What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 MBB Recruit Profile Index

See bottom of my comment on Adam’s 10/2 article, for possible ‘25 CU recruiting targets. (Drew Crawford at 1 now w/ Kossaras 1-3?)

“I agree that I Luv the direction Buffs basketball is going.

Trent Perry 2B next Buffs lead-guard to go 2NBA? Drew Crawford key to guard 1-3 in three guard lineups, like Baylor won a championship with recently.

But need Sebastian Rancik too-as likely need 4th guy w/ Ruffin’s health situation. Defensive Ace, Felix Kossaras, could move up from unlikely needed 5th spot- if if any other guys above pick elsewhere. But why pick anywhere besides amazing Colorado!?

4/5 spots: Luv Onwuchekwa’s mobility to guard in space, & his inside/out game. Hurlburt is also more natural 4/5- who could eventually guard bigger 3’s too?

3/4 spots: Diop natural 3/4, could try & exploit mismatches at 3 & 5 the first year, like Tristan did? But more likely back-up 4 & 5 - w/ his early gaining of strength already? Dak is 3/4 now, that could gain enough strength to become a 4/3 combo F?

Need Rancik as 4th mobile 3/4 forward, & a 2nd Big. Diop, Rancik & Hurlburt may make-up best passing F/Bigs in BIG-12? Onwuchekwa likely to become our Top Defensive Big?

Need True Center to replace Lampkin, & 2nd Big to join Onwuchekwa allows Diop, Rancik & Dak to get more minutes at their more natural 3 spots. But I’m All-In on 5-Out O!!!

Less depth than ‘24 class, but quality guys – who may have mutual CU interest in 2025?:

5/4’s:
Francis Chukwudebelu
Jaden Toombs
Dallas Washington

4/3’s; Mobile & athletic: Chris Nwuli & Isaiah Kalala

3/4: 6’6 Xzavion Mitchell: big/strong wing

King Grace, defensive-minded shooting-guard.”

Xavier Wilson- 6’5 guard to guard up to 3?

See bottom of my comment on Adam’s 10/2 article, for possible ‘25 CU recruiting targets. (Drew Crawford at 1 now w/ Kossaras 1-3?)

“I agree that I Luv the direction Buffs basketball is going.

Trent Perry 2B next Buffs lead-guard to go 2NBA? Drew Crawford key to guard 1-3 in three guard lineups, like Baylor won a championship with recently.

But need Sebastian Rancik too-as likely need 4th guy w/ Ruffin’s health situation. Defensive Ace, Felix Kossaras, could move up from unlikely needed 5th spot- if if any other guys above pick elsewhere. But why pick anywhere besides amazing Colorado!?

4/5 spots: Luv Onwuchekwa’s mobility to guard in space, & his inside/out game. Hurlburt is also more natural 4/5- who could eventually guard bigger 3’s too?

3/4 spots: Diop natural 3/4, could try & exploit mismatches at 3 & 5 the first year, like Tristan did? But more likely back-up 4 & 5 - w/ his early gaining of strength already? Dak is 3/4 now, that could gain enough strength to become a 4/3 combo F?

Need Rancik as 4th mobile 3/4 forward, & a 2nd Big. Diop, Rancik & Hurlburt may make-up best passing F/Bigs in BIG-12? Onwuchekwa likely to become our Top Defensive Big?

Need True Center to replace Lampkin, & 2nd Big to join Onwuchekwa allows Diop, Rancik & Dak to get more minutes at their more natural 3 spots. But I’m All-In on 5-Out O!!!

Less depth than ‘24 class, but quality guys – who may have mutual CU interest in 2025?:

5/4’s:
Francis Chukwudebelu
Jaden Toombs
Dallas Washington

4/3’s; Mobile & athletic: Chris Nwuli & Isaiah Kalala

3/4: 6’6 Xzavion Mitchell: big/strong wing

King Grace, defensive-minded shooting-guard.”

Xavier Wilson- 6’5 guard to guard up to 3?
I have trouble engaging with your posts because I am lacking context. It seems like you are steeped in the prep basketball world but most on here aren't. I really don't care about any prep recruit unless they are somehow tied to CU.
It would help if you provided context to your posts along the lines of: this guy received an offer last week and gave a star rating and other offers (or just a link to their 247 page).
From the list of names I can't tell if any of these guys are being recruited by CU or if they are guys that you like but don't have a connection to CU.
I appreciate basketball content and it seems like you have interesting information, I just don't know what to make of it.

I am making an assumption that you care to be engaged with since you're making the effort to post in the first place.

Felix Kossaras was offered by CU back in August, and is the Canadian that Adam hinted may be visiting. But CU has been after some bigs also (see below), So clearly they still want a big. I do enjoy trying to share my enthusiasm for good Tad ball fits; but people on here are too quick to criticize others views. So it’s fine to not engage my posts.

‘24: CU recruited Center’s Celeb Middleton, Pape N’diaye, Abraham Oyeadier, & some Forwards that I predicted they would pursue.

‘25: CU just recently offered A’mare Bynum & 7’ Juco Noah Boyed (junior next year?).

Felix Kossaras was offered by CU back in August, and is the Canadian that Adam hinted may be visiting. But CU has been after some bigs also (see below), So clearly they still want a big. I do enjoy trying to share my enthusiasm for good Tad ball fits; but people on here are too quick to criticize others views. So it’s fine to not engage my posts.

‘24: CU recruited Center’s Celeb Middleton, Pape N’diaye, Abraham Oyeadier, & some Forwards that I predicted they would pursue.

‘25: CU just recently offered A’mare Bynum & 7’ Juco Noah Boyed (junior next year?).
I see N;diaye committed to UNLV Oct 3. CU has offered to Kossaros and Bynum per Verbal Commits site.
Phenomhoopsreport: How has everything been going as far as recruitment in your eyes?
Caleb Middleton: Definitely hoping to pick up some more offers soon and have a lot of production this season. Right now, I’m mainly talking to Colorado, Pittsburgh, Old Dominion, and Fairfield.
Phenom: What other offers do you hold?
Middleton: Iowa, Bryant, Siena, FIU, DePaul’s old coaching staff, and Fairfield.

Nice. Where’s our PG?
There’s one uncommitted pg in the top 120. Zoom Dialo who we’ve never had a chance with.

After going full court of Trent Perry and missing, love this pick up. Kossaras has blown up, wasn’t on anyone’s radar a year ago. This is the late bloomer type that has thrived in Tads hands IE Jabari, Bey, Da Silva King.

Also a signal that KJ and Hammond might be around for next year!

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with attrition as it looks like Hadley and perhaps Lampkin are going to take their fifth year and if that happens two others on the roster have to leave to make room for the four incoming freshmen. LOB has stated this is his last season and TdS will be playing professionally somewhere.

I feel like if Lampkin even has a decent season, he's gone. I'm not putting much stock in him saying he may be back. I'll take it as a bonus if he is though.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with attrition as it looks like Hadley and perhaps Lampkin are going to take their fifth year and if that happens two others on the roster have to leave to make room for the four incoming freshmen. LOB has stated this is his last season and TdS will be playing professionally somewhere.

You have to think Hurlburt is a transfer candidate if he doesn't earn steady minutes this season.

We've signed two 4* guards in the 6'5-6'6" range. My hope would be that one could develop into a primary ball handler in the D White mold.
My eye did twitch, just a little, remembering the glut of tweener wings that we hoped could emerge in the mid 2010s.

Wanted to mention (especially for more casual bball recruiting fans) that next Wednesday is the 1st day the frosh*** class of 24/25 can formally sign on to become Buffs.
(***I have no idea of how it works with transfers, but I don't remember hearing of any transfer news during early signing days.?.)

Copied from http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/index.html, the 2 signing periods for this class are -

"
Sport (s)Initial Signing DateFinal Signing Date
Division I Basketball (Early Period)November 8, 2023November 15, 2023
Division I Basketball (Regular Period)April 17, 2024May 15, 2024
"

(Note - I usually try avoiding double posting, but with this info being obviously equally relevant to MBB and WBB, I plan on posting this in both team's 2024 general recruiting threads.)

I LUV Felix commit!

As I said before, I think Kossaras’s most elite skill may turn out to be his Potential as very long (6’8?) defensive stopper. Courtney Anderson & Felix seem in similar mold: combo guards who seem willing to buy into D & Rbding from wing - knowing that they could work into time playing on-ball at 1. But RJ Smith recruited for similar role (though he was on a much deeper team than Felix, so RJ didn’t need to score as much his senior year-like he did his junior year) & RJ already showing that he can run the point. Felix had like 39 point in game recently-so yes much later bloomer than Cali guys RJ & Courtney.

Big-12 has had some phenomenal guard play recently, with not the Same rough and tumble low post O - That I remember from Big-8 days. I keep coming back to Baylor’s championship, as evidence that Tad’s positioning system can take us all the way. As Baylor essentially started three guards, including I think it was Jared Butler that usually guarded small forwards that were much bigger than him. Feels like Courtney Anderson & Felix can play that role. In case you haven’t been watching the last 14 years- Tad goes small at least 5 minutes a half, & then the end of each half is usually the players with best matchups. He’s not going to force small-ball down anyone’s throat, but the versatility we have usually wins.

Drew Crawford said he knows he may not play much the first year here, & he loves Steve Inglehart to help him put on weight. Which is what you want to hear from all of your recruits. But he is such a good ball-handler & passer, that after KJ & Julian leave, he (Drew) & RJ do seem like the most obvious choices at 1. What Baylor also had was a rim protector big, which Tad has repeatedly said he wants. And he has recruited rim protectors recently.

The fact that CU’s first offer of ‘25 is 6’8 power forward A’mare Bynum, does not seem like CU’s after another point guard. But Juco 7’ Noah Boyed (I’m simply not gonna cut and paste evidence of Colorado‘s interest in players; you-all can believe me or not. But CU has interest in both guys) is the mobile rim protector that can still play on the perimeter-So Noah Boyed has a game that seems like a closer fit to what Tad would most want up-front with Onwuchekwa & Dak’s Inside/out games & eventually great D (hopefully). With Diop & Rancik as maybe 2 best play-making/passing bigs in Big-12?

‘Drew Crawford quotes from last year‘s 247 Sports articles:

Colorado's coaches compared Crawford's skill set to a couple former Buffs that are now in the NBA, Alec Burks and Derrick White.

"They are both big guards like me. They both like to push the pace," he said. "So they see me in that role, playing on ball and off ball, shooting, getting to the rim, being that all-around type guy for them."

….Boyle told Crawford he has the skill set they look for in a guard recruit.

"He said my defensive versatility, my rebounding, and my playmaking ability stands out to them," Crawford said. "He also said he likes my feel for the game, that my IQ is very high. That's what they really like about my game."

Big-12 has had some phenomenal guard play recently, with not the Same rough and tumble low post O - That I remember from Big-8 days. I keep coming back to Baylor’s championship, as evidence that Tad’s
positioning system can take us all the way. As Baylor essentially started three guards,

Oops, I meant Tad’s position-LESS system can take us all the way. He “Recruits players, not positions.”

You have to think Hurlburt is a transfer candidate if he doesn't earn steady minutes this season.
I would give you even money that he may very well get leapfrogged by Diop or Dak quite early. Maybe already?

Would be nice to add a PG to the class and essentially recruit an entire 5 man lineup.
I can’t see Tad adding anyone else to this class, but maybe I’m wrong. There’s already going to be attrition. Best case is that Tad gets a top notch PG next cycle to step right in for Simpson or that Simpson takes an extra Covid year. Great to have these problems as a Buff fan!

I can’t see Tad adding anyone else to this class, but maybe I’m wrong. There’s already going to be attrition. Best case is that Tad gets a top notch PG next cycle to step right in for Simpson or that Simpson takes an extra Covid year. Great to have these problems as a Buff fan!
KJ Simpson is a Junior.

I have trouble engaging with your posts because I am lacking context. It seems like you are steeped in the prep basketball world but most on here aren't. I really don't care about any prep recruit unless they are somehow tied to CU.
It would help if you provided context to your posts along the lines of: this guy received an offer last week and gave a star rating and other offers (or just a link to their 247 page).
From the list of names I can't tell if any of these guys are being recruited by CU or if they are guys that you like but don't have a connection to CU.
I appreciate basketball content and it seems like you have interesting information, I just don't know what to make of it.

I am making an assumption that you care to be engaged with since you're making the effort to post in the first place.
Mr. Preston Slaughter: I do apologize that I didn’t adequately answer your questions. I get frustrated knowing more about our recruits that every single local media member, and dealing with People on this site that have repeatedly just accused me of trolling. In Very disrespectful ways. Including, repeatedly, our hoop moderator. Where-as you, actually asked a reasonable question, in a very polite manner. Thank you for that. I wouldn’t say I’m steeped in prep world. I would say I’ve spent way too much time on Twitter in recent years. So Many of the names that I put out here early, are because they have tweeted that Mike Rohn or other CU staff showed up at their practice or called them. There’s too much content on social media to even consider posting it all here.

I did just post some links on the ‘25 mobile 7-footer. How people can continue to think that we need a point guard when we are about to sign 2 6’6 ‘24 point guards (‘Drew & Felix) is beyond me. The one thing I will say about our moderator is I agree with his wet pants fixation on point guards. Tad seems to also. But Tad actually seems to recognize when he gets a top-50 type guard, in Drew Crawford, Who is just too humble to say he knows he’s Good enough to be handed the keys to the team as our future point guard.

I find it very interesting that on Twitter that Felix Kossaras & his HS coach both say that he likes his opportunity to play early here at CU. He Really is good, by all accounts. Though I can only find a half a dozen videos on him. The coaches and recruiting analyst’s repeatedly describe him as having high major level play-making, scoring, shooting, defense and the most commonly noted traits are elite-Level rebounding and basketball IQ. He beat some NBA prospects in the three-point contest he won. He Averaged 16 points, 8 rebounds, and I think five assists on team with elite 6’10 point-forwards (Who averaging around 10 rebounds & A handful of assists & plenty of points themselves). Coaches and recruiting analyst’s repeatedly give him credit for running both teams (HS & Club). But it took him and his teammates from Canada to go-off on Adidas circuit this summer-before US recruiting sites actually started noticing him. Tad credited with already being on him by then-apparently. I’m unclear how much he played & practiced with the Canadian NBA guys that just qualified for Olympics-but he went to Spain. Maybe he was in lower ranking of international FIBA; I didn’t dig deep there.

FYI, Doryan went up like 100 spots to 50-something on rivals site somewhat recently. If and when Felix is ranked by all the sites, we could easily end up with four different four stars in 2024. I’ll say again, for maybe the third time on here, that Tad Has repeatedly said that he asks families (that have the financial means) to consider paying their kids tuition for one year-if he ever over recruits. He has at least three kids on the current team that could do that-not even including Cody Williams Having a brother in the NBA. I Simply can’t be convinced that Tad is concerned about signing for guys, when he only has two guys graduating. People in the site have said, there are good reasons to consider that any 2 of Lampkin, Hadley, Ruffin or Hurlburt may leave. I believe Todd will continue to have one of the highest retention rates in the transfer error, but still well average one unexpected transfer year. I wish it wasn’t so. But with the NCAA allowing a grad transfer to have two years paid for, if he goes to a different school that I went to undergraduate, I would be transferring as a graduate student just to get the most education that I could. I will reiterate “unexpected“ transfers-which doesn’t include Cody to the NBA after sophomore year or whenever he decides he’s developed under Tad enough.

Please try and be as kind and polite as Mr. Preston Slaughter. Because, I honestly, don’t expect to be on here very often with my previous experiences on the site. Luke

Similar to Boyles take on the 2024 recruits. Very glowing analysis. Tad& Co seem to be building the cred for being able go after top 100 guys. Need a successful season to keep it going.

Similar to Boyles take on the 2024 recruits. Very glowing analysis. Tad& Co seem to be building the cred for being able go after top 100 guys. Need a successful season to keep it going.
Basically Rohn's takes

We recruited an Alec Burks/DWhite, Mayor clone in Crawford

The best traditional big since Josh Scott- Doryan

Tristan's replacement who is slightly taller and further developed than Tristan was at the same age- Sebastian

and a team dream in a winning first, character minded shooter that a lot of teams wanted in Kossaras.

Holy S***. How can you not be amped.

Basically Rohn's takes

We recruited an Alec Burks/DWhite, Mayor clone in Crawford

The best traditional big since Josh Scott- Doryan

Tristan's replacement who is slightly taller and further developed than Tristan was at the same age- Sebastian

and a team dream in a winning first, character minded shooter that a lot of teams wanted in Kossaras.

Holy S***. How can you not be amped.
Yep, I'm amped, and with KJ, JH3 back next year Felix, Andrew will have a year to learn. And who know how Smith, Anderson will fit in. If either or both hadley, Lampkin are back, same thing for Sebastion and Doryan since Dak and Diop have a chance to be big contributors.

Back