What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 CA OLB Sterling Lane (Signed to Arizona)

Yes. I’m not implying that they cheat. But they are definitely doing something that we aren’t. And it pisses me off. No way should Arizona out recruit Colorado. And I know I’m viewing it through B&G colored glasses. But my wife went to UA and her family lives in Tucson and I’ve been there a lot and I live down the road from Boulder and…..well, no way should UA out recruit Colorado.
I’ve driven through both Tucson and Boulder…Tucson was in the summer of 1992, and I was 12 at the time…and Boulder was in the summer of 2018. Even with the amount of time and age difference at play, I think 12 year old me would have enjoyed Boulder in ‘92 than I see myself at 38 enjoying Tucson in ‘18.

Strange things are a foot at the Circle K in Tucson…

cool, so we have a couple of old dudes (socioeconomic background unknown) who prefer Boulder over Tucson
Take away the carne seca, and Tucson blows. It's hot, dusty, and full of drug addicts. I never understood why many who live there feel it's special. My wife is from there, and after years of living in other places, and me pointing out things that suck about Tucson every time we visit there, she's finally starting to recognize Tucson for what it is - a dump.

Tucson has some cool elements about it but I’m not seeing how that football program attracts anyone.

Tucson is the epitome of urban sprawl without any useful urban.
It’s all about the interaction between the folks north of the Rillito and south of the Rillito. With the school thrown in as a big wildcard, a lump. The pace of the town is really attractive after experiencing the hellhole that the Colorado front range has become. Just IMHO…..

Lived in Tucson for six years - some good and some bad for sure. Honestly, city planners and leadership missed the boat in the 80’s and didn’t invest in infrastructure and creating a business friendly environment. Poverty is real and common place due to limited employment opportunities. Pretty dirty town. Overall the people were good - it feels like a small town and big city at the same time. In Tucson you could walk into any restaurant, fancy or a dive, dressed however you want (formal or scrubs), and no one would bat an eye. Very progressive and inclusive overall.

Oh yeah, and Boulder >>>>>>>> Tucson.

Lived in Tucson for six years - some good and some bad for sure. Honestly, city planners and leadership missed the boat in the 80’s and didn’t invest in infrastructure and creating a business friendly environment. Poverty is real and common place due to limited employment opportunities. Pretty dirty town. Overall the people were good - it feels like a small town and big city at the same time. In Tucson you could walk into any restaurant, fancy or a dive, dressed however you want (formal or scrubs), and no one would bat an eye. Very progressive and inclusive overall.

Oh yeah, and Boulder >>>>>>>> Tucson.
Nailed it.

Tucson isn’t really “modernized” for economic growth because a lot of the lifers cling to the idea of The Old Pueblo. Some good and some bad have come from that. When we visit there we always notice the lack of traffic.

Scenery over the top….Friendly people.

I’ve driven through both Tucson and Boulder…Tucson was in the summer of 1992, and I was 12 at the time…and Boulder was in the summer of 2018. Even with the amount of time and age difference at play, I think 12 year old me would have enjoyed Boulder in ‘92 than I see myself at 38 enjoying Tucson in ‘18.

Strange things are a foot at the Circle K in Tucson…
You need to elaborate on that. What was strange at Circle K?

Tucson is the epitome of urban sprawl without any useful urban.
This is a very good descriptor. We drive once or twice a year in the family truckster from SoCal to Tucson with our kids under 10 who hate the drive. Just when you think you are there, you exit off the freeway and it’s another 45 minutes to grandma’s house. The lack of traffic does you no good when the speed limit is 25 mph on every major thoroughfare through the city. And grandma doesn’t live in the boonies. It’s like central-ish urban sprawl Tucson, and it’s 45 minutes from the freeway (or any street where the speed limit is greater than 25 mph).

When we are there, we regularly drive 30 minutes to go out to eat.

Tucson sucks.

This is a very good descriptor. We drive once or twice a year in the family truckster from SoCal to Tucson with our kids under 10 who hate the drive. Just when you think you are there, you exit off the freeway and it’s another 45 minutes to grandma’s house. The lack of traffic does you no good when the speed limit is 25 mph on every major thoroughfare through the city. And grandma doesn’t live in the boonies. It’s like central-ish urban sprawl Tucson, and it’s 45 minutes from the freeway (or any street where the speed limit is greater than 25 mph).

When we are there, we regularly drive 30 minutes to go out to eat.

Tucson sucks.
The only place I've ever enjoyed myself in Arizona was Flagstaff. Other people can have Tucson, Phoenix, and Tempe.

Back