What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Fauria went in the portal today. Does that free up a scholarship?
Goodbye GIF

Stonehill or UNH gonna get a mediocre one.

(Although the 1st Tweet below says he's a FB, per his roster page (linked to below) he's a 309 lb. OL.)

Yeah, he played LG. He holds the program squat record as well.

athletic article sounding the alarm on buffs recruiting as it sits today
And there's one from Deadspin with a headline of Coach Prime's first season proving how gullible some people can be.

Haters are out in force. Every program sees CU and Coach Prime as a threat, so they're all attacking to negatively recruit. Then there are a lot of people who just don't like him. Then there are a lot of people who aren't vested one way or the other but know that any strong take about CP generates clicks.

This is our reality now. Best we can do is not be influenced by these directed negative narratives and hold strong in solidarity with Coach Prime. He will hire great coaches, recruit great players, drive improvement to CU's facilities, revenues and operations, and prove the haters wrong. The haters will never go away, but they need to be fuel for us rather than something that trips us up an question the direction of CP's CU program.

And there's one from Deadspin with a headline of Coach Prime's first season proving how gullible some people can be.

Haters are out in force. Every program sees CU and Coach Prime as a threat, so they're all attacking to negatively recruit. Then there are a lot of people who just don't like him. Then there are a lot of people who aren't vested one way or the other but know that any strong take about CP generates clicks.

This is our reality now. Best we can do is not be influenced by these directed negative narratives and hold strong in solidarity with Coach Prime. He will hire great coaches, recruit great players, drive improvement to CU's facilities, revenues and operations, and prove the haters wrong. The haters will never go away, but they need to be fuel for us rather than something that trips us up an question the direction of CP's CU program.
The only way to shut the haters up is to post W's.

The only way to shut the haters up is to post W's.
To be clear, that won’t shut the haters up either. But it will make the rest of us happy!

Media (and non-media) know that Prime drives clicks. They know that extreme “takes” lead to views and engagement. So when Prime wins, that will still be true and saying that he’s not winning in the right way, or not winning by enough, or looking for the next big job will be all over the internet.

Whitlock (unwatchable) is an example of a CP hater. However, I think it is our responsibility to ask informed questions and challenge whoever is the caretaker of our beloved school, institution and program. I was in early on wanting CP at CU, in fact I think it was you Nik who told me if I wanted CP to come to CU I was going to be disappointed. The point of this is not to gloat, rather I was on board with CP but now I do have some concerns. Specifically around recruiting where elite players have come to Boulder but signed elsewhere, a low % is signing. Trying to attribute if that is related directly to the lack of NIL or do kids and their family smell something else (i.e. is there a lack of coaching knowledge from the assistants that may hinder the growth and development of the player). I think those are fair questions to ask, and our responsibility to view without being labeled a hater. I believe in CP but can also have concerns in specific areas.

As for the national media, they are trying to get clicks and are not as close to what is going on as we are on an AllBuffs board. They tend to spin it to tell a narrative that is self serving and not accurate. In 2020 I was a consultant for Disney managing their acquisition of Fox Studios and the merger of the FOX channels and Disney Channels into one location - I had an office on the FOX lot, one floor below FOX Sports. I used to see Shannon Sharpe (had a few Bronco glory days conversation with him), Whitlock and others. Whitlock was always off by himself, he used to sit outside the building on a bench isolating himself from everyone else. His recent daily takes on CP are so targeted, personal and out of line. What I wouldn't give to be back on that lot and just serve him daily on what a piece of trash he is as a human being!

Back