What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NIT Tourney Thread

I can't see KJ playing in the tournament. Sadly the health risks of playing too soon after mono appear too adverse.

??? Tad already said that he would be available depending on the testing. I think he only sat because there's a danger of transmission during a game. He likely won't have much stamina, but I'm not aware of other adverse effects of playing after recovering from mono.

fwiw:

"Although you can return to school or work when you are feeling better, it's important to avoid activities that can cause injury to the spleen. Experts generally recommend that athletes not participate in contact or vigorous sport activities for at least the first three to four weeks of the illness". Apr 5, 2021

Tickets start at $15

BUFFS TO HOST SETON HALL IN NIT FIRST ROUND​

Buffs fans, your men's basketball team is set to host Seton Hall in the first round of the 2023 NIT on Tuesday, March 14 at 9 p.m. Season ticket holders have until Monday, March 13 at 5 p.m. to claim their seats. Please click below to log in to your account and purchase your seats beginning at 9 a.m. Monday. Tickets start at $15.

Anybody have any idea what the ticket situation is for season ticket holders? I went into my account and it says I’ll be able to download my tix 48 hours prior to game time. Umm, we’re under that. Also, have yet to get any sort of communication from the ticket office. WTAF?

Anybody have any idea what the ticket situation is for season ticket holders? I went into my account and it says I’ll be able to download my tix 48 hours prior to game time. Umm, we’re under that. Also, have yet to get any sort of communication from the ticket office. WTAF?
Just messed around in my account. Apparently you have to click on "Season Ticket Renewals". From there you can buy the tickets.

I just called the ticket office because I was having issues online. I spent less than 5 minutes on the call and they took care of things quickly.
$28/ticket.
I think season ticket holders have until 5pm if they want to sit in their own seat.

SH Coach:

“In a perfect world, if they’re going to send us there, they’d let us play Wednesday so we have a day to get used to the altitude," Holloway said. "This is not going to be an easy trip.”

Holloway has experience with coaching a team at altitude in an extraordinarily late time slot -- Seton Hall's loss to Gonzaga in Denver in the 2016 NCAA Tournament.

“I’m not complaining," he said when asked about the challenge. "We’re going to compete and represent the Big East and the Seton Hall community. But flying across the country on short notice and playing at 11 at night, that’s tough to take a team from the east and put them out there. I’ve been up all night watching those guys (Colorado), until 4 a.m. They’re pretty good. Well-coached and big at every spot.

“But this is March, man. That’s part of it.”

I hadn't thought about them not having time to adjust to the altitude.

They have 8 scholarship players, at this point

I just called the ticket office because I was having issues online. I spent less than 5 minutes on the call and they took care of things quickly.
$28/ticket.
I think season ticket holders have until 5pm if they want to sit in their own seat.
That's what I had to do as well. Never received an email and the message that was attached to the tickets in my account made zero sense and provided no link to purchase.

CU Ticket office doing CU Ticket office things.

SH Coach:

“In a perfect world, if they’re going to send us there, they’d let us play Wednesday so we have a day to get used to the altitude," Holloway said. "This is not going to be an easy trip.”

Holloway has experience with coaching a team at altitude in an extraordinarily late time slot -- Seton Hall's loss to Gonzaga in Denver in the 2016 NCAA Tournament.

“I’m not complaining," he said when asked about the challenge. "We’re going to compete and represent the Big East and the Seton Hall community. But flying across the country on short notice and playing at 11 at night, that’s tough to take a team from the east and put them out there. I’ve been up all night watching those guys (Colorado), until 4 a.m. They’re pretty good. Well-coached and big at every spot.

“But this is March, man. That’s part of it.”

I hadn't thought about them not having time to adjust to the altitude.

They have 8 scholarship players, at this point

Weird. Most people are happy to take a trip away from South Orange.

Preview for tomorrow's game - https://cubuffs.com/news/2023/3/13/mens-basketball-buffs-host-seton-hall-tuesday-in-nit.aspx

"
NIT POSTSEASON FACTS: Colorado makes its second-straight National Invitation Tournament (NIT) appearance and 13th overall. The Buffaloes are a No. 3 seed in one of four eight-team regions.

The Buffaloes are 13-11 all-time in the NIT, winning the title in 1940. Colorado also has a runner-up finish in 1938, a third place showing in 1991 and a semifinal appearance in 2011.

Overall, this will be Colorado's 29th postseason tournament past the conference level. Head coach Tad Boyle leads the Buffaloes into their 11th national-level postseason appearance in 12 possible seasons (no postseason in 2020 due to covid). Included in that span is a school-record seven-straight appearances from 2011 to 2017. Prior to that seven-year run, no Colorado team had participated in the postseason more than two consecutive years.

Colorado is 54-74 in all-time postseason play, including conference tournaments; 25-29 on the national level (NCAA, NIT, CBI).

ABOUT THE PIRATES: Seton Hall is 17-15 overall and tied for sixth in the Big East Conference with a 10-10 record. The Pirates fell to DePaul in the first round of the Big East Championship. Seton Hall has dropped four of its last five and six of eight overall. The Pirates are the second-best scoring and shooting defense in the Big East allowing only 65.1 points per game on 41.6 percent from the field. Offensively, Seton Hall averages 68.5 points while shooting 44.2 percent. The Pirates average 8.3 steals per game.

Senior guard Al-Amir Dawes leads Seton Hall at 12.6 points per game and is an 83 percent free throw shooter. Graduate KC Ndefo averages 8.1 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game. Senior forward Tyrese Samuel averages 10.9 points per game and leads the Pirates in rebounds (5.8 rpg) and shooting percentage (.555).

SERIES RECORDS: This will be the first meeting between Colorado and Seton Hall. The Buffaloes are 13-8 against teams that currently make up the Big East Conference. Colorado's last game against a Big East opponent was its 96-73 win over Georgetown in the first round of the 2021 NCAA Tournament.
"

Rooney's article today said that KJ isn't expected to play tonight. Also, that Ruffin is probably done for the year since the knee problem continues to linger.

To me, winning this game depends primarily on attitude/intensity. If they have the attitude and intensity they had v UCLA in Boulder they most likely win. If the team is a no-show like they were v USC in Boulder they will lose.

Hopefully TDS has a great game on the offensive end.

Getting BIG TIME St. Bonaventure vibes. Tough, hard nosed east coast team feeling disrespected (having to come west) against a CU team that is depleted and may or may not be dialed in for the game. Add in a very late start that will kill the home court advantage and you have a recipe for disaster. I'll be there. Hope I'm wrong.

Getting BIG TIME St. Bonaventure vibes. Tough, hard nosed east coast team feeling disrespected (having to come west) against a CU team that is depleted and may or may not be dialed in for the game. Add in a very late start that will kill the home court advantage and you have a recipe for disaster. I'll be there. Hope I'm wrong.
I agree, vibes are bad.

We are basically a 7 man rotation if you count Nique. Wright has been playing starter minutes the last 3 games out of necessity and hasn't been a negative. Could use production from him, Gabidon, and just anything from Nique (14pts, 11 RBs several games ago) would be spectacular). Rebound, play lock down D and we are in the game.

We are basically a 7 man rotation if you count Nique. Wright has been playing starter minutes the last 3 games out of necessity and hasn't been a negative. Could use production from him, Gabidon, and just anything from Nique (14pts, 11 RBs several games ago) would be spectacular). Rebound, play lock down D and we are in the game.
Margin for error is so slim. TDS & Hammond have to both play well and then we need another 2 guys to score in double digits. And that's just to have a legit opportunity to win.

Seton has the size and athleticism at the 2 and 3 to make Nique a non-factor - not that he can’t do that on his own. Dawes will be tasked with stopping Hammond. He’s good enough to do it. TDS will be their focus - hopefully he’s “Home Tristan” one more time. That said…Gabbidon, LOB, Lovering and Wright will have to make the difference. If at least two of them have very good to great games, we win. Otherwise it’s the Bonnie’s all over again.

Going to be a small crowd
About 5 rows of students who will still be louder than the rest of the place

Back