What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 TX QB Owen McCown (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Was being sarcastic because bigbang will always bigbang
The Daily Show Idk GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

I can't believe that his Dad is still trying to hold on in the NFL as he's almost 42, but then..... Brady. Jeez

I am not a QB whisperer or QB coach, but it seems that he holds the ball near his navel until he prepares to throw. It seems like a long process to move it up then throw. I'm sure his father's instruction is better than my interpretation but don't most QB's hold the ball near their shoulder before they throw? Kind of like being in the triple threat position in basketball, already prepared to shoot the second you have the ball.

Last edited:
I am not a QB whisperer or QB coach, but it seems that he holds the ball near his navel until he prepares to throw. It seems like a long process to move it up then throw. I'm sure his father's instruction is better than my interpretation but don't most QB's hold the ball near their shoulder before they throw? Kind of like being in the triple threat position in basketball, already prepared to shoot the second you have the ball.
Yeah, that's not great. He does have a pretty quick release despite it, but DCs will preach strip sack in game film til they're blue in face leading up to any games against us. Also this is one throw with a receiver running from the top of the route, so who knows?

Bad comparison but look at Aaron Rodgers motion from college to the NFL. Do what's comfortable is my point. Not everyone has his type of arm though. I just know he used to hold the ball high, till he found out he didn't need to.

Bad comparison but look at Aaron Rodgers motion from college to the NFL. Do what's comfortable is my point. Not everyone has his type of arm though. I just know he used to hold the ball high, till he found out he didn't need to.
I studied and read numerous Aaron Roger's videos and break downs of his mechanics after reading your comment. He actually holds the ball at his chest level for most of his throws. However, he releases the ball from numerous angles, including sidearm from his waist when dumping to a rb.
The video clip I was referring to, was also a dump off to a player coming across, so it may be the same release scenario that Roger's uses. In which case, the comparison you referenced was spot on.

Rodgers came from that Tedford school of holding the ball unnaturally high with the elbow cocked for quick release. Totally different. Rodgers doesn't wind up, he just looks unorthodox at times because he makes throws from angles like a shortstop.

Rodgers came from that Tedford school of holding the ball unnaturally high with the elbow cocked for quick release. Totally different. Rodgers doesn't wind up, he just looks unorthodox at times because he makes throws from angles like a shortstop.
Yep, and he can afford to, most cant.

Back