What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR TE Kyle Morlock (Verbal to FSU)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl
Shorter Bio

12848036_21c4c279c2d74849b6e0fa2f7ee78713.jpg

Shorter University (Rome, GA) / Union County HS (Blairsville, GA)

Eligibility: 2 years

Twitter: https://twitter.com/morlockkyle
Instagram:

Ht: 6'7"
Wt: 245
40:

247s rating:
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.8rr; #1 TE (#20 overall transfer)

247sports Composite:

Reported Offers: Auburn, Florida St, Georgia Southern, Kansas, Liberty, LSU, Missouri, NC State, Oklahoma, Oregon St, Pitt, Purdue, Tennessee, Tulane, West Virginia, Wisconsin, FCS offer

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As a '20 recruit:

247s rating: unrated TE
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: unrated TE

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: DII offer

2-time D2 all-American.

I agree with #1 here. One word: FLUID. Not sure how a guy this size moves so smooth and effortlessly - Track background? Good route runner. A bit high on his blocks, but that comes with the height. He had me on the goal line clip where he got off so poorly, got beat to the point of attack by the defender, yet still managed to finish his block in a pancake. Dude, WTF?!

I agree with #1 here. One word: FLUID. Not sure how a guy this size moves so smooth and effortlessly - Track background? Good route runner. A bit high on his blocks, but that comes with the height. He had me on the goal line clip where he got off so poorly, got beat to the point of attack by the defender, yet still managed to finish his block in a pancake. Dude, WTF?!
TE deep threat? Um yes. All-around TE, too, yep. He’s one of those players that makes a whole offense click. There’s a great play when the QB scrambles, and Morlock works toward the endzone. A very aware CB peels off his cover to drop into the endzone, and is there when the ball arrives. Morlock is just too big and athletic: TD with the corner laying on the ground.

Didn’t they get Jaheim Bell? Odd they went after the two best tight ends in the portal. Odd use of funds

Him: Is te really a need for this team anyway?

Me: ??? Arguably the worst position on the team

Him: Does Lewis’ O use the te? I honestly don’t know. The te scholarship allotment has been far out of whack for too long. IMO the last thing this class ever needed was two more. Obviously if CU pulls in an elite te this cycle, I’ll be all for it, just don’t see it as a major need over the other holes in the roster.

Him: If an O doesn’t feature the te, does it really matter if the position is weak?

Me: It does, though. Maybe not a traditional, in-line, but more of an H Back type

Him: It can be valuable no doubt. I guess my main point is, until this roster is actually flipped, there are way bigger issues to fill on the roster before te/h back. Most te in college football are JAGs it’s a dying position

Me: Uhhhh what??

Him: Aside from Utah, Georgia, n ND who’s really using tes as a difference maker? I get it you want a glorified fullback. I’d rather see scholarships going out to players that will have an impact on the game.

Me: And LSU, Florida, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. It’s not a dying position at all. It’s actually a position NFL teams are drooling over to draft and makes a huge difference in CFB if you have one

Him: Lsus te had 340 yards on the ssn. There are only 5 te in P5 that went for over 500. Im sorry I don’t see 38 ypg as a focal point or need when you have one of the worst rosters in the nation. I see te as more of a luxury than a necessity. Obviously we disagree

Me: I can see how you would come to that conclusion when looking at the stat sheets alone, but the position is extremely valuable to offenses that compete at the highest level.

Him: I see CUs O closer resembling the USC, Ohio state, tenn, and Bamas of the college world more than Iowa, wisc, and Michigan’s

Me: [Left the chat]

Him: Does Lewis’ O use the te? I honestly don’t know. The te scholarship allotment has been far out of whack for too long. IMO the last thing this class ever needed was two more. Obviously if CU pulls in an elite te this cycle, I’ll be all for it, just don’t see it as a major need over the other holes in the roster.

Him: If an O doesn’t feature the te, does it really matter if the position is weak?

Me: It does, though. Maybe not a traditional, in-line, but more of an H Back type

Him: It can be valuable no doubt. I guess my main point is, until this roster is actually flipped, there are way bigger issues to fill on the roster before te/h back. Most te in college football are JAGs it’s a dying position

Him: Aside from Utah, Georgia, n ND who’s really using tes as a difference maker? I get it you want a glorified fullback. I’d rather see scholarships going out to players that will have an impact on the game.

Me: And LSU, Florida, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. It’s not a dying position at all. It’s actually a position NFL teams are drooling over to draft and makes a huge difference in CFB if you have one

Him: Lsus te had 340 yards on the ssn. There are only 5 te in P5 that went for over 500. Im sorry I don’t see 38 ypg as a focal point or need when you have one of the worst rosters in the nation. I see te as more of a luxury than a necessity. Obviously we disagree

Me: I can see how you would come to that conclusion when looking at the stat sheets alone, but the position is extremely valuable to offenses that compete at the highest level.

Him: I see CUs O closer resembling the USC, Ohio state, tenn, and Bamas of the college world more than Iowa, wisc, and Michigan’s

I think he makes a pretty compelling argument, particularly when the roster currently has like 9 TE (before transfers). He presents stats to back his claim. You didn’t even point to one outlier TE lighting it up like Graham.

I sure hope this convo was more than 24 hrs ago.

I think he makes a pretty compelling argument, particularly when the roster currently has like 9 TE (before transfers). He presents stats to back his claim. You didn’t even point to one outlier TE lighting it up like Graham.
Any argument that centers around the idea that the TE position is dying is not compelling. The position has so much value beyond what shows up in that stat sheet under receptions and yards.

Back