What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

I thought Kennedy showed well at Utah in extensive playing time. And really look forward to McCaskill next year, he seems fired up on social media.
Having one good game to close the season was well below expectations. I like both moving forward, but neither made an impact this season.

The main point was that the highly regarded transfers seemed to hit, outside of a few exceptions.

Doesn't need to start right now. Would sit one year behind a top 5 QB in the country in an offense that's likely designed to develop NFL style QBs. A lot of smoke around something big happening at QB. Prime and Chip are very close but will play in different conferences next year.

Am I crazy to think CU could be a landing spot for Moore?
Not entirely crazy. If they get Shurmur as OC, it depends on how compelling the pitch is.

He can say, “when I was OC, Donovan McNabb had arguably the best season of his career, as did Mark Sanchez, Nick Foles, and Drew Lock. Sam Bradford won the ROY award in a season he didn’t really ever replicate under my guidance. McNabb notwithstanding, I’ve clearly never coached talent like you. I can help get you to a top 10 draft pick if you give me two seasons”

Probably won’t work, but idk.

Most profitable for whom? The collective or the elite?

Trust me, I am not pulling this from my ass, I see these exact developments in football, which has very comparable structures to CFB. I guarantee you that the elite programs will start pushing for an end to equal revenue sharing as a first step and they'll try to go from there and bully the others into oblivion.
I've said before that we will see a new structure with the top 30-50 programs running their own show. Now I can see the number leaning lower.

It's about the money and the schools generating the biggest revenues want more rather than subsidizing the schools that aren't as serious or effective at generating revenues.

The traditional leagues will dissolve and in the process lower money schools get left out like we saw this year with OSU and WSU.

If I'm Northwestern or Vandy I'm not making any commitments based on media distributions in ten years.

I've said before that we will see a new structure with the top 30-50 programs running their own show. Now I can see the number leaning lower.

It's about the money and the schools generating the biggest revenues want more rather than subsidizing the schools that aren't as serious or effective at generating revenues.

The traditional leagues will dissolve and in the process lower money schools get left out like we saw this year with OSU and WSU.

If I'm Northwestern or Vandy I'm not making any commitments based on media distributions in ten years.
No one is going to watch college football that only encompasses 30 teams or so, except the fans of those teams.

The fans of the 30 top teams comprise the majority of TV/streaming views though
Do they? How many people watch Bama or Ohio State games because that's who is on in prime time. I'd venture to guess the majority of people watching Bama games aren't even Bama fans.

You still going to tune in for LSU-Auburn if CU isn't even in the same sub-division as them?

I know I'm not. I only have interest in watching college football in general because CU is a part of it. I'm not watching a 30 team minor league.

The fans of the 30 top teams comprise the majority of TV/streaming views though
I’ve said this before, but college football works with big ratings because everybody is involved. 68 fan bases are in conferences that can theoretically compete for the same championship. If you remove half of those fanbases the ratings will tank relative to what they do now

Not if 2/3 of them start having mediocre to bad records because they're only playing each other. I think a lot of the popularity certain programs enjoy is due to them always being so good that a 7 win season is an absolute disaster.
Someone pointed to South Carolina’s schedule next year where they play Clemson, Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Mizzou and aTm. That’s the normal schedule going forward for middling SEC programs. Those are at least 7 games they are likely going to be underdogs in and 5-7/6-6 records are going to happen more often than not.

The best programs will start having a ceiling of 10-2 most years with 8-4/9-3 the norm.

I’ve said this before, but college football works with big ratings because everybody is involved. 68 fan bases are in conferences that can theoretically compete for the same championship. If you remove half of those fanbases the ratings will tank relative to what they do now
Exactly. Why does the NCAA first round get stupid big ratings? Lots of people tuning in to see the little schools maybe knock off a big boy.

Take away that aspect, a lot of people will completely tune out.

Exactly. Why does the NCAA first round get stupid big ratings? Lots of people tuning in to see the little schools maybe knock off a big boy.

Take away that aspect, a lot of people will completely tune out.
It’s also why the hype for the tournament is greatest the first 2-3 rounds and then it’s mostly just CBB fans watching the Elite 8 on.

Someone pointed to South Carolina’s schedule next year where they play Clemson, Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Mizzou and aTm. That’s the normal schedule going forward for middling SEC programs. Those are at least 7 games they are likely going to be underdogs in and 5-7/6-6 records are going to happen more often than not.

The best programs will start having a ceiling of 10-2 most years with 8-4/9-3 the norm.
I’ve thought a lot about this. How many years of 6-6 sec play are the Oklahoma fans going to endure before they decide to move elsewhere? Blue blood programs need the other programs to beat year in and year out.

When the no sit transfer rules were being discussed a few years ago I said it was going to be terrible for the sport. Great for the players, but terrible for the majority of CFB. I also feel the same way about an unregulated NIL environment. Kids are getting ****ed over by schools, along with bad actors looking to take advantage. Every kid who thinks they can play are going to enter the portal at least twice in their careers to cash in. The blue chip players are going to cash in out of high school, once throughout their college career and then maybe again as a grad transfer, before they decide to go to the NFL.

Most coaches hate it. They hate not knowing who is going to be on their roster come January, then again in March, then again in May and then again in August. It's going to motivate the decision makers to figure something out.
The flip side is that the transfer portal created the most competitive and balanced season of CFB in recent memory.

It's like if NFL players had year to year contracts and Patrick Mahomes got to open the entire league up to bidding for his services each year.

And he gets to release an edit that says, "Forever a Chief ❤️ 🐎🏹." Even though it was after his rookie year, and he only played in one game.

EDIT: Couldn't find any racist emojis. Those were the best I could do.

You are likely correct.

But I question if there isn't a short term benefit so large that the dozen or so big boys can't pass it up for even their own long term good.

Curious who this could be alluding to. I'm expecting the following to go pro (either out of eligibility or leave early):
  • Penix
  • Nix
  • Marvin Harrison
  • Caleb Williams
  • Corum
  • Bowers
  • Maye
  • Odunze
  • Latu
Can't imagine Williams would hop in the portal, as he could pull an Eli if he doesn't like the team drafting at 1.

Maybe Jayden Daniels? Move on vs. being a 3rd round pick? Can't see McCarthy leaving UM as he's reaching legend status. Maybe Dillon Gabriel or Luther Burden as big names but not surprising I suppose.

Arch would be a shocker, but he seems like he's committed to Texas when his time comes. Perhaps Ewers returning changes that. Can't see him bolting without competing for that top spot. And he's not NIL driven.

Should be fun I guess...

Last edited:
Curious who this could be eluding to. I'm expecting the following to go pro (either out of eligibility or leave early):
  • Penix
  • Nix
  • Marvin Harrison
  • Caleb Williams
  • Corum
  • Bowers
  • Maye
  • Odunze
  • Latu
Can't imagine Williams would hop in the portal, as he could pull an Eli if he doesn't like the team drafting at 1.

Maybe Jayden Daniels? Move on vs. being a 3rd round pick? Can't see McCarthy leaving UM as he's reaching legend status. Maybe Dillon Gabriel or Luther Burden as big names but not surprising I suppose.

Arch would be a shocker, but he seems like he's committed to Texas when his time comes. Perhaps Ewers returning changes that. Can't see him bolting without competing for that top spot. And he's not NIL driven.

Should be fun I guess...
Arch was given ownership pieces of over 5 dozen UT donor oil/gas operations. He is certainly NIL driven. He just doesn’t brag about it.

Doesn't need to start right now. Would sit one year behind a top 5 QB in the country in an offense that's likely designed to develop NFL style QBs. A lot of smoke around something big happening at QB. Prime and Chip are very close but will play in different conferences next year.

Am I crazy to think CU could be a landing spot for Moore?
Certainly could be an option. I watched every UCLA game this year, and wasn't impressed. Started off solid and then just regressed and threw pick six game after game. If he sits and learns it would be worth the risk as he knows he's not starting here. He's got a long way to go.

The only pause I have on the guy is watching him in person during timeouts at the Stanford UCLA game. He was the only offensive player not in the huddle and was tossing the football back and forth with the ball boy. And not warming up his arm in case he needed to go in, but doing dumb throws like you would with a kid, behind the back passes, etc. He didn't seem engaged and I assumed he was injured given the lack of involvement or interest. Long winded way to say he didn't seem committed and was goofing off mid game. Grumpy old man take, but I look at those details 😅

Curious who this could be eluding to. I'm expecting the following to go pro (either out of eligibility or leave early):
  • Penix
  • Nix
  • Marvin Harrison
  • Caleb Williams
  • Corum
  • Bowers
  • Maye
  • Odunze
  • Latu

Should be fun I guess...
Jayden Daniels is projected as a top 10 pick lol whatchu mean 3rd round?

Last edited:
  • Penix
  • Nix
  • Marvin Harrison
  • Caleb Williams
  • Corum
  • Bowers
  • Maye
  • Odunze
  • Latu
* alluding

Back