What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

Joel Klatt just said on 104.3 that Fox would carry the USC game. But no time mentioned

Looking at the the schedule for week 5 nothing else jumps out so I'm guessing we end up in either the noon timeslot or 7:30 EDT slot since they usually don't put their biggest game at 3:30/4.

The other Fox possibilities for that week are Michigan-Nebraska, Oregon-Stanford and KU-Texas. And maybe UW-Arizona

Burnout will occur. I'd say we'd be a guarantee for the USC game if that's the schedule but they are already doing us 2 weeks in a row. Are they really gonna come to fun for a quarter of the season?

Fox putting games at 10am local is dirty - under the p12 contract, that time slot is not allowable in the pacific time zone without the schools’ permission. Not sure why/if that is different for mountain time.

Fox also can chose to kick at 1:30pm as well, but according to Matt Sarz’s CFB TV page, Fox is doing MLB in the 5pm MT evening slot.

Last edited:
Fox putting games at 10am local is dirty - under the p12 contract, that time a lot is not allowable in the pacific time zone without the schools’ permission. Not sure why/if that is different for mountain time.

Fox also can chose to kick at 130pm as well, but according to Matt Sarz’s CFB TV page, Fox is doing MLB in the 5pm MT evening slot.
Fox putting us on as the Big Noon game is the antithesis of dirty.

We'll be on it in Lincoln.
Texas at Michigan is that day, and Fox specifically demended that they switch the home dates up on that series as a condition of Texas moving on from the Big 12 a year early. Can't see Fox passing up on that game.

Last edited:
Maybe. From what I've heard, it certainly hasn't been commonly referred to as that
It's called the Big Noon Kickoff Show. It's Fox's version of College Gameday. Like Gameday, most of the time the show is at the same place as the game that is kicking off on FOX at Noon ET. However, also like Gameday, they sometimes have the show in one location even when the game is in another.

Their choice to do this in week three is not surprising. The slate of games this week is not good and they can ride the Prime/CU gravy train for their show ratings another week.

It's called the Big Noon Kickoff Show. It's Fox's version of College Gameday. Like Gameday, most of the time the show is at the same place as the game that is kicking off on FOX at Noon ET. However, also like Gameday, they sometimes have the show in one location even when the game is in another.

Their choice to do this in week three is not surprising. The slate of games this week is not good and they can ride the Prime/CU gravy train for their show ratings another week.
Yeah, I understand all that.

And it's a confusing name. There were several posts last week here in AB reflecting that.

I assume people heard "...noon kickoff for the CU / CSU game", didn't realize "noon kickoff" was part of the proper name of the TV show and thought it was speaking to the actual time of kickoff
It's their college Saturday morning show. Their feature game to start their live game broadcasts is their "Big Noon" game, which starts at 12pm ET. The "Big Noon Kickoff" kicks off the day's CFB coverage on Fox.

That's not confusing to me, but I do know from frustration at work that a shocking number of people struggle with time zones.

It's their college Saturday morning show. Their feature game to start their live game broadcasts is their "Big Noon" game, which starts at 12pm ET. The "Big Noon Kickoff" kicks off the day's CFB coverage on Fox.

That's not confusing to me, but I do know from frustration at work that a shocking number of people struggle with time zones.
yeah, I got that now. I was confused a few years ago when CU had a "Big Noon" game and someone put that in the thread title. I've been straight on this issue since, but when I was catching up on the weekend's threads Monday, multiple posters were expressing confusion over the CSU game time because of this.

if it was just me, I'd take the L and move on, but when multiple people -- on a message board dedicated to college football -- are confused by the name, I think there's something to it.

not a big deal, though. I'm sure Fox's marketing and branding people have good reason for keeping the name.

In fairness to Hokie - I did have conversations with two random locals last week who really thought our game last week was at 12 pm MT, not 12pm ET/10am MT.

Back