What's new

'21 TX QB Jalen Kitna (Verbal to Boston College)

Da Lama

You'd think the son of a former NFL QB would have better ball positioning in his drops. Sweet lord, every throw is coming from the hip. If I'm a DC I'm telling my guys aim for the waist every time you get near him. You'll likely get the sack and the ball.

The Ogre

Club Member
Club Member
You'd think the son of a former NFL QB would have better ball positioning in his drops. Sweet lord, every throw is coming from the hip. If I'm a DC I'm telling my guys aim for the waist every time you get near him. You'll likely get the sack and the ball.
Sure, but he’s a sophomore in high school.

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
Sure, but he’s a sophomore in high school.
Which, again, for a son of a NFL QB, is unfathomable that his base fundamentals were ever allowed to stray.

Edit: after watching the tape, I don't see the issue. His release is fine, and quite quick. Perhaps not textbook, but certainly not waist level.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Which, again, for a son of a NFL QB, is unfathomable that his base fundamentals were ever allowed to stray.

Edit: after watching the tape, I don't see the issue. His release is fine, and quite quick. Perhaps not textbook, but certainly not waist level.
Not a lot to go by but this tape makes it look like Kitna Sr had a tendency to drop the ball down close to the belt level on many plays so it wouldn't be a surprise if he son does something similar.

At the same time he has spent much of the time since he retired coaching so you would think he could see a problem with fundamentals in his son and coach them out.

Da Lama

Not a lot to go by but this tape makes it look like Kitna Sr had a tendency to drop the ball down close to the belt level on many plays so it wouldn't be a surprise if he son does something similar.

At the same time he has spent much of the time since he retired coaching so you would think he could see a problem with fundamentals in his son and coach them out.

Right?! That's my point. Kid has a good arm and good size, but his mechanics are meh. I fear for Dak's progression in Dallas if Kitna is his QB Coach.

JOEinDenver

National Championship or Bust
Club Member
He looks a lot better as a Sophomore than that kid from Palmer(Class of 19) looked in his sophomore year?