What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NCAA tournament general games thread

Oh yea, this shooting night is bad even for them. They went scoreless for about 14 minutes of game time. But they've had a few bad losses where they didn't even get out of the 40s.
This is what happens when you play that style and have a night where you get pushed around and can't shoot.

CSU doesn't look spectacular here though. Playing at UVA's pace has something do with that. They could get a Texas team that might be overseeded Thursday, but (assuming a Tennessee win over Saint Peter's Thursday) that's probably it.

I'd still much rather be us than them.

This is what happens when you put a team in the tournament that almost no one thought belonged. I liked all 3 Big East teams that got left out better than UVA along with Oklahoma and Indiana State. Then there was another group of teams that were equivalent. Heck, Pitt should have gotten in over them from the ACC.

I don't disagree about UVA being deserving of a bid over the teams you listed. However I also don't think that a win in the tournament validates whether a team was deserving of their bid, nor do I think losing your first game is proof that you didn't deserve to get in.

I don't disagree about UVA being deserving of a bid over the teams you listed. However I also don't think that a win in the tournament validates whether a team was deserving of their bid, nor do I think losing your first game is proof that you didn't deserve to get in.
When your bid gets questioned and you come out and play as badly as Virginia did......I think its natural to go there. I mean any of these other bubble teams gives CSU a better game than the one they got tonight.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you put a team in the tournament that almost no one thought belonged. I liked all 3 Big East teams that got left out better than UVA along with Oklahoma and Indiana State. Then there was another group of teams that were equivalent. Heck, Pitt should have gotten in over them from the ACC.
“We need to expand the field.” Maybe we should try 128?

They missed 19 in a row?
They went something like 14 minutes without scoring. It was insane, and it wasn't like CSU was playing lights out defense. They were playing good, even great defense, but not that great.

There were countless pick and rolls with the roll having a wide open lane to basket, but the ball carrier never even attempted the pass - instead they'd take a low percentage shot with a guy in their face with 8-10 seconds left on the shot clock. It really was inexplicably bad.

They went something like 14 minutes without scoring. It was insane, and it wasn't like CSU was playing lights out defense. They were playing good, even great defense, but not that great.

There were countless pick and rolls with the roll having a wide open lane to basket, but the ball carrier never even attempted the pass - instead they'd take a low percentage shot with a guy in their face with 8-10 seconds left on the shot clock. It really was inexplicably bad.
This is why the reaction of CSU fans is so funny. They want more credit.....but DePaul probably beats that UVA team by 10 if they play like that.

That was the worst Tourney team I have ever seen.

I'm a Buffs guy and hate CSU, but they just DID UVA last night. Total embarrassment for UVA and the ACC. CSU played well, but UVA never got off the bus. They should have declined a bid.

I do find it funny that Pitino is still whining... His team did go on a bit of a run after that press conference where he dressed down the guys, but maybe the committee listened to his press conference, something to the effect of "I've got some guys . . . but they cannot move laterally . . . can't play defense . . . don't know how to play offense." If so, maybe he was right to diss the NIT. No reason to be embarrassed like UVA!

Obviously, UVA was still a pretty good team with some talented players and an excellent system coach. There are always some clunkers in the Dance for whatever reason. But, man, they were particularly awful on a night CSU was dialed in.

I thought this Grambling - Montana State game was over with about 13 minutes left - the bobcats seemed like they were about to run away with it.

I go do the dishes and come back to find that Grambling is ahead - damn.

Grambling isn’t even a state. Delaying our buffs by probably 15-20 minutes. Really entertaining game actually.

You know, the CSU & Grambling wins in the tournament give me some good mojo feelings about our schedule and how prepared we might be for the Dance. 🙏

I like how they said GSU was 2-10 to start the season due to a brutal OOC schedule ... which included COLORADO! :giggle:

You know, the CSU & Grambling wins in the tournament give me some good mojo feelings about our schedule and how prepared we might be for the Dance. 🙏
Good for Grambling, even though I was rooting for Montana State. Typically will pull for the Big Sky champ in the NCAA tournament regardless of who it is because I have a degree from a school in that league.

Interesting read on Florida. They get up and down, they score in bunches, and they're not good defensively.

Good for Grambling, even though I was rooting for Montana State. Typically will pull for the Big Sky champ in the NCAA tournament regardless of who it is because I have a degree from a school in that league.

Interesting read on Florida. They get up and down, they score in bunches, and they're not good defensively.
Could be a very high scoring game.

So, I have to use my Fubo login for CBS, and my MAX login (formerly HBO, worst rebranding ever) for all the TNT/TBS/TRU coverage. I'm happy I'm able to see everything, but I'm longing for the simplicity of cable and flipping between channels easily.

Alright, I'm tailing the betting strategy of RK (and plenty of others), of betting the same amount on every underdog ML. Supposedly, the last two years betting $100 on every underdog ML netted a profit of ~$2k. We'll see how it goes this year

So, I have to use my Fubo login for CBS, and my MAX login (formerly HBO, worst rebranding ever) for all the TNT/TBS/TRU coverage. I'm happy I'm able to see everything, but I'm longing for the simplicity of cable and flipping between channels easily.
This is why I switched back to cable. Especially with apps starting to jack up prices, I felt I was dealing with a lot more inconvenience without saving money and it was challenging to get everything I wanted (particularly local affiliates).

Michigan State up 10-8 early on Mississippi State. Feels like an 8-9 game six minutes in.

Go Bulldogs! **** Michigan State and **** Tom Izzo.

This is why I switched back to cable. Especially with apps starting to jack up prices, I felt I was dealing with a lot more inconvenience without saving money and it was challenging to get everything I wanted (particularly local affiliates).
I will probably be making another change once Altitude comes out with an app solution or if they ever make a deal with Comcast.

Back