What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 AZ SF Cody Williams (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Something that made me a bit nervous was that yesterday I spent time with a big Kentucky booster. He was frustrated that UK only probably has the 3rd best bb practice facility in the SEC now behind Arkansas and LSU. I have no doubt that the LSU trip impressed and HC McMahon had developed his relationship with Williams when he was trying to recruit him to Murray State, so there's a relationship. This isn't just LSU sweeping in to buy a player.

Something that made me a bit nervous was that yesterday I spent time with a big Kentucky booster. He was frustrated that UK only probably has the 3rd best bb practice facility in the SEC now behind Arkansas and LSU. I have no doubt that the LSU trip impressed and HC McMahon had developed his relationship with Williams when he was trying to recruit him to Murray State, so there's a relationship. This isn't just LSU sweeping in to buy a player.

Damn it Nik, stop crushing Darth's hope.

LSU is legit right now. And considering they literally had to start from scratch this off-season, there's ample opportunity for someone to step in and be the star. Honestly, if I had to guess, he's going LSU but the fact we're in this is huge.

That 2023-2024 class would be a preseason Top-25 team:

PG - Simpson JR / Hammond JR / Anderson FR
SG - Hadley SR / Smith SO / Ruffin SO
SF - Clifford SR / Allen SO
PF - Da Silva SR / Williams FR / O'Brien SR
C - Lovering JR / Hurlburt SO

But would really hope Williams is a two-year player so he comes to the Maui Invitational in '24.

That 2023-2024 class would be a preseason Top-25 team:

PG - Simpson JR / Hammond JR / Anderson FR
SG - Hadley SR / Smith SO / Ruffin SO
SF - Clifford SR / Allen SO
PF - Da Silva SR / Williams FR / O'Brien SR
C - Lovering JR / Hurlburt SO

But would really hope Williams is a two-year player so he comes to the Maui Invitational in '24.
Better be way better than just top 25.

How is CU's bball practice facility or do we even have one?

Either:

1. This is BS.
2. BB NIL is nothing like Football NIL and BB offers >>>> ROI
3. There's a dark horse donor funding CU BB NIL

Yeah, there's no way I'm entertaining that this happens for one second.

However, when I entertain this future, it gets very exciting. That 2023 team has potential to do something nuts.

Junior KJ
Senior Clifford
Senior Da Silva
Freshman Williams
Sophomore Allen
Soph/Jr Lovering
Hammond, Ruffin, Hurlburt, senior LOB

Add in potential freshmen Courtney Anderson and someone like Baye Ndongo, hngggggggg

Either:

1. This is BS.
2. BB NIL is nothing like Football NIL and BB offers >>>> ROI
3. There's a dark horse donor funding CU BB NIL

This one is a bit of an unusual one though too, and you have to take that into account. For the NIL aspect, I have no doubt that even if LSU is being super clean right now because of the mess they just went through, they still are able to offer more NIL money than us. That's pretty much a given. But, this kid's older brother was just a lottery pick in the draft so money isn't an IMMEDIATE concern for them. This is one of those situations where he can take into account the programs abilities to put guys into the league and develop them. That is one advantage that Tad has going for him.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't think we land him. I don't know if that's emotional hedging or just logic, but that's where I'm at right now. But this kid is a bit of a unicorn in a few regards that are giving us a better chance than we would normally have.

This one is a bit of an unusual one though too, and you have to take that into account. For the NIL aspect, I have no doubt that even if LSU is being super clean right now because of the mess they just went through, they still are able to offer more NIL money than us. That's pretty much a given. But, this kid's older brother was just a lottery pick in the draft so money isn't an IMMEDIATE concern for them. This is one of those situations where he can take into account the programs abilities to put guys into the league and develop them. That is one advantage that Tad has going for him.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't think we land him. I don't know if that's emotional hedging or just logic, but that's where I'm at right now. But this kid is a bit of a unicorn in a few regards that are giving us a better chance than we would normally have.
I texted my brother, a KU grad, that some were reporting Tad had a good shot at the #23 overall. I didn't name the recruit. My brother immediately responded, "Don't get your hopes up. I hear Williams is going to LSU." Thought it was interesting he knew who I was talking about since KU isn't in the mix for Williams.

I texted my brother, a KU grad, that some were reporting Tad had a good shot at the #23 overall. I didn't name the recruit. My brother immediately responded, "Don't get your hopes up. I hear Williams is going to LSU." Thought it was interesting he knew who I was talking about since KU isn't in the mix for Williams.
From the LSU's "Adam" FWIW

1666881624148.png

Back