What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR RB Brian Battie (Committed to Auburn)

Why so confident?
He was only in Auburn very briefly and maybe it's my own bias but just reading his comments which felt like pretty token compliments to the staff and facilities and the fact he's already planning an announcement the day after he visits here, I think we have the advantage. Could be wrong, Caddy's a great recruiter, just didn't seem like it was super serious from both sides. I'd actually worry more if he visited Utah but he didn't think he'd be able to fit them in, I think CU is an easier sell for him compared to Auburn. Get him and Weaver here next weekend and Horn should be on campus, feels like a sell job made in heaven for those two to join him.

He was only in Auburn very briefly and maybe it's my own bias but just reading his comments which felt like pretty token compliments to the staff and facilities and the fact he's already planning an announcement the day after he visits here, I think we have the advantage. Could be wrong, Caddy's a great recruiter, just didn't seem like it was super serious from both sides. I'd actually worry more if he visited Utah but he didn't think he'd be able to fit them in, I think CU is an easier sell for him compared to Auburn. Get him and Weaver here next weekend and Horn should be on campus, feels like a sell job made in heaven for those two to join him.
I appreciate the context and love the confidence. I hope you're right. He may have a similar skillset to Dylan Edwards, but Battie is a 1,000 yard rusher at the college level and did it on a terrible team. Jarek Broussard vibes, imo, and he is lethal as a kick returner. Really good add, imo, and works well with Kavosiey Smoke if CU is able to add both

Harsh, I loved watching Speedy haha
Funny thing was that his nickname was Speedy but the weakest part of his game was open field speed. He was shifty and had great quickness in tight spaces, broke a lot of tackles for a guy his size, only to be regularly brought down from behind when he broke past the defense.

I was frustrated watching him. Maybe he was the unofficial representative of the downward slope of CU football in my mind.
Seriously? Speedy was a great RB at CU, who started his career as a lightly recruited last day class addition. How can you hate on a guy with this bio?

From CUBuffs.com:
AT COLORADO: Career NotesHe finished his career with 3,598 rushing yards, good for second on CU’s all-time list, likely winding up shy of the top spot due to missing the better part of four games with knee and ankle injuries (Eric Bieniemy, his position coach as a senior, still leads with 3,940 yards). He still set nine season or career marks his senior year: most career rushing attempts (809), most career all-purpose plays (919), most career all-purpose yards (4,8283,598 rushing, 969 receiving, 261 returns), most career yards gained from scrimmage, both overall and minimum of at least 500 yards rushing and receiving (4,567), most career receptions by a running back (93), including the mark for a single season (45), and the most season (571) and career (969) receiving yards by a running back. He also finished 10th in rushing touchdowns (25), 11th in total offense (3,635 yards) and tied for 18th in scoring (150 points). He just missed out on becoming the 28th player in NCAA history to record 3,000 rushing and 1,000 receiving yards in a career, as he was approaching the mark before he went down with an ankle sprain early in the third quarter in the season finale at Utah. He became the first player to lead the Buffaloes in rushing for four seasons, and was just the ninth to have done it for three years in a row, one of five to have done that with at least 600 yards all three seasons. Both career passing attempts went for touchdowns (covering 37 yards, giving him a 584.5 passer rating). He and Lamont Warren (1991-93) are the only two players to lead the team in rushing as a freshman, sophomore and junior (Warren left after the ’93 season for the NFL). His 16 career 100-yard rushing games (season best of six in 2010) were the second most in school history (Bieniemy had 22) and were among the top six by active players in the NCAA throughout his entire senior season. His 2,744 career yards were the second most to Rashaan Salaam (3,057) through a junior year at CU, and ranked as the most by a player entering his senior season since Salaam declared early for the NFL Draft after winning the Heisman Trophy in 1994 (Bieniemy had 2,312). He became the first player to start a game at running back in four different seasons since Bieniemy did so from 1987-90.

I don't get it.

Last edited:
Welp

angry mark cuban GIF

Back