What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR WR Tyrone Broden Jr. (Verbal to Arkansas)

And they are all looking for bag. NIL and optimizing your NFL future aren’t mutually exclusive. Nobody needs to sacrifice their rewards in the present in order to get to the league. Sure it may be Small compared to the big payoff, but having some cash while on campus is enticing.

And they are all looking for bag. NIL and optimizing your nfl future aren’t mutually exclusive. Nobody needs to sacrifice their rewards in the present in order to get to the league. Sure it may be Sbdm compared to the big payoff, but having some cash while on campus is enticing.
Exactly. "OMG! Can you believe this mercenary went to Miami over Pitt?!?! He loved our coaches and we've been winning more than them the past few years! Heard they offered 100k more!" Uhhh. Ok.

In fairness, that speculation is happening every time a kid takes his time deciding or doesn't commit to a school after a visit. It's become the thing fans say as a defense mechanism when someone doesn't immediately jump at an offer from their school or ultimately picks some place else.
Yep. That's basically the go to on twitter when a kid picks CU over another power 5.

I’ve visited the campuses at the University of Miami in Coral Gables and the University of Pittsburgh.
cool story bro GIF

Exactly. "OMG! Can you believe this mercenary went to Miami over Pitt?!?! He loved our coaches and we've been winning more than them the past few years! Heard they offered 100k more!" Uhhh. Ok.
So how does this work? NIL money and deals come from the community? Obviously it's not supposed to be from the school itself. I'm new to this. I remember the days when it was all boosters under the table.

So how does this work? NIL money and deals come from the community? Obviously it's not supposed to be from the school itself. I'm new to this. I remember the days when it was all boosters under the table.
It works differently in different places. Texas Tech (I believe) as alumni/boosters set up a fund that guarantees all players get a certain amount. Other schools have boosters just paying them directly for the NIL even if they aren’t really doing much for them.

And some have brand deals from companies that have no association to their universities. For example, Tom Brady’s clothing company had Shadeur as model/brand ambassador when he was at Jackson State which will probably continue at CU.

Arkansas (I don't think we ever reached back out after he bailed on his visit)

Back