What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR TE Kyle Morlock (Verbal to FSU)

Any argument that centers around the idea that the TE position is dying is not compelling. The position has so much value beyond what shows up in that stat sheet under receptions and yards.
Yea, what a decent TE will do for you in the running game by allowing you to shift formation strengths and angles alone is worthwhile even if that guy catches 2 balls a game. If you find a special athlete at that position, it breaks defenses.

Any argument that centers around the idea that the TE position is dying is not compelling. The position has so much value beyond what shows up in that stat sheet under receptions and yards.
A TE that is an actual threat to catch balls downfield forces the D to make so many changes in the secondary, with the big benefit of ending up with single coverage on WR

Noles. They suck.

angry allan mcleod GIF by You're The Worst

Him: Is te really a need for this team anyway?

Me: ??? Arguably the worst position on the team

Him: Does Lewis’ O use the te? I honestly don’t know. The te scholarship allotment has been far out of whack for too long. IMO the last thing this class ever needed was two more. Obviously if CU pulls in an elite te this cycle, I’ll be all for it, just don’t see it as a major need over the other holes in the roster.

Him: If an O doesn’t feature the te, does it really matter if the position is weak?

Me: It does, though. Maybe not a traditional, in-line, but more of an H Back type

Him: It can be valuable no doubt. I guess my main point is, until this roster is actually flipped, there are way bigger issues to fill on the roster before te/h back. Most te in college football are JAGs it’s a dying position

Me: Uhhhh what??

Him: Aside from Utah, Georgia, n ND who’s really using tes as a difference maker? I get it you want a glorified fullback. I’d rather see scholarships going out to players that will have an impact on the game.

Me: And LSU, Florida, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. It’s not a dying position at all. It’s actually a position NFL teams are drooling over to draft and makes a huge difference in CFB if you have one

Him: Lsus te had 340 yards on the ssn. There are only 5 te in P5 that went for over 500. Im sorry I don’t see 38 ypg as a focal point or need when you have one of the worst rosters in the nation. I see te as more of a luxury than a necessity. Obviously we disagree

Me: I can see how you would come to that conclusion when looking at the stat sheets alone, but the position is extremely valuable to offenses that compete at the highest level.

Him: I see CUs O closer resembling the USC, Ohio state, tenn, and Bamas of the college world more than Iowa, wisc, and Michigan’s

Me: [Left the chat]

mods if this person comes over here, ban them immediately

UGA has a QB who is mostly JAGgy but is mega loaded on OL, TE, and RB who’s about to repeat as national champion. Their TEs get so much spacing that Ladd McConkey is wide open all of the time. This dude’s so dense that he thinks that’s bad? Apparently he didn’t see Utah’s 3rd string TE destroy Colorado and U$C in back to back weeks.

We have a couple TE listed in the 250 range. Add some weight and give them the opportunity to move inside.

It is a difficult enough position that most colleges don't have a good one.

That is part of the reason that if you do have a good one many college defenses don't know how to handle him, even a lot of pro defenses aren't effective against a good TE.

One of the reasons I like good TEs is that they give you a high degree of versatility. They can make the running game better but when the D tries to take that away they end up making them more effective receiving.

Also they keep drives alive. Having an easy completion in the middle of the field can turn a play with pressure on the QB into a first down, turn a 3rd down into a 1st.

Him: Is te really a need for this team anyway?

Me: ??? Arguably the worst position on the team

Him: Does Lewis’ O use the te? I honestly don’t know. The te scholarship allotment has been far out of whack for too long. IMO the last thing this class ever needed was two more. Obviously if CU pulls in an elite te this cycle, I’ll be all for it, just don’t see it as a major need over the other holes in the roster.

Him: If an O doesn’t feature the te, does it really matter if the position is weak?

Me: It does, though. Maybe not a traditional, in-line, but more of an H Back type

Him: It can be valuable no doubt. I guess my main point is, until this roster is actually flipped, there are way bigger issues to fill on the roster before te/h back. Most te in college football are JAGs it’s a dying position

Me: Uhhhh what??

Him: Aside from Utah, Georgia, n ND who’s really using tes as a difference maker? I get it you want a glorified fullback. I’d rather see scholarships going out to players that will have an impact on the game.

Me: And LSU, Florida, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. It’s not a dying position at all. It’s actually a position NFL teams are drooling over to draft and makes a huge difference in CFB if you have one

Him: Lsus te had 340 yards on the ssn. There are only 5 te in P5 that went for over 500. Im sorry I don’t see 38 ypg as a focal point or need when you have one of the worst rosters in the nation. I see te as more of a luxury than a necessity. Obviously we disagree

Me: I can see how you would come to that conclusion when looking at the stat sheets alone, but the position is extremely valuable to offenses that compete at the highest level.

Him: I see CUs O closer resembling the USC, Ohio state, tenn, and Bamas of the college world more than Iowa, wisc, and Michigan’s

Me: [Left the chat]
That last line should have been:
Me: thanks Christian.

Back