What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 FL CB Cormani McClain (Signed to COLORADO)

Neverending Story 80S GIF

Gotta say, I know recruiting makes everyone around the country (myself included) say dumb things sometimes. But the Miami fans’ narrative that Cormani’s recruitment has been drama filled is so beyond confusing to me. Literally as little drama from a recruit who ultimately flipped as I’ve ever seen.

Gotta say, I know recruiting makes everyone around the country (myself included) say dumb things sometimes. But the Miami fans’ narrative that Cormani’s recruitment has been drama filled is so beyond confusing to me. Literally as little drama from a recruit who ultimately flipped as I’ve ever seen.

Kid was ready to sign with Miami in December and backed out because of the NIL stuff. That's the extent of the drama from him. I'd argue the Cristobal and the Miami coaching staff created more drama by trying to drop by his HS unannounced when he was in Boulder.

OTOH, Miami fans chirping at CU fans for how bad our program is feels funny to me, considering they've only been slightly more relevant over the past 15 years than CU and just finished a very disappointing season under their savior.

I still have a lot of friends back in Miami after my teaching days, including an old coworker who played at Miami and coaches HS football. Best insight from him: people in Miami think that money solves all of life’s problems. If a player is offered X-huge amount from Miami, if he doesn’t say yes, it has to be because he got X+Y-even bigger amount of money. Obviously, money is relevant. What’s often more important to most people is trust.

Cormani and his mother lost trust in Miami. They developed trust with Prime. Now he’s coming to Colorado.

Also wanted to post this interview:

Where Neeley mentioned that he thinks Cormani has grown since he saw him at the spring game. He looks a legit 6’3”+ now. He also noted that he’s seen a lot of smiles since Coach Prime has taken over, but he might put Cormani #1. Dude is happy to finally be here and get to work.

Also wanted to post this interview:

Where Neeley mentioned that he thinks Cormani has grown since he saw him at the spring game. He looks a legit 6’3”+ now. He also noted that he’s seen a lot of smiles since Coach Prime has taken over, but he might put Cormani #1. Dude is happy to finally be here and get to work.

If as it looks he is a legitimate 6'3" + with his natural talent, desire to learn, and positive attitude he is going to be making a lot of money in the NFL. Seems like every team in the league is looking for those 6;5" WRs that can dominate smaller corners. All the sudden with Cormani they are going to be facing a guy who isn't smaller and has skills to shut them down.

Could be one of those CBs who makes a lot of money for the guy on the other side because teams would rather try to force a ball against the other guy than challenge a guy like Cormani.

Watch this season with the Broncos as teams just avoid throwing at PS2, Cormani can be one of those guys. And who better to learn it from than Prime.

If as it looks he is a legitimate 6'3" + with his natural talent, desire to learn, and positive attitude he is going to be making a lot of money in the NFL. Seems like every team in the league is looking for those 6;5" WRs that can dominate smaller corners. All the sudden with Cormani they are going to be facing a guy who isn't smaller and has skills to shut them down.

Could be one of those CBs who makes a lot of money for the guy on the other side because teams would rather try to force a ball against the other guy than challenge a guy like Cormani.

Watch this season with the Broncos as teams just avoid throwing at PS2, Cormani can be one of those guys. And who better to learn it from than Prime.
Technically, a 6’3” Cormani would still be smaller than a 6’5” WR, but I get your point! :LOL:

One of our new CU fans highlighted this play as an area Cormani is still just a touch behind on. They expect a lot out of the DBs, which really illustrates how far along Stoutmire is.

Stoutmire’s dad was an NFL DB for 10 years, so that can’t be overlooked as far as him making sure that Carter’s technique was refined from an early age. I think he’ll be stud for us in the future.

Also, he already has NFL size at 5’11” and 205 as a true freshman, so that can’t hurt either.

Raw talent in high school is all you need to dominate in a boys game. **** changes when going against grown ass men. Got to have talent, technique, strength, speed, and smarts to dominate.

Back