What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

Dude, you need to start lowering expectations dramatically.

DRAMATICALLY.
So, the coach at Grand Canyon is out of reach?

I think this is realistic. Not the biggest household names, not pulling top coaches who are already at a Major school and there are no top NBA asst coaches on the list.

I would think RG goes after a name in basketball just like he did with CP. He grabs someone he thinks can make a difference and worries about finding the money afterwards. He isn't go to accept going from the top coach in CU history to grabbing a guy who will come for a piece of bubble gum and eek out 11 wins a year.

So, the coach at Grand Canyon is out of reach?

I think this is realistic. Not the biggest household names, not pulling top coaches who are already at a Major school and there are no top NBA asst coaches on the list.

I would think RG goes after a name in basketball just like he did with CP. He grabs someone he thinks can make a difference and worries about finding the money afterwards. He isn't go to accept going from the top coach in CU history to grabbing a guy who will come for a piece of bubble gum and eek out 11 wins a year.
Oh you sweet summer child. RG does not care about basketball.

Okay, so if a rebuild is required, with only young players on next years roster and a new coach - who is that coach? Any realistic replacement ideas?

Throwing out a few names:
Bryce Drew - This is the guy I would like to see replace Tad
Randy Bennett
Chris Mack
Pat Kelsey
Mark Byington
Joe Pasternack
Mark Pope
Stan Johnson
Will Wade
Chris Victor
Danny Sprinkle - he was recently hired at UDub but the AD just left, so.....
NVM this was covered already

Never.

Happening.

Even if we had the money (we don’t) and even if everything on our side was set up perfectly (it’s not) I have heard from at least 4 different people that Kim didn’t enjoy CU (the school) or Boulder.

Please everyone stop suggesting this.
You likely know more about it, and I am not going to contradict you, but share the story of when I got the chance to play golf with him his last year here before he left for TN at the CU summer tournament at Colorado National. Incredibly engaging and enjoyable to be around. Oh, and he is a hell of a golfer. I saw him at least 2X that next basketball season and he said hello each time, remembering my name. He even gave me his CU business card (still have it I think).
The funny recruiting story is that he swore he was going to land Boogie Ellis. I didn't roll my eyes, but thought, "Uh, isn't he choosing between Kentucky & Duke?" I guess it shows he's willing to shoot for the stars.

Dave Logan

Kevin Hart No GIF by Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud

Had to think of someone since Kim English is apparently not interested.
See, this is the problem. It's hard to tell if you're this dumb (which I personally doubt, but @Darth Snow says otherwise) or if you're this bad at trolling. I'm hoping it's that you're trolling incompetent, but I'm not sure and I'm genuinely worried for your friends and family.

In all seriousness, a great fit if we want the same type of program with a bit more name recognition then Mark Turgeon should get a lot of consideration. He's only 59.
It'd be an amazing hire, but I think he's pretty content just sitting doing nothing and earning that sweet sweet Maryland cash.

Plus, he'd have to update his restraining order against Will, so that might be a dealbreaker.

See, this is the problem. It's hard to tell if you're this dumb (which I personally doubt, but @Darth Snow says otherwise) or if you're this bad at trolling. I'm hoping it's that you're trolling incompetent, but I'm not sure and I'm genuinely worried for your friends and family.
A Chauncey Billups HC suggestion, followed by a Kim English joke directed at you, specifically, is average to above average trolling, in my opinion.

Going over the roster, at the moment it looks like we have 10 players for next season, 9 if the rumors of Hurlburt moving on are true. So 3-4 open spots.

"Just so happens we're in need of 3-4 PG's." - @Goose probably
If Hadley was told he'd be the only returning senior as alleged, that suggests we'll see Hammond enter the portal.

If Hadley was told he'd be the only returning senior as alleged, that suggests we'll see Hammond enter the portal.

If he stays he's the next Talton/Collier type. 4 year in-state PG that gives some stability.

A Chauncey Billups HC suggestion, followed by a Kim English joke directed at you, specifically, is average to above average trolling, in my opinion.
If you want an ex-Buff, bring in Nate Tomlinson. Not enough experience, but that would be something RG would do

Back