What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

Who else from the illustrious Ricardo Patton coaching tree?
71w354MzcdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Going over the roster, at the moment it looks like we have 10 players for next season, 9 if the rumors of Hurlburt moving on are true. So 3-4 open spots.

"Just so happens we're in need of 3-4 PG's." - @Goose probably
You ready to roll with Hammond (if he doesn't follow the rest), Ruffin or a R/S freshman as our primary ball handlers? How about as ALL of our ball handlers?

With the roster, I keep reminding myself that Utah State returned no scoring from their 2022-23 team, hired a new coach from mid major Montana State after the season, and was able to pull in transfers to construct a team that won the MWC. It's not necessarily a rebuilding year next season, but it takes an incredible job of talent evaluation & acquisition and also an amazing job on the coaching side of creating culture & chemistry to get all those new pieces to fit.

MWC is a moon and the Big 12 is a space station.

star wars that's no moon GIF

Change is intriguing! This is fun!!

Agree and I'm looking forward to the move to the Big 12 but not with the way things are going for MBB right now.

And despite all the doomsayers here, I want to remind everyone that RG hired JR Payne...how is that turning out these days?

Well, this is gonna be the most depressing and/or exciting offseason in recent CU hoops history!

I want to be optimistic about Diop and Dak ... but basically we've only see them 1. rotate the ball in the offense, 2. throw down the occasional alley oop, 3. get mostly worked on defense down low. Still a mystery to me whether they're legit contributors. I'm skeptical.

Hammond is Collier 2.0 = not the answer. I can't recall what RJ looked like, but he showed OK in the box score anyway.

Man, if that last 2 minutes vs Marquette would have gone better, this uncertainty might not sting so much.

Tad has only had one losing season in 2014-25 (holy **** that was 10 years ago!), the floor is pretty high, and that team had all kinds of issues that talent wasn't one of the big ones.

Given that, he may be looking at his second losing season next year, but then again, it may also surprise us.

Dude, you need to start lowering expectations dramatically.

DRAMATICALLY.

Thinking the coaches from Seattle, Loyola Marymount, and UC Santa Barbara would leave for a power conference job/paycheck is an example of “dramatically high expectations?”

wtf are you talking about?

Bryce Drew was a disaster at Vandy. Will Wade is at Mcneese State wow and has baggage. Chris Mack has been unemployed for several years. The JMU coach just took the job at vaunted Vandy.

With a few exceptions that list is completely realistic.

Tad’s base salary is #52 in the country. Not great but respectable.

His total buyout (guaranteed money he were to be fired) ranks #27.

And the amount of money he could potentially earn from performance bonuses ranks #6.

Some of you all act like his contact/the potential template for the next coaches contract is awful.

Back