What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NCAA Tourn. Thread-6 seed//20 ranked WOMEN'S Bball (Sweet 16 game in Seattle vs. 2 seed/ 3 ranked Iowa; Friday, Mar. 24th, 5:30 PM MT; ESPN)

I'd be shocked if they shoot the rock from 3 point land like they did on Saturday. They're going to have to find another way to win it, I'm guessing.
Need to rebound and defend like Saturday. Duke's not going to make it easy for us on offense.

How the hell does a 3 seed get a home game?
The 1-4 seeds get home games during the first two rounds. In the past, when the NCAA tried the pre-determined locations for the first two rounds, attendance went way down so they went back to this.

This years experiment is holding the Sweet Sixteen at only two locations instead of four as it has been in the past.

I have not seen complaints about facilities and food from teams this year. The women's teams have had issues with weight rooms, food and practice facilities being totally inadequate in the past. As in one weight machine for 4 teams. That does not cut it.

The 1-4 seeds get home games during the first two rounds. In the past, when the NCAA tried the pre-determined locations for the first two rounds, attendance went way down so they went back to this.

This years experiment is holding the Sweet Sixteen at only two locations instead of four as it has been in the past.

I have not seen complaints about facilities and food from teams this year. The women's teams have had issues with weight rooms, food and practice facilities being totally inadequate in the past. As in one weight machine for 4 teams. That does not cut it.
I remember all the issues with the weight rooms and the food. I just thought that there were only 8 sites, and was confused as to why it was at the home court of the #3.

Going back to CU's destruction of MTSU, in addition to the insane three point shooting there were two other factors involved:

• Defensive rebounding, CU vacuumed up almost all of MTSU's missed shots thus virtually eliminating second chance shots

• Scoring without having to run a lot of shot clock - the Buffs struggle in the half court when they are forced to go deep into the shot clock

Because of thee above, their 17 turnovers weren't a factor and neither was another subpar shooting night from Quay Miller.

To have a chance tonight they will have to break Duke's press and efficiently run their half court offense.

Back