What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

If Coach Prime brings Shedeur, and it is hard to imagine he would not, the QB room will clear out. That is not entirely a bad thing, but depth will be paper thin, and if Shedeur got hurt, it would be bad.

Normally, I would be screaming bloody murder about another HC-QB-Dad-Son combo, but Prime is too good to pass up to let the issues that scenario raises be much of a concern. Shedeur isn't Corky, he looks like the real deal, and CU QB room is well, not that great.
We had a bad experience with Cody and Dan so hesitancy is understandable.

Coach Prime though isn't wired like Dan Hawkins, he is so competitive that winning goes ahead of promoting his own kid.

Significant that when he announced his son would be coming he introduced him as "Your quarterback" then immediately stated that he would have to earn it.

Prime strikes me as the kind of dad who instead of favoring his sons holds them to a higher standard. His son will have to win the job. He will do it, not because he is the coaches son but because he is a better QB that we have had walk through the locker room doors in a long time.

Crush Flirting GIF

Been said before, but I might as well repeat it: this entire roster, save for a few guys, needs to be completely turned over. The guys we have as starters need to be backups, and the guys who are backups need to go elsewhere. We have a small window to turn the roster over.

Been said before, but I might as well repeat it: this entire roster, save for a few guys, needs to be completely turned over. The guys we have as starters need to be backups, and the guys who are backups need to go elsewhere. We have a small window to turn the roster over.
Unrelated...]We've all been through hell with this team...How you feelin right now?

Unrelated...]We've all been through hell with this team...How you feelin right now?
I’m still in shock. I really didn’t think this would happen. My genuine thought was that he was using CU as a way to shine a brighter spotlight on HBCU programs and would milk the hype and eventually stay at JSU. I thought the best we could realistically hope for was a Herman/Mendenhall type. I would have been happy with either of those guys, so I’m still trying to process what just happened.

so what is the o/u for how many transfers come to CU in this period?

USC holds the record with 23 last year

Reckon we'll go 25-30 transfers plus add in 15-20 freshman newbies, that's like half the entire roster in the space of a month
I think 22 would completely turn the roster over, so that’s what I’m hoping for. New starters at every position.

Back