What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-0 with 7+ minutes to play and Cody is in the game?

Guys, I am sad to say it, but I am starting to think Hawk is right. every report I have read coming out of spring training, training camps, says that Hansen is no better than Cody. And if none of the new guys are showing any promise, then you have to try to redshirt Hansen to give you as much time as possible to get a great QB in here and up to speed.

I bet if Jordan Wynn had come here we might have been having a different conversation, as he was good enough to supplant the QBs senior to him at Utah, like Barkely is good enough to supplant the QBs above him at USC.

If a 5 star QB wants playing time, he could sign with CU this year, redshirt next, and have a great GREAT shot at being a four year starter for CU and breaking all the records.

Cody struggled all year last year, and so far this season. Worst QB stats in Big 12; and with lots of protection in WY game, didn't preform any better. (1 sack on 31 attempts) If Cody and Tyler are some what close in performance why not play Tyler? Any other team would at least try to improve that position. I have a hard time believeing, Tyler could play any worse at this point.

to me, this is the most ridiculous thing i've seen yet. all his other bull**** is minor compared to this. i mean every freakin snap, lobato can't even hand off the last few series. this is disgusting to me. i guess a concussion wasn't enough for them to learn their lesson. WTF???? pumpkinhead is an idiot, and his whining about criticism is pissing people off. and why the **** doesn't cody ask to come out and give a guy that practices behind him every freakin day some snaps???? freakin unbelievable

Dan Hawkins is up to his ears in bull****. He must think the Colorado football program is his personal toy and he can do as he damn well pleases with it. He has virtually eliminated all competition for his son. I actually feel bad for the kid for being in the middle of this nonsense.

I don't believe a word Dan Hawkins says regarding his perceptions of players' practice performance, their attitudes and subsequent playing time. What else is left after the head coach is completely disingenuous about the quarterback competition and another player's "injury" before the first game of the season.

Now there is no true backup quarterback. Coach Dan is sacrificing the program for his own selfish agenda. Good Grief, Bohn and DiStefano, make the move!

Uh... Isn't that what being the head coach means?

With a defense that had played like ours in the first 2 games of the year and an offense that had not shown the ability to eat up clock if need be, I don't think you start putting in second stringers at 7:00 even if you are up by 3 scores. If Hawk puts in Seth and we fumble in our own territory things become pretty dicey if they score a td and recover an onside kick. Yeah, I know there are a bunch of if's up there, but Hawk had already done some gambling and lost in the game.

Ok, having read this board for the past week without opening my mouth and having some insight to the Hansen situation, I am predicting Tyler will play against West Virginia and be the "guy" the rest of the season. Yes, it will create a scenario of "Why didn't he play sooner!" But the Cody Hawkin experiment is not going well and the coaches know this situation is difficult.

Interestingly, Jayshon Sykes stated on Saturday's pregame radio show that the staff realizes Tyler is the future and their is no QB depth at CU. They really want to save Tyler for the future. NOT the reasons heard from this board and thread that Tyler is not good enough.

So they really want to save him and he's gonna play against WV?

Or they really wanted to save him but have decided they need to play him instead of Cody.

SkitownUSA, it is confusing. I don't know really what they want, but it appears it is more out of necessity than desire.

Ok, having read this board for the past week without opening my mouth and having some insight to the Hansen situation, I am predicting Tyler will play against West Virginia and be the "guy" the rest of the season. Yes, it will create a scenario of "Why didn't he play sooner!" But the Cody Hawkin experiment is not going well and the coaches know this situation is difficult.

Interestingly, Jayshon Sykes stated on Saturday's pregame radio show that the staff realizes Tyler is the future and their is no QB depth at CU. They really want to save Tyler for the future. NOT the reasons heard from this board and thread that Tyler is not good enough.

What insight? I hope you are right.

IMO even if Dan puts Tyler in, he won't be the "Guy." He will be used like last year. Cody and Tyler share time.

What insight? I hope you are right.

IMO even if Dan puts Tyler in, he won't be the "Guy." He will be used like last year. Cody and Tyler share time.

The insight he is referring too is that he is very close to Tyler, and talks with him. either a close friend or family. I don't remember which.

SkitownUSA, it is confusing. I don't know really what they want, but it appears it is more out of necessity than desire.
now THIS scoop would be interesting. Frankly I don't think that concussion is going well for cody.

I'm 99% sure Insandiego is a family member, or a close family friend. So his POV is a little biased.

My opinion on the matter is not biased in any way. :smile2: The job could have been Tyler's is he stepped up in practice. Didn't happen. Cody is the starter barring injury.

Is Hawkins arm strength forcing us to play a WCO, or is the coaching staff actually running that on purpose?

Offenses that can't move the ball in big chunks are never successful in CFB. It is unrealistic to expect college players to consistently put up flawless 12+ play drives for TDs. It is a big part of the reason why we can't score, and why our RZ offense has appeared to be horrible for the past few years.

Completely wrong.

What if... Cody goes down at the end of Okie Light and we're 3-8.

An optimist! I like it!!

Uh... Isn't that what being the head coach means?

No, a head coach has a responsibility to the university and fans.

Guys, I am sad to say it, but I am starting to think Hawk is right. every report I have read coming out of spring training, training camps, says that Hansen is no better than Cody. And if none of the new guys are showing any promise, then you have to try to redshirt Hansen to give you as much time as possible to get a great QB in here and up to speed.

I bet if Jordan Wynn had come here we might have been having a different conversation, as he was good enough to supplant the QBs senior to him at Utah, like Barkely is good enough to supplant the QBs above him at USC.

If a 5 star QB wants playing time, he could sign with CU this year, redshirt next, and have a great GREAT shot at being a four year starter for CU and breaking all the records.

I'm 99% sure Insandiego is a family member, or a close family friend. So his POV is a little biased.

My opinion on the matter is not biased in any way. :smile2: The job could have been Tyler's is he stepped up in practice. Didn't happen. Cody is the starter barring injury.

Yeah, but the problem is that Cody isn't performing in games. Even the CSU announcer said it was an obvious decision to bring in Hansen after halftime. Every game counts, but Hawkins put a RS year ahead of game wins. Unbelievable, IMHO.

i agree with everything said....hawk is doing everything simmons did @ okie state..playing his kid when the other backs were better only got him shown the door..keep it up hawk :lol: :gobuffs:

I haven't been to practices, so I can't really say whether TH is better than CH or not. I can say from the little bit we saw last year, he is physically more talented, whether the's the better QB or not, I don't know. I do know this, our current QB situation is deplorable, both in play, and in depth. If TH can do better, he needs to be in there yesterday.

We have absolutely no downfield threat, no threat to break contain and scramble and appear to rely on a WCO type attack because the QB can't see, can't move, can't strike with the ball. Our pass game is dead frickin' last in the B12 even though we've played an unusually weak OOC for CU. Can it be worse? I guess if TH throws a bunch of picks it could, but as far as I'm concerned, color me "What the Heck?", let's give it a try.

As far as the future, that time is now. There is no tomorrow as far as I am concerned if Juicebox doesn't get the team rolling. This is year four of the Hawk era. CU should not be getting rolled by mid-major also rans...one of them at home for cryin' out loud.

Last edited:
I haven't been to practices, so I can't really say whether TH is better than CH or not. I can say from the little bit we saw last year, he is physically more talented, whether the's the better QB or not, I don't know. I do know this, our current QB situation is deplorable, both in play, and in depth. If TH can do better, he needs to be in there yesterday.

We have absolutely no downfield threat, no threat to break contain and scramble and appear to rely on a WCO type attack because the QB can't see, can't move, can't strike with the ball. Our pass game is dead frickin' last in the B12 even though we've played an unusually weak OOC for CU. Can it be worse? I guess if TH throws a bunch of picks it could, but as far as I'm concerned, color me "What the Heck?", let's give it a try.

As far as the future, that time is now. There is no tomorrow as far as I am concerned if Juicebox doesn't get the team rolling. This is year four of the Hawk era. CU should not be getting rolled by mid-major also rans...one of them at home for cryin' out loud.

Here is something to ponder. In the 2006 season, James Cox won the starting job over Brian White. After the first game lost to Montana State where Cox struggled (but also had little support) he was benched after one game for the 3rd string QB because he was mobile (although he could not pass). So it seems like in the past the coaches were not all hung up on ignoring the practice results.

Here is something to ponder. In the 2006 season, James Cox won the starting job over Brian White. After the first game lost to Montana State where Cox struggled (but also had little support) he was benched after one game for the 3rd string QB because he was mobile (although he could not pass). So it seems like in the past the coaches were not all hung up on ignoring the practice results.

True but the coach's son wasn't in the mix then...I am sure that is just a coincidence though.

Hope you're right. I love me some Tyler Hansen!

They really want to save Tyler for the future. NOT the reasons heard from this board and thread that Tyler is not good enough.

That sounds an awful lot like saving your bullets for the next firefight. If they don't make it out of this season, there is no next year for Hawk & Co.

Back