What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Allen was a TCU commit and went on the open market after Patterson was fired. Very much in the mold of the typical quick-cutting TCU back with homerun capability. Was pushing to be the co-#1 RB last year before breaking his collarbone in game 4 against Oklahoma (missed the rest of the season and redshirted). Legit P5 starter.

LSU mod thinks Rb room too crowded and would be a tough sell cause he has 4 years eligibility still

I don’t have a way to check recentness of these but he follows Flea, hart, david Kelly, Coach prime, Shedeur ..etc

Sanford looking for attention.
Isn’t he getting paid for the ‘23 season because of his contract? Still looking for a position or maybe just taking a year off between jobs and then will jump back in somewhere?

Either way, he sure did care a lot about all of the players he got to coach here after KD was gone. We got the best of the best hiring Coach Prime. Have to say that Sanford seems like a pretty good guy.

Isn’t he getting paid for the ‘23 season because of his contract? Still looking for a position or maybe just taking a year off between jobs and then will jump back in somewhere?

Either way, he sure did care a lot about all of the players he got to coach here after KD was gone. We got the best of the best hiring Coach Prime. Have to say that Sanford seems like a pretty good guy.
I never said he wasn't a good guy. I still think he's looking for attention. Coaches don't need him to tweet that out for them to figure out who coached them. I think he's seen all the attention that this is getting and decided to throw his hat in. jmo

I never said he wasn't a good guy. I still think he's looking for attention. Coaches don't need him to tweet that out for them to figure out who coached them. I think he's seen all the attention that this is getting and decided to throw his hat in. jmo
And nothing wrong with that.

I hope Sanford gets the right opportunity.

giphy.gif

sanford was fine for the situation. he knew the players. they had been beaten down by losing. he tried to bring them up and get them to play together. it isn't the players' fault that they were generally totally overmatched against p5 opponents. he took a horrible thing and tried to make it ok for the guys that were in it.

if he wants to get a little attention off the exodus and maybe get a job or something, i am good with it. i wish he hadn't used the word "honest" because it seems to connote that he feels the current staff doesn't have a good grasp of the quality of the players. i do not like that and it is a bad look for him.

yes, i understand the staff didn't give a "chance" to some of the exiting dudes. sorry but some undersized slow dude trying to compete against elite ahtletes 1:1 doesn't require a whole lot of thought. the tape speaks for itself.

it kinda reminds me of the HAWK. he is fine at a lower level, doing his thing, but talent evaluation, acquisition, development, and retention are the whole game at this level. thinking happy thoughts aren't enough.

@TDforTD pointed out in another thread that both of yesterday's commitment announcements (Cooper and Dawson) went to the same high school (LeHigh) in Florida, and were coached by James Chaney (ex H.S. teammate of Prime) and now the CU Director of Player Development. link

Mostly, this suggests to me that yesterday's announcements were orchestrated to go off on the same day and perhaps we see 2/day now?

@TDforTD pointed out in another thread that both of yesterday's commitment announcements (Cooper and Dawson) went to the same high school (LeHigh) in Florida, and were coached by James Chaney (ex H.S. teammate of Prime) and now the CU Director of Player Development. link

Mostly, this suggests to me that yesterday's announcements were orchestrated to go off on the same day and perhaps we see 2/day now?
Seems similar to the playbook they used around the New Year. 1-2/day and drawn out so every gets attention.

Excited to see who announces today. Boutta have no internet in Costa Rica thru Sunday so I think the team will look way different by then.

Back