What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

Why? Tad will meet with every player after the season. He'll wish Tristan and LOB luck in future basketball endeavors. He will tell some others that they will not likely play much for CU if they stay and suggest they move on. Everyone else with eligibility will be told how to improve and how the coaching staff envisions using them next season--this includes KJ and Cody. If there's even a 5% chance Cody returns, Tad needs to let him know that he'll be playing point if he returns--that position lets him develop the skills the NBA wants.
Tad would be stupid and an asshole to ask Cody to come back. Cody needs to get the bag while he can, and any coach that tries to talk a lottery pick into staying in school is a ****ty coach 🤷.

It's Tads job to do right by his players.

Tad would be stupid and an asshole to ask Cody to come back. Cody needs to get the bag while he can, and any coach that tries to talk a lottery pick into staying in school is a ****ty coach 🤷.

It's Tads job to do right by his players.
With the uncertainty of the rebuild that looks to be at hand, there is 0% chance that Cody stays.

There were retirement whispers a few weeks ago - I heard it from at least 3 different people but no one was sure how it would shake out. Right now I’d say he’s back next year but nothing would surprise me.
Our good friend Will Whelan has been on the retirement train for some time.

I promise you - Tad didn't "plan" on going into next year with an entirely new team.
Like I already said...Tad doesn't keep guys for their extra COVID year. You think it's just coincidence that LOB, Hadley, and Eddie all have extra years, and they're all transferring instead of hanging them up.

Remember, Tad didn't bring back Walton, Schwartz, or Horne even though bringing those guys back would have made the '21 team pretty damn good.

I promise you - Tad didn't "plan" on going into next year with an entirely new team.
Starting with the expectation being that Cody was a 2- or 3-year recruit at the time he signed. Not all 5* guys are 1 and done. But he absolutely blew up.

Freaking Out GIF
Oh No Omg GIF

Let's all freak out. Why change now?

Starting with the expectation being that Cody was a 2- or 3-year recruit at the time he signed. Not all 5* guys are 1 and done. But he absolutely blew up.
That's fair. Cody was a 2 year plan. That changed 4 months ago. The other 5 though?

That's fair. Cody was a 2 year plan. That changed 4 months ago though. The other 5 though?
KJ wasn't leaving if he hadn't had the 3pt shooting year he did. But, yeah. And there was plenty of time to plan for losing all 6.

Gawd Zandi. Your negativity, unfounded conjecture and bad takes, even by AllBuffs ‘standards’, is not appreciated.

Specifically here, he’s signed three wonderful recruits to go along with several promising young underclassmen — great planning – and has shown he can score in the portal.

You promise? Based on what info? Which guys are surprises? Be specific, drama tits.
If he was planning on BD and Diop starting, you don't think he'd have played them more? Maybe pull the red-shirt of Anderson? Maybe have started recruiting some more transfers, or at least not letting 4* centers out of their LOI?

Eddie is a surprise
Hadley is a surprise

^^^ This is part of it

Sorry if I chose the wrong superlative in "promise". Too many of you get butt hurt when people say things like:

Tad would be a Idot if he planned on none of these players returning, yet did what he did during the season.

If he was planning on BD and Diop starting, you don't think he'd have played them more? Maybe pull the red-shirt of Anderson? Maybe have started recruiting some more transfers, or at least not letting 4* centers out of their LOI?

Eddie is a surprise
Hadley is a surprise

^^^ This is part of it

Sorry if I chose the wrong superlative in "promise". Too many of you get butt hurt when people say things like:

Tad would be a Idot if he planned on none of these players returning, yet did what he did during the season.
So...

1) Overall, you meant something completely different than what you said. Credible.
2) You have no inside info, just declarations on "surprises" based on a supposition that he should have given guys who weren't ready to play yet more minutes.
(FYI, Tad wanted redshirt Dak, that was his plan that Dak shot down, so your supposition sucks)
3. Tad is an idiot because he didn't do what you think he should have done during the season. The same season he won more games than any CU coach ever has despite horrendous injury issues.

Drama. Tits.

Eddie is a surprise
Hadley is a surprise

^^^ This is part of it

Eddie and Hadley are not a surprise if you've paid any attention to Tad's roster decisions through his entire career.

And no...he wouldn't play Dak and Diop more...he was trying to win games, dude.

Okay, so if a rebuild is required, with only young players on next years roster and a new coach - who is that coach? Any realistic replacement ideas?

Throwing out a few names:
Bryce Drew - This is the guy I would like to see replace Tad
Randy Bennett
Chris Mack
Pat Kelsey
Mark Byington
Joe Pasternack
Mark Pope
Stan Johnson
Will Wade
Chris Victor
Danny Sprinkle - he was recently hired at UDub but the AD just left, so.....

So...

1) Overall, you meant something completely different than what you said. Credible.
2) You have no inside info, just declarations on "surprises" based on a supposition that he should have given guys who weren't ready to play yet more minutes.
(FYI, Tad wanted redshirt Dak, that was his plan that Dak shot down, so your supposition sucks)
3. Tad is an idiot because he didn't do what you think he should have done during the season. The same season he won more games than any CU coach ever has despite horrendous injury issues.

Drama. Tits.
Suck
On
Them

You sure seem to like them.

I'm sorry but what I saw in Cody this year (OK maybe the injuries hurt him) makes me think "definitely 2 years needed" and I dont see how the past 4 months made him go from a 2 year plan to 1 and done at that. he doesn't make shots like a top 5 pick would in my eyes.

I'm clearly not a scout...

Okay, so if a rebuild is required, with only young players on next years roster and a new coach - who is that coach? Any realistic replacement ideas?

Throwing out a few names:
Bryce Drew - This is the guy I would like to see replace Tad
Randy Bennett
Chris Mack
Pat Kelsey
Mark Byington
Joe Pasternack
Mark Pope
Stan Johnson
Will Wade
Chris Victor
Danny Sprinkle - he was recently hired at UDub but the AD just left, so.....
Dude, you need to start lowering expectations dramatically.

DRAMATICALLY.

I'm sorry but what I saw in Cody this year (OK maybe the injury hurt him) makes me think "definitely 2 years needed" and I dont see how the past 4 months made him go from a 2 year plan to 1 and done at that. he doesn't make shots like a top 5 pick would in my eyes.

I'm clearly not a scout...
Here’s the biggest factor - the 2024 draft is considered one of the weakest in a decade.

2025 is considered one of the strongest.

He can get better - and would - by staying at CU and would end up falling probably 10-15 spots in the draft in 2025 vs where he would go in 2024.

This alone means he needs to go immediately. Everything else is out the window.

If Eddie and Hadley were part of the "plan" - why didn't we honor them on Senior night? Do we only do that for undergrads? <- honest question.

Never.

Happening.

Even if we had the money (we don’t) and even if everything on our side was set up perfectly (it’s not) I have heard from at least 4 different people that Kim didn’t enjoy CU (the school) or Boulder.

Please everyone stop suggesting this.

this is from doctor who GIF

Never.

Happening.

Even if we had the money (we don’t) and even if everything on our side was set up perfectly (it’s not) I have heard from at least 4 different people that Kim didn’t enjoy CU (the school) or Boulder.

Please everyone stop suggesting this.
CU fans are like a guy in a dark room with a flickering spotlight that only shines on one spot of the floor. They have no idea what the **** is out there other than the things they've seen in that one spot.

Back