What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

@manhattanbuff is referring to current Oregon State running back Damien Martinez, who was all PAC 12 as a freshman and considered one of the better players on the Oregon State roster. Some thought he’d follow Jonathan Smith to Michigan State like several other players have. However, Martinez seemed to confirm via twitter that he was solid with OSU and would remain, but things can always change.

The transfer of Hankerson to OSU is somewhat odd as they already have a proven stater, assuming Martinez stays, but perhaps the depth chart is thin after that.
Martinez is way too good for the MWC. Would be a major shock if he didn’t have numerous suitors in the portal after the bowl game.

With all due respect to hokey, I believe I’m the whole house fan guy!
My bad. I think I remember Hokie advocating for reducing/removing air conditioning due to the environmental impact, and I guess I thought he was the one who suggested whole house fans as an alternative.

My bad. I think I remember Hokie advocating for reducing/removing air conditioning due to the environmental impact, and I guess I thought he was the one who suggested whole house fans as an alternative.
Nobody hates AC more than Hokie, so that's an honest mistake.

Losing 3 of their top 4 receivers (including their Mackey Finalist TE), which accounted for 19 of their 24 total receiving TDs, and their best defender. Yeah, they're going to be hurting
Seems like csu and ne fans travel better than Buff fans.
We should start now getting tickets to the game in FC, and pack the house

SIAP, but following Zimmer, David Kelly, and a Strength staff member on twitter
This would be a good add. He's a grad transfer but should be able to get a hardship waiver, as he missed the 2022 season due to injury. Good size at 6'5", 250lbs and had solid production last year with 30 catches for 243 yards and 2 TD's, all but one catch coming in the last 8 games.

This would be a good add. He's a grad transfer but should be able to get a hardship waiver, as he missed the 2022 season due to injury. Good size at 6'5", 250lbs and had solid production last year with 30 catches for 243 yards and 2 TD's, all but one catch coming in the last 8 games.
Has an A&M offer since entering

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

I find myself in a weird place with college football. On one hand, the game is dying a not so slow death, and CP threw the gasoline on the fire. On the other hand, with Prime in charge, it's just so damn fun watching it burn!
I somewhat agree!..its hard to keep track of who’s on your team from one year to the next…but its the new landscape…

Were these transfers, whose names we’ve barely heard of, on scholarship? If so, then it makes last year performance even more understandable, and, perhaps, more impressive: we played the season something like 10 scholarships short AND we had a bunch of players in that reduced amount of scholarships that none of us even recognize when they transfer out. That supports the idea we were bare bones on players who were capable of even being on the field at all.

I find myself in a weird place with college football. On one hand, the game is dying a not so slow death, and CP threw the gasoline on the fire. On the other hand, with Prime in charge, it's just so damn fun watching it burn!
What are the metrics you are using to determine the game is dying? Cause by ratings etc., it's not dying. Yes, attendance is an issue, but that's an issue for most sports, not just CFB.

I am glad the kids are getting paid. I just wish the system could be organized and rules enforced. Pure free for all capitalism is rough on the have nots, of which CU is not, but it sure isn't one of the big time haves.

However, my personal desire to go to live games and sit and watch 1 hour of football and 3 hours of commercials is dying. I can go for a bike ride with my kids then watch the whole game and skip the commercials within an hour at home. Tailgating can only keep me going for so long.

If we don't have CP, I'm pretty sure I already have given up caring about CFB. We would have been the one that got raided by other programs three years in a row.

Were these transfers, whose names we’ve barely heard of, on scholarship? If so, then it makes last year performance even more understandable, and, perhaps, more impressive: we played the season something like 10 scholarships short AND we had a bunch of players in that reduced amount of scholarships that none of us even recognize when they transfer out. That supports the idea we were bare bones on players who were capable of even being on the field at all.
They're all walk ons

What are the metrics you are using to determine the game is dying? Cause by ratings etc., it's not dying. Yes, attendance is an issue, but that's an issue for most sports, not just CFB.

I am glad the kids are getting paid. I just wish the system could be organized and rules enforced. Pure free for all capitalism is rough on the have nots, of which CU is not, but it sure isn't one of the big time haves.

However, my personal desire to go to live games and sit and watch 1 hour of football and 3 hours of commercials is dying. I can go for a bike ride with my kids then watch the whole game and skip the commercials within an hour at home. Tailgating can only keep me going for so long.
The ratings aren't falling, yet. Bowl season could be brutal this year though, with teams struggling to even field rosters. The complete gutting of any semblance of a developmental model is going to quickly take its toll on mid-tier P4 teams and I think you're going to see many fans give up sooner rather than later.

To your point, if they don't pull back on the current free for all environment and put more structure around this, they're going to lose a lot of fanbases. And agreed on going to live games. Most of my weekends are spent at my kids activities and I watch the games when I can later.

Back