What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Maybe good pick ups... ODU and North Texas not moving the needle like portal players from Georgia and Alabama. We'll see how this all shakes out.
Most importantly there is game film on him playing against Virginia, Va Tech, Wake Forest, App State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty etc.
That's pretty valuable for a coach doing his homework.

One RB we have not heard from at all is Venn. He was higher rated coming in last year than Hankerson.
Is he healthy this spring?

Is 28% body fat considered good for an OL? Must be otherwise why post that, but seems high even for a lineman. I’ve never seen BF% posted for a recruit/transfer before.
I was curious so did some googling of the body fat percentage of the male Olympic power lifters in the heaviest weight classes. They come in around 20-25% BF, it seems. So I'd guess that would be similar to what you'd want to see from an OL.

I was curious so did some googling of the body fat percentage of the male Olympic power lifters in the heaviest weight classes. They come in around 20-25% BF, it seems. So I'd guess that would be similar to what you'd want to see from an OL.
Would it? Those guys are incredibly strong, but they don’t really have to move, run, or wear a bunch of gear outside in the heat. I would think being a football player requires more overall athleticism than power lifting.

Before seeing this, I would have thought ideal OL body fat percentage would be in the 15-20 range with some freak athletes lower than that.

As to the kid's film, great film and looks like he is very athletic (I'm far from knowledgeable on OL film however). But I didn't see them pulling and trapping, moving horizontally, which I have read is a big thing in this offense. Doesn't mean he can't do it, but that film doesn't show it because WY seems not to pull their guards?

This study seems to show that the mean for Offensive Linemen in the NFL is about 29% and CFB about 31%.
Having recently been made aware of body fat standards for Offensive Lineman, I have decided to declare for the 2023 NFL Draft. I will not be conducting interviews. Please respect my decision. #BuffForLife.

Having recently been made aware of body fat standards for Offensive Lineman, I have decided to declare for the 2023 NFL Draft. I will not be conducting interviews. Please respect my decision. #BuffForLife.
No! We need you for one more season. Plus, I just don't think you are ready. One more year of posting on allbuffs and hitting the snacking table heavy and you'll be much more prepared!

He was an Arkansas commit right up to signing day. Hog 247 story from back then says his decommit was due to an off the field situation. He had offers from Alabama and a dozen+ other P5 programs.

Michigan 247 had him rated #4 recruit that U of M was after that class.

As to the kid's film, great film and looks like he is very athletic (I'm far from knowledgeable on OL film however). But I didn't see them pulling and trapping, moving horizontally, which I have read is a big thing in this offense. Doesn't mean he can't do it, but that film doesn't show it because WY seems not to pull their guards?
HUGELY different offensive schemes. He could make the transition I'm sure, but I think there are probably equally good options that fit more what Lewis is looking for.

Back