What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

The thing is we had the shine of the "unknown, i.e. We Comin" and "all that is possible" last year. This year we have 4-8, media and opponent created doubt and ZERO NIL money. This recruiting cycle is going to be...interesting.
True. But also this year we can say “hey, we were supposed to win 3. We won 4. And 5 of our losses were one-score games. YOU (recruit/tranfer) would have been the difference in that game. If we had YOU, we win 8 or 9.”

Some of these schools that go after 5th senior hired guns are going to have a hard time recruiting HS QBs
Maybe. Air Noland is a 5* QB going to Ohio State next year. Malachi Nelson was a the #2 QB in last year's class and committed to USC.

Both Ohio State and USC are looking at bringing in established elite QBs from the transfer portal this offseason.

The further down the road we get in NIL and transfer portal strategies, the less I actually think recruiting HS QBs really matters, especially at the programs with major NIL funds. Sure, it's nice to get a guy to commit, but now days if they aren't starting their first year, or maybe their second year with no real competition, they'll hit the portal and go to the highest bidder.

The middling programs will develop guys like Cam Ward and Sam Hartman and the elite will pay them $2m to come play one season. That's the QB strategy for national championship programs going forward, IMO.

Arkansas is falling apart. Crickets from the media
A) most Arkansas fans want this, mostly his lack of leadership the past few years have cost Arkansas games, but he seems tired and unmotivated (mostly caring only about his NIL 🤔). But mostly because he’s so inaccurate with short passes that he just doesn’t fit in the Petrino offense
2) I’ve mentioned before, but the parallels between CU and Arkansas this year have been uncanny

Last edited:
I think that Arkansas folks are going to look at it with Pittman & Odom like aTm folks did with Fisher & Elko - that the guy who left and did well was the reason for the success their HC previously had.
That’s a tough one, because any success Arkansas had was in spite of the defense, which ranked dead last in the P5 last year.

Weird how that school likes players with names that closely represent “anus”
Weirder than you noticing that?
maybe CP can get an advertising gig with Qudoba - half the money to him, half to the NIL fund. Or Crocs - CP rocking black crocs, with little gold CU pins in a few of the holes. Lots of luck.

Back