What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

2142v5.jpg

Sometimes they were on a deep team and didn’t get to play. Going off potential.

The original post in this thread questioned guys coming from NMSU, Vandy and IU. If CU is recruiting backups, like the NMSU guy, from crappy football programs then CU is gosh durned forked.

The original post in this thread questioned guys coming from NMSU, Vandy and IU. If CU is recruiting backups, like the NMSU guy, from crappy football programs then CU is gosh durned forked.
He's also a redshirt freshman who is still new to the game and isn't expected to start. They can take a risk here or there when you've already landed two quality transfers ahead of him.

Situation is very fluid. Washington hasn't offered NIL yet. In fact, it seems the boosters want Fisch to focus on bringing the players who entered the portal back to Washington first. I am also hearing Washington has an insane amount of NIL remaining which is insane at this point of the year. I wouldn't get too happy if I am Arizona. Once the boosters allow the coaches to reach out to their former players with NIL packages, most of these players will leave. At the end of the day, I am told Zona is at their NIL max and their players aren't in the top 45 of NIL. So this one could take some time. Washington has time, they do split semesters.

That said, this is great that Noah and T-Mac aren't leaving them for other schools that have major NIL deals. I am told Noah and T-Mac are in the six figures range like a basketball player but Washington can offer 2 mil per. That's how big their NIL is. They paid a lot of players on last year's team handsomely and it was well worth it.

Can you imagine being Fifita? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Fifita All of 18-19YO?

You are great in HS QB but you don't have great offers out of HS since you are 5'11" 175. You say "yes" to an unknown Frisch just to be a backup for a team off a 1-11 season with loss to Northern Arizona. You join a young team with a good transfer QB to back-up. You back up, the same QB is back. Your conference implodes... the starter gets hurt, in whichever order. You jump in as a RS Frosh going 7-2 taking a team basically higher than it has ever been winning an awesome bowl game over power #12 Oklahoma (a team your team has never even played in a meaningful bowl ever) finishing ranked #11. This is a young team ranked higher than any team in your new conference (that great team you beat is leaving to the SEC, as is Texas).

You happily sit on your couch feeling well after a long season (you almost beat SC, lost to UW by a TD), but at least I'm the starter next year (the guy you played behind is now at Texas St.) and we have a good/great team that may play for a conference championship, albeit a different conference next season. Things look bright.

The coaching domino's start to fall one by one...

The coach you propped up from obscurity (he was a D- hire by many pundits) leaves you for a team which just lost the National Championship game since their coach bolted 2000 miles down south. Now you are asked to leave to presumably start for a team over 1500+ miles away with a few of your teammates in tow and a roster you have never met. Not to mention the weight of a rumored $2M NIL deal in a town that you visited once?

I'm not sure whether Fifita will stay or leave AZ, but what a reality. It will be interesting to look back in 5 years as in where are: DeBoar, Frisch or Fifita? Where are Bama, UW or Zona football? Just amazing. At this point, Kirby Smart, Harbaugh and Dabo may just bolt for the NFL just to make this the most chaotic year ever!

Last edited:
Can you imagine being Fifita? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Fifita All of 18-19YO?

You are great in HS QB but you don't have great offers out of HS since you are 5'11" 175. You say "yes" to an unknown Frisch just to be a backup for a team off a 1-11 season with loss to Northern Arizona. You join a young team with a good transfer QB to back-up. You back up, the same QB is back. Your conference implodes... the starter gets hurt, in whichever order. You jump in as a RS Frosh going 7-2 taking a team basically higher than it has ever been winning an awesome bowl game over power #12 Oklahoma (a team your team has never even played in a meaningful bowl ever) finishing ranked #11. This is a young team ranked higher than any team in your new conference (that great team you beat is leaving to the SEC, as is Texas).

You happily sit on your couch feeling well after a long season (you almost beat SC, lost to UW by a TD), but at least I'm the starter next year (the guy you played behind is now at Texas St.) and we have a good/great team that may play for a conference championship, albeit a different conference next season. Things look bright.

The coach you propped up from obscurity (he was a D- hire by many pundits) leaves you for a team which just lost the National Championship game since their coach bolted 2000 miles down south. Now you are asked to leave to presumably start for a team over 1500+ miles away with a few of your teammates in tow and a roster you have never met. Not to mention the weight of a rumored $2M NIL deal in a town that you visited once?

I'm not sure whether Fifita will stay or leave AZ, but what a reality. It will be interesting to look back in 5 years as in where are: DeBoar, Frisch or Fifita? Where are Bama, UW or Zona football? Just amazing. At this point, Kirby Smart, Harbaugh and Dabo may just bolt for the NFL just to make this the most chaotic year ever!
I don't think the worry should be the big 2. It's the others who are getting 100k as starters. 600-900k is significant and that's what Washington can offer. These kids getting more money to play than they would get in the NFL. Year 1.

AZ AD is doing the dance the right way to keep Fifita. Not sure it will work long term but UofA is doing everything they can to throw Fisch under the bus and hold on to the roster.

Reactions: GRM
NM State was deep?
Nah. But the best comparison I can make is that Kill built the roster very similarly to how Enfield did in hoops for his FGCU teams. Lots of mercenaries who belonged on a higher tier program's roster. The most telling thing is that they played a lot of games (extra from playing Hawaii away + conference championship game) and they got better instead of falling off. To do that, there was depth. Also, they dominated Auburn in the trenches and you don't beat them that way if the frontline talent isn't really good.

Back