Rivals
hudl

Valor Christian HS (Littleton, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/G28football
Instagram:

Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 160
40:

247s rating: 4* - 91 grade; #2 RB (#22 overall)
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: unrated WR

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, CSU, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, ****braska, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Utah

Last edited:

Gary Indiana

Club Member
Club Member
Here's a crazy idea...offer this ****ing kid! We haven't had a lot of luck pulling Valor kids in the past, but we have two and a half years to build a relationship with this kid. Lets go.

Da Lama

Here's a crazy idea...offer this ****ing kid! We haven't had a lot of luck pulling Valor kids in the past, but we have two and a half years to build a relationship with this kid. Lets go.
Agreed. Should have been one of the first 2-3 offers given after signing day. The kid was/is about 10x better than Josiah Davis. There's a reason why Davis had his carries diminished last season and it wasn't injuries.

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
Unless this kid has already reached his physical peak, he’s going to be an absolute stud over the next three years. McCaffrey type of impact player for Valor and wouldn’t be surprised to see his recruiting be on par with Christians.

Medford M.

Agreed. Should have been one of the first 2-3 offers given after signing day. The kid was/is about 10x better than Josiah Davis. There's a reason why Davis had his carries diminished last season and it wasn't injuries.
I'd pump the breaks there. Sawchuk has elite speed, and generally, he can use that to beat guys at the HS level. He's not gonna be able to break runs off to the outside when holes aren't there in college. If he plays college ball and not track.

Duff Man

Club Member
Junta Member
If he progresses quickly in track, he will have a tough decision to make in a couple years.

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
Fair enough. If he ends up being a guy viewed as highly as I think he will be by his senior year, I think football will be a no brainer

Da Lama

I'd pump the breaks there. Sawchuk has elite speed, and generally, he can use that to beat guys at the HS level. He's not gonna be able to break runs off to the outside when holes aren't there in college. If he plays college ball and not track.
Not tracking here.
He has elite speed. He's only a freshman. He's only going to get bigger and faster. Why wouldn't he be able to break off runs to the outside in college? It's almost like you're saying he's not going to grow and progress, but everyone else he's likely to face will. The kid was as good a back as a freshman as the the kid we just signed from the same school. I stand firm that he should've been top 3 on speed dial the day after signing day.

Medford M.

Not tracking here.
He has elite speed. He's only a freshman. He's only going to get bigger and faster. Why wouldn't he be able to break off runs to the outside in college? It's almost like you're saying he's not going to grow and progress, but everyone else he's likely to face will. The kid was as good a back as a freshman as the the kid we just signed from the same school. I stand firm that he should've been top 3 on speed dial the day after signing day.
It doesn't matter how fast you are in college, if you try to take everything outside, outside of the plays design, you're going to lose more yards than you gain. I reserve all judgement on Sawchuk's potential until I see him cut in the hole and in space.

Da Lama

It doesn't matter how fast you are in college, if you try to take everything outside, outside of the plays design, you're going to lose more yards than you gain. I reserve all judgement on Sawchuk's potential until I see him cut in the hole and in space.
So you WOULDN'T offer him now?

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
He's also doing that as a 14 year old, freshman in high school, against mostly juniors and seniors in the 5A classification. IF he continues to progress as a player and develop physically, there's no reason to think he won't be a blue chip, national RB recruit in 2021.

Bill Cody

Club Member
Club Member
From what I've heard, I don't think your concern is much of a concern. I had a conversation with one of his coaches (a former Buff), and he told me that the most impressive thing about this kid is how hard and fearless the kid runs for being a 160 lb freshman. He'll physically mature and be able to handle the inside runs as he gets older. This kid is special and has everything you want in a RB from everything I have been told.

Denver_sc

Club Member
Club Member
Yeah, just look at this other player who breaks everything to the outside in his HS highlights:

You don't have to be contrary just to have a take. Sawchuck is one of the best prep RB recruits out of CO in years. There's a reason he has the offer list that he does as a '22 recruit.