What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR OG Tyler Brown (Signed to COLORADO)

Seems like his teammates already love him. 🥹

In this video 👇 at the 2:50 mark, he has his squat bar loaded with what looks like five 45 lb plates, a gray plate that could be 35 or 25, and a 5er. That’s either 555 lbs or 575 lbs, depending on the size of the gray plate. 😲
This one is good. Looks like we have a couple injuries. Pretty sure that was Milliner-Jones in the sling, but I don't who was on crutches. Also prime was a guest on The pivot podcast.

EDIT: Just watch Junior‘s latest vid and it has a different angle where it shows the gray plates are 25. so 555. Pffftt.

Last edited:
In this video 👇 at the 2:50 mark, he has his squat bar loaded with what looks like five 45 lb plates, a gray plate that could be 35 or 25, and a 5er. That’s either 555 lbs or 575 lbs, depending on the size of the gray plate. 😲

EDIT: Just watch Junior‘s latest vid and it has a different angle where it shows the gray plates are 25. so 555. Pffftt.
O'Boyle right there with him too. I love how involved the staff is.

Tyler's mom explains what happened and basically says the NCAA doesn't give a rat's ass about mental health. He has diagnosed anxiety and depression that he was being treated for before his coach passed away at ULL. He also tore both labrum's during that season. They transferred him to JSU to be back home that spring (he needed to stay to cover the labrum surgery) as a stable location and had applied for the waiver this spring to count that transfer as a hardship and use his free one as the move from JSU to CU. NCAA says if you can get out of bed we don't consider mental health as a hardship.

I think it's a similar situation. If Gilbert gets his there are going to be some pissed off people and I'll be one of them.
At what point has the NCAA ever cared about being consistent in the application of the rules. Next thing you know you are going to be asking them to do what is right for a kid and then what happens.

At what point has the NCAA ever cared about being consistent in the application of the rules. Next thing you know you are going to be asking them to do what is right for a kid and then what happens.
I never implied the NCAA is consistent or does what is right.

Are there any lawsuits brewing for Tyler? Would like to see them challenge it, or just start getting away from the NCAA

I am not talking about the NCAA looking at it, I am talking about going to real court and asking a judge to overrule the NCAA preventing a man from playing football, which is essentially his job.
You know at one time that would have been a fools errand, but with the SCOTUS opinions, especially beer buddy Brett's, I would find it rather amusing to see how forcing a player to sit is in both his self interest and in anyway justifiable. I would think a federal judge would ask, what is the justification for this rule; and if I accept the reasoning for it can you prove it is being applied in a fair, consistent, equitable manner.

I can see the argument being that this is an unfair restraint of trade, where coaches and other employees are not denied the freedom of movement and there is no bargaining agreement or individual contract. The NCAA being a collection of the schools has basically imposed rules that harm the athletes for the benefit of the school. Seems like this would likely violate labor laws.

You know at one time that would have been a fools errand, but with the SCOTUS opinions, especially beer buddy Brett's, I would find it rather amusing to see how forcing a player to sit is in both his self interest and in anyway justifiable. I would think a federal judge would ask, what is the justification for this rule; and if I accept the reasoning for it can you prove it is being applied in a fair, consistent, equitable manner.

I can see the argument being that this is an unfair restraint of trade, where coaches and other employees are not denied the freedom of movement and there is no bargaining agreement or individual contract. The NCAA being a collection of the schools has basically imposed rules that harm the athletes for the benefit of the school. Seems like this would likely violate labor laws.
All hypothetical but if a court were to grant a preliminary injunction or if the court made a significant financial award against the NCAA it would prompt a change in their attitude.

I also think NIL changes things a lot, because this is his job, his value is availability to play. I bet some of the lawyers are looking into it

Back