What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #3 seed MEN'S bball (Las Vegas; their 1st game vs. #6 Utah/ #11 ASU winner, Thurs., 3/14, 9:30 PM MT, FS1)

Probably better to work one guy at a time into the rotation.

Ideally, I think we are 9 who play postseason minutes.

Who's out? Ruffin, Dak, or Diop? Each will likely have a (small) role to play in the coming tournaments (P12 and NIT). Assuming Hammond comes back healthy, he gives us more than Ruffin right now.

Main reason I love LOB as the 6th man is you can sub him for any of those starting 5 and still have a very functional lineup, but postseason basketball is about guard play so I'd rather emphasize the lineup with 2 guys who can run point.

I like the list but I would keep starting Luke until Cody knocks off the rust.
Ruffin has gotten a ton better while playing himself into game shape. I'd play him before Hammond.
We'll see if Hammond even comes back this year.
Even if Hammond is healthy he should be 4th off the bench at this point. Oh, and Cody's agents will make sure he's in the starting lineup...

Last edited:
Even if Hammond is healthy he should be 4th off the bench at this point. Oh, and Cody's agents will make sure he's in the starting lineup...
Tad (yes, TAD of all coaches) caring about what an agent says when it comes to his starting lineup after he's just won 6 in a row without the guy they say should be in his starting lineup and he's already floated the idea of bringing Cody off the bench.

Dude.

Tad (yes, TAD of all coaches) caring about what an agent says when it comes to his starting lineup after he's just won 6 in a row without the guy they say should be in his starting lineup and he's already floated the idea of bringing Cody off the bench.

Dude.
I should've used italics I guess?

Whatever the truth is about Cody--conscientious teammate and good CBB player with sky-high potential who's been injured or soft player whose minutes are determined by his agent--I think he'll be pressing in his first games back. For that reason alone, he should come off the bench for the first couple of games post-injury. Better for his ego not to risk having Tad yank him after 3 minutes if he tries to be Superman (and fails, it's entirely possible he could succeed as Superman.)

Whatever the truth is about Cody--conscientious teammate and good CBB player with sky-high potential who's been injured or soft player whose minutes are determined by his agent--I think he'll be pressing in his first games back. For that reason alone, he should come off the bench for the first couple of games post-injury. Better for his ego not to risk having Tad yank him after 3 minutes if he tries to be Superman (and fails, it's entirely possible he could succeed as Superman.)
He’s really not a first half Superman player. He does do that when needed in the second half.

I'm sad that he didn't roll with Chenanigans.

UBL?

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Who's out? Ruffin, Dak, or Diop? Each will likely have a (small) role to play in the coming tournaments (P12 and NIT). Assuming Hammond comes back healthy, he gives us more than Ruffin right now.
WTAF is this NIT bull****? Get that **** outta here, man.

As expected, UCLA took care of Oregon State. They'll face UA in the next round.

The Beavers, meanwhile, have released a statement that they are better off without Colorado and other teams being in the conference and have announced that Coach Tinkle has been granted a contract extension for making the 2024-25 Pac-2 Tournament Final.

As expected, UCLA took care of Oregon State. They'll face UA in the next round.

The Beavers, meanwhile, have released a statement that they are better off without Colorado and other teams being in the conference and have announced that Coach Tinkle has been granted a contract extension for making the 2024-25 Pac-2 Tournament Final.

Coach Tinkle

we are on a 6 game win streak, don't **** with the starters please Tad

something in me thinks Cody will play better off the bench regardless

I will be filling in info in the original post on the Buffs next opponent as the Utes have cruised over ASU (they're up 88-55 with about a minute left in the game).

Back