What are they doing?

Back