What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Season Prediction Thread (Post TCU)

What is your new win total after the TCU game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gonna snapshot these every week. We only had the advantage on CSU last week. Two more popped up. ASU and Stanford.

View attachment 64110View attachment 64112View attachment 64113View attachment 64114View attachment 64115View attachment 64116
View attachment 64117View attachment 64118
img_0185-jpeg.64119

View attachment 64120
This is incredible. Thank you for posting. I’m screen grabbing for reference all year. Appreciated.

I think Feely (and Mata) and Vasset are really good kickers/punters, but FG blocking (which seemed to be cleaned up after the block) and kickoff coverage were bad. Feely’s KOs weren’t good either, whether it was by design to not get them in the endzone (which if that’s the case, you better damn sure know your coverage unit is really good), or his KO out of bounds. Vasset also had a couple mediocre punts to go with his great coffin corner.

Kickers were a mixed bag, but the ST units just had dumb mistakes that will cost them a game if not cleaned up
The block was mainly due to a bad snap which caused Feely to have to pause before starting his approach to the ball.

My concern is our physicality. We beat TCU with skill more than strength. I want to see us get to the point where we can punch the other guy in the mouth and knock him on his ass.

I originally had us at 7-5 but that included a win over TCU. The way we won changes my prediction though. The issues that we had that made that game close are all mostly fixable. I think we get significantly better by the end of the season and beat Utah. I’m going 8-4 now.

My concern is our physicality. We beat TCU with skill more than strength. I want to see us get to the point where we can punch the other guy in the mouth and knock him on his ass.
In situations, you've got a point. That's why I think hitting Nebraska hard right away next week makes that game a lot easier. I don't know if we can outphysical them, but I could see a game where we get up 14-0 and put them in a hole they can't get out of happening easily. That's the way its done in the Big 12. Everybody is good at the skill spots. Most, if not everybody does this type of stuff offensively. Forget the fact that CU and Utah were the only two of 14 teams in that beat power opponents (I keep telling you Deion would absolutely kill it in that league) for a second this weekend. Everybody makes the skill spots a priority.

I love this offense. Air Raid and tempo at altitude makes a whole hell of a lot of sense to me.

Prime has banned red. He gets it and I’m betting the players get it.
I wonder how he feels about Sal and what nubs wrote on bedsheets and tee shirts. It was heartless.

It has been half a lifetime and forgiveness is not likely.

The only parallel that seems right is how French people truly feel about Germans.

I wonder how he feels about Sal and what nubs wrote on bedsheets and tee shirts. It was heartless.

It has been half a lifetime and forgiveness is not likely.

The only parallel that seems right is how French people truly feel about Germans.
He knew all about this game before he took this job. He was playing for Florida State (and contending for titles there) in an era where the CU-Nebraska game was a big ****ing deal nationally. We played in the Orange Bowl when we finally beat them in 89 and 90, and the 94 team would have played for a title were it not for the way we lost to those dipshits.

He knew all about this game before he took this job. He was playing for Florida State (and contending for titles there) in an era where the CU-Nebraska game was a big ****ing deal nationally. We played in the Orange Bowl when we finally beat them in 89 and 90, and the 94 team would have played for a title were it not for the way we lost to those dipshits.
I am sure he was aware of the game. Banning red seems to come from a place of understanding what was said about Sal, and retribution.

It is personal.

So ESPN's take is one of the worst rosters in college football to a bowl game in one week. Got it!!! No wonder Spectrum dumped ESPN.

Also, if the LA Bowl is the Bowl Game, in July I purchased an investment property 1 mile from Sofi and dumped $240k into the remodel. 3 bedroom, 3 Bath in case you are looking for a place that's close to Sofi during Bowl season.

1693926540670.png

1693926628162.png

1693927010338.png

The toughest thing in college football is having an offense that can keep up with other high powered offenses.

Defense doesn't matter as much in college. It's all about if you can score in a track meet.

I think the offense answers the question. This is a 9-10 win team.

The toughest thing in college football is having an offense that can keep up with other high powered offenses.

Defense doesn't matter as much in college. It's all about if you can score in a track meet.

I think the offense answers the question. This is a 9-10 win team.
I'll never say that defense isn't as important as offense. But I do believe that the emphasis on defense has shifted toward forcing turnovers and getting red zone stops. It's about getting more offensive possessions per game & the points per possession you give up, rather than raw yardage & total points. It's why Riley likes Grinch so much even though fans think he sucks.

I've got from just missing a bowl game to going bowling. I previously had TCU as a loss and think we'll pick up another conference win. Our conference schedule is ridiculously hard. The very last Pac-12 football season is the best the conference has been since expansion. Thanks for nothing, assorted ****wits who brought this on.

The USC game intrigues me. USC's offense seems unstoppable. Their defense looks like ****. In Boulder, it could be a ridiculously high scoring game. We could wear them out and force enough errors to get a win. I'm not willing to bet on that yet. That will be the first game where the opposing QB and receiving corps will >= ours.

Oregon is still gonna be a rough one, hopefully we're not too beaten and battered for ASU in the desert, and Utah is going to be a really tough task. Not to mention Oregon State is really looking good, and Wazzu in Pullman is always a weird one.

ETA - got my dates wrong. Oregon will be the first game where the QB and receiving corps will >= to ours. USC will be the second straight week.

I'll never say that defense isn't as important as offense. But I do believe that the emphasis on defense has shifted toward forcing turnovers and getting red zone stops. It's about getting more offensive possessions per game & the points per possession you give up, rather than raw yardage & total points. It's why Riley likes Grinch so much even though fans think he sucks.
Agree. I'm just saying that for the first time in a very long time, CU has an offense that can keep their team in any game against anyone.

College you can play a style where you can give up 42 points and win - different from the "defense wins championships" moniker.

But CU also has the secondary that can force those turnovers. What a time to be a Buff.

Agree. I'm just saying that for the first time in a very long time, CU has an offense that can keep their team in any game against anyone.

College you can play a style where you can give up 42 points and win - different from the "defense wins championships" moniker.

But CU also has the secondary that can force those turnovers. What a time to be a Buff.
Call it old school, but hanging your hat on actually winning games consistently giving up that amount of points, I'd think you'll lose a hell of a lot more than you'll win no matter how good your offense is. That's me though.

Back