What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 WBB Team

Concerning Charlisse Leger-Walker, she is a great player, but . . . they Buffs have a total of six players on the roster right now that are in their final year of eligibility. Signing more seniors/5th year players means the Buffs will be going through cycles of transfers without a lot of continuity.

I am hoping that JR & Co. take sophomores and juniors for the last 2 or 3 incoming transfers.

Concerning Charlisse Leger-Walker, she is a great player, but . . . they Buffs have a total of six players on the roster right now that are in their final year of eligibility. Signing more seniors/5th year players means the Buffs will be going through cycles of transfers without a lot of continuity.

I am hoping that JR & Co. take sophomores and juniors for the last 2 or 3 incoming transfers.
There straight up isn't continuity in free transfer wild west. Its going to be this way for a while.

There straight up isn't continuity in free transfer wild west. Its going to be this way for a while.
I get that for the foreseeable future that portal will keep things crazy, but if the coaching staff recruits players with two or three years of eligibility there is a chance for some continuity.

I get that for the foreseeable future that portal will keep things crazy, but if the coaching staff recruits players with two or three years of eligibility there is a chance for some continuity.
For each grad transfer it would be good to get a transfer with more than a year left, knowing however that it’s impossible to thread the eye of a needle perfectly. Hope JR gets Janae Walker, the big from Kentucky…

Last edited:
Here's an updated look at the roster for next season as it stands now:

Sara-Rose Smith 6-1 5th Yr.
Frida Formann 5-11 5th Yr.
Tameiya Sadler? 5-8 5th Yr.
Nyamer Diew 6-2 5th Yr.
Lior Garzon 6-1 5th Yr
Kindyll Wetta 5-9 Sr.

Kennedy Sanders 5-8 Fr. - R
Tabitha Betson 6-2 Fr.
Lova Lagerlid 6-0 Fr.
Grace Oliver 6-1 Fr.
Erin Powell 6-0 Fr. (Verbal commitment)

This is why I hate the portal. Despise the portal. Will never approve of the portal.

I am liking this player Nyamer Diew

The Iowa legislature stopped funding DEI and some horrible videos are out about what the three state universities are doing and saying. In one the President of Iowa State says something to the effect of they have to figure out how to make white rural farm boys comfortable on a big campus.

That was a problem when I was in college. My brother-in-law had that problem. If they still are trying to solve that problem. Iowa State needs to take a hard look at itself.

This is why I hate the portal. Despise the portal. Will never approve of the portal.

I am liking this player Nyamer Diew

The Iowa legislature stopped funding DEI and some horrible videos are out about what the three state universities are doing and saying. In one the President of Iowa State says something to the effect of they have to figure out how to make white rural farm boys comfortable on a big campus.

That was a problem when I was in college. My brother-in-law had that problem. If they still are trying to solve that problem. Iowa State needs to take a hard look at itself.

Do people think that making it so "white rural farm boys" are comfortable on college campus isn't within the philosophical framework of DEI thinking? Maybe it hasn't considered that in its application, but the idea is that you want people from all backgrounds to be represented and valued within your organization & community. Iowa should have kept DEI and expanded/ refined it rather than throwing it out if its universities weren't well serving the state's rural populations.

Do people think that making it so "white rural farm boys" are comfortable on college campus isn't within the philosophical framework of DEI thinking? Maybe it hasn't considered that in its application, but the idea is that you want people from all backgrounds to be represented and valued within your organization & community. Iowa should have kept DEI and expanded/ refined it rather than throwing it out if its universities weren't well serving the state's rural populations.
I was a McNair Scholar in undergrad, it's a program aimed at getting underrepresented backgrounds into Doctoral programs.

I was underrepresented as a first generation, low-income student.

I'm also white, and grew up in a very white neighborhood. I wasn't a rural farmboy, but rural farmboys were the epitome of who would have felt comfortable in the spaces I existed in when I was 16-20 years old.

Most McNair Scholars were non-white. Through the program, I often found myself in rooms where I was the only white person, and in rooms where <10% of the people were white. Those experiences, were a huge part of me becoming more comfortable in my own skin, in an academic setting. The impostor syndrome, the concerns about not dressing correctly, the concerns about using something other than the Queen's English or whatever stuffy bull**** that was coming out of every professors mouth, the concerns about never being the one talking about my family's summer vacation home, etc, etc, etc, are what got dealt with in those rooms. All of that is exactly what the plutocrats don't want white rural farm boys learning. They want the thinkers and dreamers born on rural farms to remain excluded from places where they can think and dream about transforming the economy into something more equitable that doesn't grind the labor class to dust just for the betterment of shareholder value and CEO compensation.

I never would have felt comfortable on a college campus repeating the jokes told around the campfire by rural white boys that I'd heard a hundred times in my teens; and that was a good thing. When I arrived at an elite East Coast private school for PhD work, I did find myself in rooms where slightly less crass versions of those campfire jokes would have been a way to facilitate entry into certain social circles. It's that sort of white supremacist, misogynstic, patriarchal thinking that they want rural white farm boys to stay comfortable with.

Iowa State is the agricultural state. It has an ag school and a vet school. BIL and his siblings and their kids have all gone there and manage just fine.

I grew up in Des Moines. My friends who went to Iowa State were nervous of the large campus. The large campus is one of many reasons I chose a small private college but I got hit with the large campus at CU.

I know those white farm boys and their like. I live amongst them. My oldest two nephews are not the epitome of rural white farm boys. The 3rd one is and was. They don't need any help in becoming MAGAts. They already are.

I don't see where doing away with DEI is going to help sports recruiting for Iowa, Iowa State or lowly UNI.

Rural white farm boys don't seem to ever mature. That's scary. But the ones who graduate from college are also finding more and more companies are leaving the state or not considering moving here because public schools are being destroyed along with many other things. New graduates can't wait to leave and that is going to include athletes.

Best wishes to her.
(Didn't know what school this is. It is part of the Univ. of South Carolina system and is located in Spartanburg .)

Never heard of the school. From some of these transfers by the freshman, I wonder why JR recruited them. If they are going to be starters at these schools, they shouldn't have been on our bench.

Never heard of any contact during the transfer process with the Buffs anyways, but since she's mentioned in this thread a few times (and I was hoping the fact she was from Littleton might give CU a LITTLE chance), wanted to note that 6'4" Oregon State transfer F/C Reagan Beers (who I believe will be a junior next season) has committed to the Sooners -

Beers to Oklahoma - Ouch! At least CU won’t have to face her anymore in conference play.

Currently, CU’s roster has zero all-conference caliber players.

Back