What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR RB Kavosiey Smoke (Signed to Colorado)

Hankerson did well last year with iffy blocking. The competition will tell the final story, but I'll be surprised if Smoke is better than Hank.
I think there is room for all 4 of those guys (Venn, Edwards, Smoke and Hankerson) as Venn and Edwards are both kind of one role and Smoke/Hankerson assume another. Question is whether or not Smith can prove he belongs. I'm not sure if the offense will truly have a spot for Stacks or if he will be encouraged to finish his eligibility (believe he's a 3 to play 2 guy) elsewhere.

I think there is room for all 4 of those guys (Venn, Edwards, Smoke and Hankerson) as Venn and Edwards are both kind of one role and Smoke/Hankerson assume another. Question is whether or not Smith can prove he belongs. I'm not sure if the offense will truly have a spot for Stacks or if he will be encouraged to finish his eligibility (believe he's a 3 to play 2 guy) elsewhere.
Learn the playbook
There are so many cool things that the Sean Lewis offense does to get a RB the hole to get through
The OL will actually be coached to do something right to open holes
All 5 backs are perfect for this opportunity, they just gotta go get it

There’s usually room on a team for at least one FB form of H-back, especially with the added special teams role that works well with that body type.

No doubt, I really want him to get some carries tomorrow
Feel for the man, he works hard on Special Teams, but he had to have been worthy of more
It is stunning that even as talented as Dylan Edwards is and will continue to be that Smoke did not get carries as a Transfer Senior that was productive in the SEC, crazy
Some baffling personnel decisions this season

No doubt, I really want him to get some carries tomorrow
Feel for the man, he works hard on Special Teams, but he had to have been worthy of more
It is stunning that even as talented as Dylan Edwards is and will continue to be that Smoke did not get carries as a Transfer Senior that was productive in the SEC, crazy
Bringing in all those running backs to give 11 total carries a game is damn near criminal. I hate that the coaches say it’s the fans and press who are silly for thinking they aren’t trying to run the ball. Dude, we love Shedeur. He doesn’t have to get sacked every other play though. We can attempt to run the ball. I’d love to see them prove that we can’t run. Like give a legitimate amount of running plays in a game and let us see.

Bringing in all those running backs to give 11 total carries a game is damn near criminal. I hate that the coaches say it’s the fans and press who are silly for thinking they aren’t trying to run the ball. Dude, we love Shedeur. He doesn’t have to get sacked every other play though. We can attempt to run the ball. I’d love to see them prove that we can’t run. Like give a legitimate amount of running plays in a game and let us see.
What is crazy is that a strong QB is a huge plus to a running game because the defense should be afraid of the QB tearing them up, but if you have absolutely no running game or even effort, then you do what UCLA and Oregon State did and just put 5 rushers on the field and kill the QB. I think both of them had 3-4 Ends on the field in the old Bronco Nascar formation because they just did not care if we ran. Having grown up with our dominant rush games of the 80's, 90's, and 00's it is painful to see such a disregard for running the ball

Next year. But there’s a lot of missed recruiting about to go on, unless they can come up with a plan pretty quick here.
I think we are good at RB though for another year before we need to hit on another guy.
Welch is a good incoming RB, and we have everyone but Smoke back, so we got enough different bodies and a fully healthy McCaskill will be a site to see, but the pure lack of design on running plays is pretty sad

I honestly think even charlie should be getting a few carries every now and then. His style might actually get a few yards even with this o line and it is always a momentum booster. Definitely thought we'd see heavy doses of Smoke this year.

Next year. But there’s a lot of missed recruiting about to go on, unless they can come up with a plan pretty quick here.
I don’t think they’re in the RB market in the portal or HS outside of Welch. As long as they keep him committed, they’ll have McCaskill, Edwards, Hankerson and Welch (plus Offerdahl).

I honestly think even charlie should be getting a few carries every now and then. His style might actually get a few yards even with this o line and it is always a momentum booster. Definitely thought we'd see heavy doses of Smoke this year.
Offerdahl is hurt

i feel for smoke and hope he can show out over the next three games or somewhere in the future. i think if we'd figured out the 22 redshirt earlier he wouldve gotten more run. RB is such a funny position. udfas in the NFL seem to make an impact every year.

What is crazy is that a strong QB is a huge plus to a running game because the defense should be afraid of the QB tearing them up, but if you have absolutely no running game or even effort, then you do what UCLA and Oregon State did and just put 5 rushers on the field and kill the QB. I think both of them had 3-4 Ends on the field in the old Bronco Nascar formation because they just did not care if we ran. Having grown up with our dominant rush games of the 80's, 90's, and 00's it is painful to see such a disregard for running the ball
It's not disregard, it's a complete lack of ability to run the ball. The o line simply can't make holes.

Did not get a chance to see the game this week with family stuff but looking at the box score, was happy they tried to run the ball this game. I’ll take 30 carries over 11 any day.

I know our O-line sucks, but it’s inexcusable to never even try to establish a running game.

Was there even one game this year where we had a good rushing performance?
I don't think it's inexcusable when it just doesn't work. We average like 2 YPC. Why would we run it more than 20 times per game?

I keep hearing the answer is to bring another OL onto the field at Hback or whatever. You know, a non-athletic goon who can't block in space and has no ability to make an offensive move of any sort.

Perhaps we should bring in 10 OL and bunch them and just put a RB at QB?

Breaking news: The D gets to adjust their personnel as well. Having more guys on the field who are not a threat to do anything whatsoever but block is not a winning scheme. Somehow we ended up with an OL that can't runblock and not a single TE. Harrison has been great, but he's a big WR.

All schemes suck if you can't run block and the D doesn't have to respect it. They can bring in their speed guys and cause fits.

Back