What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

JFC, can we at least see what happens before we start making declarations on next year's roster considering we don't know roughly 25-40% of it?
This you?
TL;DR: We're ****ed.

Longer version - we're REALLY ****ed.

I kid, I kid

JFC, can we at least see what happens before we start making declarations on next year's roster considering we don't know roughly 25-40% of it?

Seriously. Unless you're still playing in the tournament, what's happening to us is literally happening to every other program in the country.
Calm your tits people.

This you?

I kid, I kid
We could have an all star team next year and still be ****ed long term in the B12. Nothing I said in that original post has changed with any news.

Generally, when you lose your top 5-8 players, your team will tend to struggle a bit....unless they're replaced with better players.

you are on a roll today

straight into the abyss
I have no inside info, Tad looked worn out at the end of the year. I just wonder if he has the fire to rebuild. I hope so, because he is the best MBB coach CU has had IMO. But, all good things come to an end and a 14 year run is pretty long.

I could see Cody, TDS, KJ declaring for the NBA draft tomorrow. Tad announces his retirement on Friday. Hoping this isn't the case and that KJ + Tad come back and rebuild the team with transfers around KJ.
I would hope for KJ to come back, but honestly, I don't know how he would improve his stock at this point, he had a monster year.

Reactions: GRM
There were retirement whispers a few weeks ago - I heard it from at least 3 different people but no one was sure how it would shake out. Right now I’d say he’s back next year but nothing would surprise me.

I’d hope, if Tad were to be planning to retire, RG would be aware and secretly putting feelers out. Or at least developing a list.

With the latest transfer rules, getting a new guy in quickly is even more crucial than ever.

With the roster, I keep reminding myself that Utah State returned no scoring from their 2022-23 team, hired a new coach from mid major Montana State after the season, and was able to pull in transfers to construct a team that won the MWC. It's not necessarily a rebuilding year next season, but it takes an incredible job of talent evaluation & acquisition and also an amazing job on the coaching side of creating culture & chemistry to get all those new pieces to fit.

Freaking Out GIF

I’d hope, if Tad were to be planning to retire, RG would be aware and secretly putting feelers out. Or at least developing a list.

With the latest transfer rules, getting a new guy in quickly is even more crucial than ever.
Is there a MBB coach building a home in Boulder? I need to know.

straight mercenary territory with Eddie, would have loved to have him back but understand trying to land at a final 4 contender and see what kind of bag he can get. don't think he will have his cake and eat it to though, wherever he goes will either be a worse program or he'll have a greatly diminished role

Hadley, get paid my guy

folks are saying we losing our top 5-8 players? nothing from Dak, Anderson, Smith, or Diop right? imo that is. very strong young core to build around

I think this is the best thing for both sides. Hadley and Eddie will go to good teams to make a tournament run. We get to roll out a new young core that will improve rapidly together. We were going to be bad with Eddie and Hadley anyway. Now we have a chance to be better down the road. This is all predicated on the young unproven guys actually being talented though. Should be fun.

We are not alone in losing players.

990 is a little over 76 fully scholarship'd teams. If you had any amount of success, you're probably hopping in the portal to either get NIL, or to upgrade your situation to get NIL in the future.

And I highly doubt Tad isn't portal crootin' right now. Its going to be a absolute necessity going forward.

Back