What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 CO QB Brayden Dorman (Signed to Arizona)

I'm not convinced the recruiting is Fisch and not the activation of the UA basketball booster network for football - particularly as it relates to NIL.
Does it matter? They're kicking our ass in recruiting will likely will on the field in '22 as well.

Another in a line of highly rated in state QB’s. They always go on to stardom.
Trying to think of which highly rated Colorado QBs have actually gone on the even be decent much less stars.

Cyler Miles had one solid year at Washington before retiring due to a hip injury.

Collin Klein had a very solid career at K State but he wasn't highly rated coming out of HS, started his college career at WR.

Lots of Colorado QBs have left us wishing they had signed in Boulder, very few of them ever performed at a level to make us regret them leaving.

Trying to think of which highly rated Colorado QBs have actually gone on the even be decent much less stars.

Cyler Miles had one solid year at Washington before retiring due to a hip injury.

Collin Klein had a very solid career at K State but he wasn't highly rated coming out of HS, started his college career at WR.

Lots of Colorado QBs have left us wishing they had signed in Boulder, very few of them ever performed at a level to make us regret them leaving.
Did a little research and it's a toss up as to whether Colorado HS QBs are vastly overrated, cursed or just aren't very good. Look at this list of rated QBs since 2000. Fvcking Yikes.
Ochs
Holland
Lovett
Tharp
Robinson, Z
Stucker
Brewster
Kubiak
Klein
Elway
Hinder
Miller, J
Berglund
Miles
Apodaca
Del Rio
Rubley
Hill
Lynch
McCaffrey, D
Stemstrom
Evans
Atkinson
Marsh
McAllister

Did a little research and it's a toss up as to whether Colorado HS QBs are vastly overrated, cursed or just aren't very good. Look at this list of rated QBs since 2000. Fvcking Yikes.
Ochs
Holland
Lovett
Tharp
Robinson, Z
Stucker
Brewster
Kubiak
Klein
Elway
Hinder
Miller, J
Berglund
Miles
Apodaca
Del Rio
Rubley
Hill
Lynch
McCaffrey, D
Stemstrom
Evans
Atkinson
Marsh
McAllister
Yes, no, and yes.

Yeah- Arizona went 1-11 and is kicking CU's ass up and down the western half of the US on the recruiting trail.

You can dither about certain recruits, but as we have discussed to the point of exhaustion on this board: stars matter, and Fisch has signed recruits rated much more highly than Dorell has since he took over in Tucson.
That’s great and CU stinks so anyone looks good in comparison, but I’m not ready to be clamoring for Jeff Fisch as my HC just yet.

Bill Musgrave and, hey! Don’t forget Barry Helton!

Ochs
Holland
Lovett
Tharp
Robinson, Z
Stucker
Brewster
Kubiak
Klein
Elway
Hinder
Miller, J
Berglund
Miles
Apodaca
Del Rio
Rubley
Hill
Lynch
McCaffrey, D
Stemstrom
Evans
Atkinson
Marsh
McAllister
Such a good post!

Ochs
Holland
Lovett
Tharp
Robinson, Z
Stucker
Brewster
Kubiak
Klein
Elway
Hinder
Miller, J
Berglund
Miles
Apodaca
Del Rio
Rubley
Hill
Lynch
McCaffrey, D
Stemstrom
Evans
Atkinson
Marsh
McAllister
Russell Lovett sighting!

Not because he landed this recruit I hope.

I wish CU had hired pretty much anyone other than Dorrell but Fisch started his head coaching career going 1-11 at Arizona. So it’s early to think he’s any good. Also I was super against his hire before we landed Tucker so part of me is rooting for him to fail so I’ll be proven right! 😀
He’s also severely outrecruited us with a god awful team, so I’d definitely accept that over what we have.

He’s also severely outrecruited us with a god awful team, so I’d definitely accept that over what we have.
So far yes. But he’ll need to win and keep that up which I’m not confident he will do. Mostly though, I was super vocal against Fisch for CU so I can’t change my opinion of him now over one recruiting class. It’s much more important that I be right than he turn out to be good. 😁

So far yes. But he’ll need to win and keep that up which I’m not confident he will do. Mostly though, I was super vocal against Fisch for CU so I can’t change my opinion of him now over one recruiting class. It’s much more important that I be right than he turn out to be good. 😁
Your chances don’t look good

Counterpoint: Isn't the hit rate quite low for qb's in general? When you consider their rankings, I'm not sure Colorado qbs really underperform that much. I'd have to see some numbers on that.

I can’t believe people are talking about Fisch like he’s probably going to be good. It’s really hard to only win 1 game in CFB, and it’s really hard to lose 34-0 to Colorado.
Not with a team bereft of talent. It’s like you forget that college football is pretty much just about player talent. Arizona was less talented than Colorado last season. That won’t be the trend going forward as long as Dorrell is the head coach.

Not with a team bereft of talent. It’s like you forget that college football is pretty much just about player talent. Arizona was less talented than Colorado last season. That won’t be the trend going forward as long as Dorrell is the head coach.
Yes, it’s still very hard to go 1-11 in college football

Ochs
Holland
Lovett
Tharp
Robinson, Z
Stucker
Brewster
Kubiak
Klein
Elway
Hinder
Miller, J
Berglund
Miles
Apodaca
Del Rio
Rubley
Hill
Lynch
McCaffrey, D
Stemstrom
Evans
Atkinson
Marsh
McAllister
Missing Kain Colter who was a two year captain and two time honorable mention all big ten at Northwestern. He split time at QB with Trevor Semien and played some WR as well.

Yes, it’s still very hard to go 1-11 in college football
Bill McCartney did go 1-10 in his 3rd season at Colorado. I think you could make a pretty good case that talent was the whole reason that he righted the ship. Are you saying that 1-11 is difficult in today’s college football specifically?

That’s great and CU stinks so anyone looks good in comparison, but I’m not ready to be clamoring for Jeff Fisch as my HC just yet.

CU's 2022 classed finished a mediocre 47th according to 247, so it's not just about comparing to a "stinky" team- UA finished 22nd and 2nd in the P-12. As you pointed out, this is coming off of a 1-11 season.

For reference, CU has not finished 22nd or higher since 2008, and has never finished 2nd or better in the P-12.

Back