What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Rocky Mountain Showdown Preview Thread (9/16/23)

With the game in Boulder is it even called the "Rocky Mountain Showdown"?

That's a good point with Boulder being so far from the rocky mountains.

Come On Please GIF

RamNation has convinced themselves that they will beat CU.

Delusion is in full force.
Tell them as a CU fan you agree and go on to tell them how it's all bluster and there's no real talent in Boulder. By doing this you will build their false confidence even more and set them up for even more heartbreak.

RamNation has convinced themselves that they will beat CU.

Delusion is in full force.
Pull a @manhattanbuff if a CSU fan starts chirping. Challenge with: "Ok, let's make it 50 bucks straight up." If they back off or start asking for points, you have put them in their place. Or their idiotic pride puts 50 bucks in your pocket.

Sort of like the (very) few here that think TCU will be a CU glory fest blow out?

Welcome to the pre-season!
Maybe a little bit but at least with CU fans we can state that we significantly upgraded the roster from last year while TCU lost a lot, CSU's roster looks like the same **** but different color.

Definitely don't expect a W v TCU but did take CU +19.5 or whatever it was.

The 50%+ of CU alum that live out of state don’t give a crap about the CSU game. CU is selling out every home game this season, the CSU game won’t have the highest attendance.
I am out of state and I absolutely give a crap about this game from the perspective that I can't stand losing this one. If we win, I always feel like we should have won. If we lose, I am so upset that I feel like we lost to an inferior opponent.

This game is a no win situation for me as a fan. I remember how angry I was all season when BVP beat us in 2002. I remember how good it felt to beat them the following year. It has been awhile since they have won (2014?) so this game hasn't been all that fun (no games have really been all that fun except the Nebraska games and the COVID season).

I am going to embrace the re-start of several rivalry games!

I am out of state and I absolutely give a crap about this game from the perspective that I can't stand losing this one. If we win, I always feel like we should have won. If we lose, I am so upset that I feel like we lost to an inferior opponent.

This game is a no win situation for me as a fan. I remember how angry I was all season when BVP beat us in 2002. I remember how good it felt to beat them the following year. It has been awhile since they have won (2014?) so this game hasn't been all that fun (no games have really been all that fun except the Nebraska games and the COVID season).

I am going to embrace the re-start of several rivalry games!

That 2002 game was my first as a CU student. Hated the sheep ever since. This game matters to me as an out-of-state alum. Other than the corn, I enjoy beating CSU more than any other team.

I don’t mind going to Fort Collins. It’s another game in the state. It doesn’t help revenues but as far as the team is concerned, it’s one less game that they have to actually travel for.

I’d rather them buy out NDSU. Nobody is terribly excited to see that matchup and it’s a zero upside, high downside game. Probably can’t do that and replace it with a ****ty FCS team for perception/PR purposes, but it was a dumb game to schedule
Definitely agree on NDSU for everything you mentioned. That program is a damn machine. We wouldn't be the only big school to get got by them. They seem to do it yearly.

That 2002 game was my first as a CU student. Hated the sheep ever since. This game matters to me as an out-of-state alum. Other than the corn, I enjoy beating CSU more than any other team.
So you don't have the hatred for kNu like those of us that suffered from 1992-2000. I mean, it seemed like every loss was just worse and worse. It also seemed like kNu scored on their very first play in every game from 1995-2000.

1992 was pretty horrible in the rain at Lincoln. Those "classy fans" threw stuff at us as we left in the early part of the 4th quarter. I vowed to go to Lincoln for every game until we won IN Lincoln. I was completed my vow in 2002 obviously.

1993 & 1994 were similar in that we couldn't pass AT ALL.

1995 was not a close game. We should have won in 1996.

from 1997-2000, each game ended in a worse fashion from the year before. It was like we exploded in 2001. kNu had no idea the pent up emotion that CU had from those horribly unlucky losses (I still think Aldrich's field goal was good in 1999).

So you don't have the hatred for kNu like those of us that suffered from 1992-2000. I mean, it seemed like every loss was just worse and worse. It also seemed like kNu scored on their very first play in every game from 1995-2000.

1992 was pretty horrible in the rain at Lincoln. Those "classy fans" threw stuff at us as we left in the early part of the 4th quarter. I vowed to go to Lincoln for every game until we won IN Lincoln. I was completed my vow in 2002 obviously.

1993 & 1994 were similar in that we couldn't pass AT ALL.

1995 was not a close game. We should have won in 1996.

from 1997-2000, each game ended in a worse fashion from the year before. It was like we exploded in 2001. kNu had no idea the pent up emotion that CU had from those horribly unlucky losses (I still think Aldrich's field goal was good in 1999).

I watched the CU-NU games since '86 as an observer and college football fan, but had no connection to CU at the time. It was obvious that the '90s losses grew increasingly more devastating each year. I sent in my deposit to attend CU the week of the 2001 game.

I watched the CU-NU games since '86 as an observer and college football fan, but had no connection to CU at the time. It was obvious that the '90s losses grew increasingly more devastating each year. I sent in my deposit to attend CU the week of the 2001 game.
The '94 game uhggg. Still hate thinking about that one.

The highlights of the '19 game with CSU popped up on my YouTube, and I was struck by something.

That team weren't world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but my god did the talent level drop off a cliff under Dorrell.

Also a good reminder of why Montez was so frustrating. Makes incredible, NFL throws, then follows it up with amateur hour BS.

I always hated blocking stubby strong guys, hard to get leverage, but I imagine this cat won’t have the lateral speed to be much more than a speed bump until he acclimates. Altitude will also ride his back for a while.

Back