What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR S Sam McCall (Verbal to Texas A&M)

That's frustrating.

I strongly believe we need more safety depth.

Shilo would be a great addition. But I think we need at least 2 young guys.

Kerry Washington Privilege GIF by HULU

Committed to Texas A&M correct?
Texas A&M must have freed up some more $$$ for this years guys, since so many left
Good luck to him

I’m not usually that guy, but I gotta say, a kid picking TAMU or Miami feels like a red flag at this point knowing what we know about what Prime wants

Call it sour grapes or whatever, but I feel like kids who pick those two schools aren’t necessarily looking for what most other programs are offering. Good luck to them and hope they find success, but feels like they’re looking for a different experience and goal than say an Alabama or OSU (and now CU) offers

Last edited:
I’m not usually that guy, but I gotta say, a kid picking TAMU or Miami feels like a red flag at this point knowing what we know

Call it sour grapes or whatever, but I feel like kids who pick those two schools aren’t necessarily looking for what most other programs are offering. Good luck to them and hope they find success, but feels like they’re looking for a different experience and goal than say an Alabama or OSU (and now CU) offers
If I see aTm, Miami or Oregon I'm assuming the player was shopping for the best deal.

No one should use that to insult a guy, though. In my own career, I have frequently picked the opportunity which paid the most. We're simply not going to get many of those guys. The guys we will get a ton of are the ones who are making an early career choice based on where they believe will provide the best mentoring and do the most for growing their market value.

I’m not usually that guy, but I gotta say, a kid picking TAMU or Miami feels like a red flag at this point knowing what we know

Dude.

Don’t get it twisted with the “does he wanna be a buff” argument. I’m just saying I have no problem with losing a kid to those schools bc I don’t think that’s what Prime is looking for and he has stated as much many times. Square peg/round hole and all that

I’m not usually that guy, but I gotta say, a kid picking TAMU or Miami feels like a red flag at this point knowing what we know about what Prime wants

I expect more from you

Don’t get it twisted with the “does he wanna be a buff” argument. I’m just saying I have no problem with losing a kid to those schools bc I don’t think that’s what Prime is looking for and he has stated as much many times. Square peg/round hole and all that
Sigh

It was always unclear whether McCall was even being recruited here, he only gained traction because he was liking CU tweets but he likes a ton of tweets and everyone's intrigued by what's going on over here. And he wasn't even playing the recruiting game for whatever reason, there was nothing on him between entering the portal and committing to A&M and I didn't see smoke with any school. If a guy is really being recruited here, he usually receives several follows over a day or two, recruiting takes everyone with this staff, that never happened here. Can't really even call it a loss besides that we need Safety help and he was a talented safety out there. Safety is Kelly's position so you hope he has something up his sleeve.

Champ Bailey is not our coach.
What kinda corner are we talking about here? As far as best cover corner, I don't think I've seen anyone better in my time as Prime, Champ was awesome too. If you can cut half the field off, you certainly don't suck. Probably not a right or wrong answer to it.

If I see aTm, Miami or Oregon I'm assuming the player was shopping for the best deal.

No one should use that to insult a guy, though. In my own career, I have frequently picked the opportunity which paid the most. We're simply not going to get many of those guys. The guys we will get a ton of are the ones who are making an early career choice based on where they believe will provide the best mentoring and do the most for growing their market value.
How do we know that Oregon, Miami and aTm have more NIL opportunities? It seems generally assumed, but I'm not sure of the source of those assumptions.

How do we know that Oregon, Miami and aTm have more NIL opportunities? It seems generally assumed, but I'm not sure of the source of those assumptions.
Rumor mill is that those are the 3 which have pushed the market.

Understood. It just seems like the rumors about bad CU fans that circulate in nebraska. If you say it enough times with enough conviction, it becomes true.
For sure it's only rumors. There are going to be exceptions which made my statement unfair to some guys. Also, there are other programs which have driven the market such as USC and there's been a lot of talk this year about Louisville getting aggressive. Others.

Edit: Since you brought up Nebraska, the chatter from their fans is that they were organized and ready to buy their new coach all the talent he wants. Since it hasn't materialized, I have to wonder if Rhule isn't into that approach, prospects aren't that into Nebraska, their fans over-embellished, or a combination of all that.

For sure it's only rumors. There are going to be exceptions which made my statement unfair to some guys. Also, there are other programs which have driven the market such as USC and there's been a lot of talk this year about Louisville getting aggressive. Others.

Edit: Since you brought up Nebraska, the chatter from their fans is that they were organized and ready to buy their new coach all the talent he wants. Since it hasn't materialized, I have to wonder if Rhule isn't into that approach, prospects aren't that into Nebraska, their fans over-embellished, or a combination of all that.
My money’s on over embellished.

Back