What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 CU Buffs Football Eligibility Chart

The 2 guys they are bringing in are unlikely to pass him on the depth chart but I believe he’ll eventually get recruited over, which is why I suggested that it’s wise for him to portal out now if he wants to be a starting QB at some point.

I do understand that it’s not in CU’s interest for him to leave at this time.
The Vandy QB has 90% more upside than Staub and if he comes for Spring will likely pass him and would be great for Wildcat snaps.

The Vandy QB has 90% more upside than Staub and if he comes for Spring will likely pass him and would be great for Wildcat snaps.
I agree. I think both pass Staub. He’ll be at SDSU with Lewis. It’s just like buffs fans to go full homer for the lovable underdog like Staub. He surprised us one game with a whopping 175 yards. He had 1 other power 5 offer coming out? He’s JAG

I agree. I think both pass Staub. He’ll be at SDSU with Lewis. It’s just like buffs fans to go full homer for the lovable underdog like Staub. He surprised us one game with a whopping 175 yards. He had 1 other power 5 offer coming out? He’s JAG
Nah... He has IT and will make CU look stupid for letting him go if he leaves.

Nah... He has IT and will make CU look stupid for letting him go if he leaves.
Staub is a stud. The jag assertion confuses me; he doesnt have the physical prowess of the Vandy transfer, but he's a smart kid with a live arm who has experience in the system. I bet he maintains the #2 depth spot this year.

They can definitely cut them. They’ll just be students if they don’t go elsewhere. NCAA will be weary about denying waivers after recent injunctions.
Nope, can't cut due to athletic ability this year. They can tell them they won't play, but that scholly counts against the 85. The only way it won't is if they violate the terms of the aid agreement or leave voluntarily.

Nope, can't cut due to athletic ability this year. They can tell them they won't play, but that scholly counts against the 85. The only way it won't is if they violate the terms of the aid agreement or leave voluntarily.
Pretty sure scholarships are year to year

Pretty sure scholarships are year to year
Transfers are guaranteed through the end of eligibility, HS signees are guaranteed for 4 years at CU. Only walk-on's are given year-to-year aid agreements. The aid agreements are for a single year, but the renewal can not be contingent on athletic performance. They can be cancelled (not renewed) for violation of team rules, NCAA rules, conference rules, or failure to maintain academic progress.

hard to see how either of the incoming transfer QBs (especially the Vandy one) are upgrades over Staub — probably getting pushed out just cause he wasn’t a Prime recruit
No Way What GIF by NBA

Staub is very good QB. I've been a huge proponent of his since early on. That said, whether it's now or next offseason Staub will be on the way out. He's not going to be the guy who's ever going to QB1 here (nor will Taylor or Dean). We have a QB that will likely be sitting front row in NYC next December when the Heisman is announced. We have a HC that every player in the country legitimately considers playing for.

The next QB at CU after SS2 will be an ELITE QB.
And is not currently on the roster.

Last edited:
No Way What GIF by NBA

Staub is very good QB. I've been a huge proponent of his since early on. That said, whether it's now or next offseason Staub will be on the way out. He's not going to be the guy who's ever going to QB1 here (nor will Taylor or Dean). We have a QB that will likely be sitting front row in NYC next December when the Heisman is announced. We have a HC that every player in the country legitimately considers playing for.

The next QB at CU after SS2 will be an ELITE QB.
And is not currently on the roster.
It makes sense for Staub to leave, especially when we get Underwood, but selfishly I'd like to see him stay.

Thanks for clarifying. I reread the rule. Thought it applied to all, but only applies to players who played under previous coach.

SIX new WR coming on board today.

- Sheppard should be a starter come the NDSU game.
- Timmons and Russell are two freak athletes with big upside.
- Mikell is likely the fastest player on the team when walks on campus, he has to get some packages build for him this fall.
- Miller is one of the best prep WR in the country, most certainly he plays this fall.
- Lewis is the hidden gem of the group or what CU used to call the best player in the class.

Yak has 15 WR listed on the eligibility chart not including walk-ons that got PT last season. I wonder if last years prep class seems some attrition after the spring.

- Mikell is likely the fastest player on the team when walks on campus, he has to get some packages build for him this fall.
- Miller is one of the best prep WR in the country, most certainly he plays this fall.
- Lewis is the hidden gem of the group or what CU used to call the best player in the class.

Yak has 15 WR listed on the eligibility chart not including walk-ons that got PT last season. I wonder if last years prep class seems some attrition after the spring.
I knew Mikell was fast but didn't realize he was that fast.

As a 10th grader, captured bronze in both the 100 and 200-meter dashes as the GHSA AAAAAA state track meet. Posted 100 times that season of 10.50 (1.2), 10.59 (1.6), 10.69, 10.79 and 10.99 to go along with 22.09 and 21.69 in the 200.

SIX FIVE new WR coming on board today.

FIFM

Alright so removing Bradford, Lewis and McCrimmon, but adding Phillip Houston (who I think is a guy with 2 to play 1??), I think we are at 79 total right now with Seaton putting us at 80. Sounds like there are two more VERY high quality transfers who are likely coming but haven't announced, so we're at 81/82ish at the moment.

I will say that as it currently stands, if they lose Seaton to go with the loss of Matthew Bedford that amazing OL starting five and depth takes a pretty big hit, IMO. I like Mayers, Brown, Johnson, Benson and think Savion can be a solid starter, but I have no real faith in anyone else in the OL room right now.

I think they have to add another 2-3 OL

I remember @#1 pick saying early on last year, that Prime likes to carry a lot of receivers on the roster. Maybe not 15, but I bet we keep more then 12

Alright so removing Bradford, Lewis and McCrimmon, but adding Phillip Houston (who I think is a guy with 2 to play 1??), I think we are at 79 total right now with Seaton putting us at 80. Sounds like there are two more VERY high quality transfers who are likely coming but haven't announced, so we're at 81/82ish at the moment.

I will say that as it currently stands, if they lose Seaton to go with the loss of Matthew Bedford that amazing OL starting five and depth takes a pretty big hit, IMO. I like Mayers, Brown, Johnson, Benson and think Savion can be a solid starter, but I have no real faith in anyone else in the OL room right now.

OL starting to look like a fail while all other positions inch towards pass. OL could be ok but above average seems like a reach

I think they do that regardless of Seaton’s final decision.

OL starting to look like a fail while all other positions inch towards pass. OL could be ok but above average seems like a reach
It's hard to say. The LT position is questionable without Seaton. Getting Houston is important to the depth of that position but he's clearly not a starter at LT at this level. He's an high end backup LT which is basically what we lost with Tank.

Losing the Indy kid stinks because he was the ultimate 6th man who could play every position but C.

That said, Guard which was a massive weakness for us last year is a nice strength. There is a chance both guards are drafted next year. I am not sure center is gonna be better than last year but the scheme is different so we have to wait and see in the spring. I definitely believe we upgraded at RT. Depth and starter wise.

LT is a massive question mark till Seaton is official. Getting Houston was huge. Jatta as the backup LT would be disastrous unless Jatta makes a massive jump in 2024.

Back