What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

This portal situation could be made less volatile by re-instituting a hard fast rule of requiring transfers to sit out one year after a transfer. I think this might actually happen after enough blue blood programs lose players to the portal. If a few of the top 5 coaches weighed in on this it could happen. They will eventually get exhausted spending more and more staff time on player retention. This would probably have the effect of rationalizing NIL a little bit too.

This portal situation could be made less volatile by re-instituting a hard fast rule of requiring transfers to sit out one year after a transfer. I think this might actually happen after enough blue blood programs lose players to the portal. If a few of the top 5 coaches weighed in on this it could happen. They will eventually get exhausted spending more and more staff time on player retention. This would probably have the effect of rationalizing NIL a little bit too.
Are they going to make coaches that leave before their contracts run out sit out a year too?

Just give them all two-year or three-year contracts, with an option to extend. If they want to leave early, the current school, player and future school can negotiate a buyout. Just like euro soccer. Additional revenue stream for smaller schools. Officially the end of amateurism.

Do you think coaches being able to demand fully guaranteed contracts from public institutions is right? Do you think public institutions owing coaches massive amounts of money if the coach fails at his job, but the coach can leave with relatively little reparations for the school is right? This is kind of the crux of the argument. I don't know why we are OK with coaches doing all of this, but not the players.

Also, I'm going to say this again because you keep glossing over it, but I believe there needs to be rules in place to govern the concepts of freedom of movement and players getting paid. I believe players should be able to choose their school and capitalize on their NIL, but I am not in favor of free, unrestricted transfers and the blue bloods paying for play. I think it's bad for the sport and bad for the vast majority of the fans of CFB.

I've said my piece. You really can't handle somebody disagreeing with you.

Just give them all two-year or three-year contracts, with an option to extend. If they want to leave early, the current school, player and future school can negotiate a buyout. Just like euro soccer. Additional revenue stream for smaller schools. Officially the end of amateurism.
I think that is exactly what should happen.
A scholarship is a contract in my opinion, just like a Student Loan agreement is
2-year contract with a 3rd-year option
Graduated Transfer Fee agreement for moving to another school based on a standard value chart. Transfer fees are a very fair way for all parties to move forward without issue. Player moves to greener pastures, school that invested in that player gets resources to help improve, and everyone gets better.
I am pretty convinced that the TV deals are where the players must consider putting their efforts
NIL over a certain dollar amount is Bribery, Collusion, and Pay for Play

Happy College Sports GIF by Huskers

To grow up in Lincoln is bad enough, and then having to endure 4 years of this....
Is it actually corn they are cheering, right? Just need to check myself here. The fruit, right? They are cheering a seed - a bunch of seeds ?

With the huge day tomorrow and I have lost interest in the past, what is the best recruiting site to follow to keep up on all the action.

Back