What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Uniform Thread

I have a feeling there are going to be some disappointed boomers up in their feels when these drop
Selena Gomez Yes GIF by Max

Not seeing COLORADO on the front of the jerseys would be an adjustment. If we wore black helmets, white jerseys, and black pants to Nebraska without the COLORADO, they would think we are Northern Illinois and head for the exits because they know they will lose the game. :LOL:

I had bad memories of all white other than the Oregon game in 16, the numbers and lettering made the uni perfect.
One tweak Gold face mask oh my. I might be foggy but the last time I remember gold on the face mask was 90?? it came off the helmet to black
That was just spray paint over the part of the facemask that attaches to the helmet.

With Prime coming in, his return to Nike, his hug with Phil Knight, and the release/reissue of the DT’s happening sometime in 24 (or so I’ve read). I think that the Spring game will be an unveiling of the new uniforms.

Hopefully it will be on near-Oregon level fabric technology. It seemed like the current uniforms were already on the way out by 2015. Which made it seem that CU was an afterthought to Nike. Real silver and real gold toned pants would be cool, more so than the tight sweatpants and khaki tones of the current uniforms.

Chromed gold/silver/black helmets and/or face masks. White with a chrome gold face mask would be really cool.

A reimagined white with gold lettering jersey would be cool. the black and white uniforms seemed like a step above practice uniforms (almost like freshman/reserve team uniforms in HS).

Hopefully it also means a step up in fan gear offerings and availability. I nearly laughed out loud seeing a CU section at the Scheel’s in Omaha when my wife, daughter, and I were shopping on NYE. Curious thought was why aren’t the NIL jerseys on Nike, or at least Travis, SS2, and Shilo?

Hopefully it also means a step up in fan gear offerings and availability. I nearly laughed out loud seeing a CU section at the Scheel’s in Omaha when my wife, daughter, and I were shopping on NYE. Curious thought was why aren’t the NIL jerseys on Nike, or at least Travis, SS2, and Shilo?

I guess too far away from Boulder in that case. You can see those NIL jersey's at pretty much any Dick's here in the Denver area.

Not seeing COLORADO on the front of the jerseys would be an adjustment. If we wore black helmets, white jerseys, and black pants to Nebraska without the COLORADO, they would think we are Northern Illinois and head for the exits because they know they will lose the game. :LOL:
1704397904457.png

Oh man, the Boomers are going to lose it
I feel like you just keep saying this because you know it's an automatic like from me.

Really looking forward to the Boomers getting all excited about the return to the Big XII, getting to the stadium and being confused because they don't recognize CU and "when the **** did Cincinnati join this conference? Where's Oklahoma and Nebraska?"

I feel like you just keep saying this because you know it's an automatic like from me.

Really looking forward to the Boomers getting all excited about the return to the Big XII, getting to the stadium and being confused because they don't recognize CU and "when the **** did Cincinnati join this conference? Where's Oklahoma and Nebraska?"
The best part is this has the potential to be CU's best season in a couple decades and the lasting images of it aren't going to look a thing like what they know and love about the CU "look". They already hated that we never wore our "traditional" roadies and only wore our regular home combination once I believe.

The best part is this has the potential to be CU's best season in a couple decades and the lasting images of it aren't going to look a thing like what they know and love about the CU "look". They already hated that we never wore our "traditional" roadies and only wore our regular home combination once I believe.
It worked for the Broncos back in 1997 and 1998. Everything has a season. It's time for something new, but clearly the winning is more important than the uniforms.

However, more than a "traditional look" because the look is constantly changing, it's the success that traditionalists "boomers" care about more than the uniform. Whatever uniform is associated with winning will be fine. We remember winning.

So you say we'll have uniforms this year?

I am actually pretty confident that the COLORADO will be on the new uniforms, just maybe in a different way, and their might even be a BUFFS on one

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 4.26.52 PM.png

As I always say, if I can easily identify what team I'm watching and it's not over the top silliness like we've seen with some of the Duck misses, I'm cool with it if as long as the kids say it's whatever word they use for "cool"

Back