What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 IA OT Kadyn Proctor (Signed to Alabama)

I think we will see players allowed to have legitimate agents soon, and those agents will work with them on NIL deals similar to their NFL clients. And that will also shift the common landscape to contracts that are 1 year deals, legally enforceable on both ends, but allows for players to move around after a season.

I think we will see players allowed to have legitimate agents soon, and those agents will work with them on NIL deals similar to their NFL clients. And that will also shift the common landscape to contracts that are 1 year deals, legally enforceable on both ends, but allows for players to move around after a season.
I don't know how you seek and negotiate endorsement deals without professional representation certified with NCAA compliance. I thought they had that.

I don't know how you seek and negotiate endorsement deals without professional representation certified with NCAA compliance. I thought they had that.
I believe they can’t have legitimate representation as of right now. Unless I’m mistaken

I’m specifically talking about CFB. Am I wrong here? I thought that MBB and CFB had oddly different rules about the hiring of agents while in college?
I was only making a joke that refers back to the basketball forum and player minutes.

Pretty sure people have agents…
This is another one of those things that I think NCAA loses badly on if it's ever litigated.

Can they seriously say that players can't hire lawyers to represent them in contract negotiations?

It's a fine line between contract negotiations (lawyers) and generally promoting your client (agents), but there's just no way that the NCAA could enforce a "you're not allowed to use a lawyer" rule - I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been blown up already.

Last edited:

But these are not real endorsement deals
These are mafia shakedowns
You just gotta have Cousin Vinny
Ao dern pathetic

What do the players really want now from College Football?

They can sign with NIL talent/marketing agencies.

Where do agents come in?​

Right at the start, and through the whole process. NIL rules in all states allow players to sign agents who will help secure endorsements, appearances, and the like.

Back