What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR RB Kavosiey Smoke (Signed to Colorado)

In reality, Oregon, UCLA and Washington State were all no hopers and possibly Utah next week. I would say USC was a no hoper, but we had a great comeback that made it look a lot closer. I agree that 7 wins was very realistic, but TCU and CSU were also 50/50 games that CU happened to come out on top, so 4-5 wins is probably about right.

The point is that we aren’t particularly close to being capable of going undefeated in any P5 conference. Need to replace 40-50% of the starters and all of them have to be true impact players, and we need 15ish new depth guys who can play.
Stanford and Arizona were both games that should have been wins. That's 6 wins. Who knows what confidence could have led to (maybe roll UCLA) if the team wasn't deflated after the Stanford game. Same for the OSU game. A lot ofif's but 8-9 wins IF the OL improved. I think too much of this is laid on the players shoulders. The OL coach, LB coach and DC coordinator were derelict in their duties, all three need to move on. Move the DL coach to analyst and bring in Sapp.

Stanford and Arizona were both games that should have been wins. That's 6 wins. Who knows what confidence could have led to (maybe roll UCLA) if the team wasn't deflated after the Stanford game. Same for the OSU game. A lot ofif's but 8-9 wins IF the OL improved. I think too much of this is laid on the players shoulders. The OL coach, LB coach and DC coordinator were derelict in their duties, all three need to move on. Move the DL coach to analyst and bring in Sapp.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Jesus, nik. Now you just sound like a Nebraska fan. Literally saying a 4-8 team has the talent to be undefeated.

There isn’t a single OL on this team that would start for another Pac 12 program right now. This team is 8-9 impact starters away from competing for a 9+ win season, let alone the 10-15 legitimate depth guys that are needed.

We haven’t put together a full game, but maybe that’s because we don’t have the talent/coaching necessary to do that.
We should have beat Stanford and Arizona but We also could have easily lost TCU and even CSU.

The other coaches are paid to win games to. Early on opponents didn't know what to expect from us.

Once they had some games on tape it was easy to see our deficiencies on the lines. You can hide some other things but when you can't block and can't get off a block teams are going to run you over, no matter how good your other guys are.

We need some P5 linemen. Don't have to be all-Americans but they have to be able to block P5 opponents and not get pushed around.

Then we can talk about winning 8 games.

I'll get crucified for this. But CSU and TCU should probably have been losses. So that evens it out.

Harrell needs to be gone too.

Back